Chapter 2

Thank You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayi was sitting on the sofa when she overheard their Dad shouting. The master bedroom's door was not entirely closed. So she came near the door to only take a peek, but heard something she thought she shouldn't have. 

 

What she heard was enough for her to connect the dots. She was flabbergasted. She never thought that her Mom and Dad would have this kind of issue between them.
 

He has always been a loving father to her and her 4 other siblings and a good provider. She has always looked up to her Dad. Now, she's sad and disappointed at him. The thought of him being unfaithful to their Mom made her almost gag.
 

She was crying. Silently. She was covering with her two hands to not elicit any sound. She didn't want any of her siblings to know what she just discovered, let alone their Mom. 

 

She didn't want to believe it. It might be that she's just assuming things from what she heard. From watching all the Netflix's stories about cheating made her think that her Dad's unfaithful too. She didn't want to conclude yet. A part of her didn't want to believe it. She decided to hear what their Dad would say first before concluding. 

 

Not wanting to cause any alarm, she texted their Dad. 

 

Hi Daddy. I heard bits of what you and Mommy talked about. Can you tell me what's going on?

 

After a minute of contemplating, she erased it. 

 

She typed again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter