Pretty Stranger

She’s My Angel

“You alright there, buddy?”

“Huh?” Wonwoo opens his eyes but his vision isn’t clear enough to recognize the figure standing right in front of him.

“That was a great fall!” Wonwoo hears a female voice, although he knows for a fact that it isn’t his mother’s. He rubs his eyes and lightly slaps his face to wake himself up.

“You know, it’s a good thing you didn’t hit your head on-“

“H-hey! Who are y-you?! M-mom!” A frightened Wonwoo slowly backs away from the random girl in his room, he picks up his glasses on his desk to get a better vision, yet he still can’t believe a stranger manage to get into his room. The girl just laughs at Wonwoo’s scared reaction.

“Wonwoo, are you okay?” His mom knocks on his door and sticks her head in his room.

“Mom, who is she? Why did you let her in without warning me?” Wonwoo is angry that someone is in his personal space, no one has ever been in there except for his parents when he gives them permission to enter. A room is a sacred place, it’s where he finds calmness and peace, it’s the only place where Wonwoo is able to be isolated and protected from this crazy hectic world filled with crazy hectic people.

“Who...? You know, I’m starting to really worry about you...” she stares at her son as if he lost his mind, there was nobody else in the room but him. She places her hand on Wonwoo’s forehead, maybe the fever is getting to him.

“W-what!? Come out! This isn’t funny, this is a crime, a felony!” Wonwoo slaps his mom’s hand off his forehead and starts searching around his room. He looks in the closet, under the bed, under his desk, behind the curtains, outside his window...

“You know what, you should really rest... I made some food, I’ll bring it up soon!”

“I’m not crazy, I tell you!” Wonwoo slams his window closed.

“Riiiiiiight” 

As soon as Wonwoo’s mom leaves the room, Wonwoo turns to his desk and spots the stranger from earlier sitting at his desk, his eyes widen.

“M-“

“Don’t even, she wouldn’t see me, I can make myself invisible as crazy as it sounds but it’s true...” she says while making zero eye contact with Wonwoo as she reads one of his books.

“Why are you here? Are you real?”

“Possibly...” she puts down the book and walks towards Wonwoo.

He backs away until he hits the wall.

“I need your help” she pokes his forehead.

“I might just faint...again, and I’m hoping this isn’t real at all, no way!” he runs to the other side of the room away from her.

Wonwoo’s mom enters his room, carrying a tray full of food.

“I hope you’re in the mood for some stew, I made it with-“

“Do you not see her? She’s standing right there! Right in front of you!”

“Wonwoo, nobody’s here! You are going to sit down, eat, enjoy the food, and then rest right now! Or else... uh... or else no school for you tomorrow!” His mom has had enough.

“I told you, she can’t see or hear me at the moment, silly...” she sits back down at his desk and continues her reading.

“Now, I will go back and check on you later. Please, just rest for the love of god! You’re starting to scare me a little...” 

Before his mom leaves, she takes a good look around the room.

“No one!” she slowly closes his door.

“Eat up, big boy!” the girl laughs.

“You know what, I think I’m just dreaming, yeah, a dream... Well, I am actually sick though. It’s just the fever!” Wonwoo ignores the girl’s presence and starts eating his food.

“Yeah, no... I’m real, as real as it gets! I know you, I’ve been watching you from up there”

“You know me? Haha, of course you do, this is all a dream, anything can happen!”

“I know that you had a terrible day yesterday, I saw everything, and I’m just as disappointed as you are” 

“Oh please, everyone at school knows, they watch every single thing I do!”

“I just really need your help Jeon Wonwoo, please!” she grabs his hand, which startles Wonwoo.

“Can I just eat...” he pulls his hand away and his whole face turn red. Wonwoo feels super awkward when it comes to physical contact with others, especially when it’s with the opposite . 

“Who are you anyway? This dream is starting to get less interesting...”

“Well, this isn’t a dream, unfortunately...”

“Riiiiiiight” Wonwoo says with a mouth full of food.

“Hmm... like mother, like son! Cute. Anyway, I’ll just introduce myself I guess... I’m Nae Haneul. I’m from up there...”

Nae Haneul, standing at 5’6, straight long dark brown hair that reaches until her bum, beautiful big round eyes, a tiny beauty mark on the left side of her face near her nose. She wore a plain white t-shirt dress and some all white low cut chunky sneakers with ruffled socks. Wonwoo indeed finds her very beautiful, although he probably thinks that this girl is just made up, that this is all in his head.

“Where? The North? What do you mean?”

“You know, up there...” she points to the ceiling.

“The... sky...?”

“Yes, that’s right! I’m an angel, well sort of, I’m getting there, alright!?”

“You are? Riiiiiiight!”

“I am! I’m telling you!”

“Where are your wings? Your halo? Just because you wear all white and have super powers doesn’t mean anything... Casper!”

“Halo? Pfft, that is so old school! Anyways, I have not yet earned my wings, and this is the part where you come in to help me earn them”

“Why would I help you? Oh right, I am the heroin of my dreams, I have no choice sadly, unless I wake up right... NOW!” Wonwoo slaps his face to wake himself up, but it doesn’t do anything, now he is left with a sore face.

“Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?”

“As a matter of fact, I think I am out of my mind!” Wonwoo continues to slap himself over and over again.

“Wonwoo! What are you doing!?” Wonwoo’s mom is standing at his door, she didn’t know whether to laugh or to worry about her son.

“M-mom, I-“

“You know what? it’s alright, it’s okay, I just came to get the tray back. As long as you’re in bed, and you stay there, until tomorrow, you should be fine... ok bye!” Wonwoo’s mom grabs the tray quickly from his lap and rushes out of his room. Haneul couldn’t help but laugh.

“You know, she thinks I’m crazy, right? Am I?!”

“Well, no, actually... listen, I really need your help if you could just listen to me please...” she grabs Wonwoo’s hands. She seems to be very serious this time.

“Go ahead... this better be good...” Wonwoo blushes.

“I need you, Jeon Wonwoo”

“W-what?” Hearing those words made Wonwoo feel all warm and fuzzy inside, he couldn’t understand what he was feeling at that moment. He suddenly got all nervous, he’s too afraid to admit that he got butterflies in his stomach. Maybe it’s just the sickness?

“You see, I told you earlier that I haven’t earned my wings yet. I need you to help me get them. Every angel has to do enough good deeds to earn their wings”

“Well, do them! You don't need me! I'm busy anyways!”

“I was assigned to you by my boss, every angel in training is assigned to a person from earth. We have to basically help our person become...uh... a better person! if I explained that correctly... you get it, right? Please say you do!”

“A better person? Ha! I am a better person, I am a good person! This is unbelievable...” Wonwoo couldn’t understand why him, he never did anything wrong, never committed a crime, hasn’t even cheated on an exam or stolen candy from the store.

“Well, my boss and others don’t think so! You don’t necessarily have to do bad to be chosen, don’t take this the wrong way but they just think you need to do more with your life... do more for others...”

“Oh great, even people from the heavens think I’m boring!”

“No, don’t say that! Well, I wouldn’t say boring... maybe just bland? Plain? Unexciting? Kinda selfish sometimes...”

“Yeah like that’s better... thanks!”

“May I add that they are currently watching us right now! So say hi!” Haneul waves to the sky, Wonwoo gives her a weird stare.

“Is this some kind of sick joke? This is starting to be not funny at all!”

“Tell you what, if you cooperate and do as your told, which you shouldn't worry too much about I won’t make you do anything bad at all, I earn my wings and I get to leave you alone. So we should get started as soon as possible if you want me gone. And if you don’t, I will never leave, just saying...”

Wonwoo doesn’t know whether to agree or not. He’s not really fond of the idea of someone telling him what to do, especially when it’s someone he just met. Although he does want her gone but at the same time this could all be just a prank? He is desperately waiting for his mom to just pop out and say April Fool’s. Or maybe a dream? Maybe once he gets a good sleep, she’ll disappear first thing in the morning? He can’t imagine himself trying to study and work while a random girl is in his room. It's impossible that she would stay here forever, she needs food, water and other stuff to survive. He's for sure not letting her sleep in his bed and use his washroom! Won't her family and friends start to worry? That's if she is a "real" person... So, agreeing wouldn’t hurt?

“Are you in?”

• end of chapter 3 •

Hello! Back with a new chapter! I just want to say that I did not make or own any of the gifs I use in my story (obviously I do not have that talent lol I can barely work Microsoft paint) but big thanks to all the people who make gifs, I'm assuming it takes some time to make them, they are well and beautifully made hihi! hope this chapter is okay! Is it too long? Or too short? Or too much dialog? Whoopsies... I feel like I'm just talking to myself at this point, but whatever haha... (so sad and pathetic!!!!) I'm just writing for fun and as a pastime so it's all good! By the way, not like anyone cares, but I received my Seventeen lightstick last week!!! It's so "bootiful"!!! I waited more than a month for it, although the box is dented but at least the stick itself is in perfect condition! Now I'm just waiting for my NCT lightstick hehehe... anyways, I started school today so hopefully I have time to write maybe during the weekends! Thank you for reading, you're a real one! Subscribe if you like or not I don't care that much hihi...