Chapter 5

Thank You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm not there, Ji." 

 

"It's okay Ben." He answered. 

 

"It's actually good that I'm not there. Because if I am, I'd punch the lights out of you. You're my best friend and I'm supposed to support you but not this time, bro. Never am I going to support you of your infidelity. I know, you haven't done the deed but still you invested time with her."

 

He just listened. 

 

"You are betraying her just because of a rekindled love affair from way back then? You are insane!"

 

He just bowed his head. Though he is not answering, Ben could still hear him breathing on the other line so Ben continued talking. 

 

"I know there are moments and feelings that will not even equate to how long you've known a person but heck man, you're a married man. Not to mention, you have children already!" 

 

"So am I just going to stay for the kids?" 

 

He knows the answer already but he still asked Ben because he might have a better way of saying it. He always does. 

 

"Staying because you're married to someone and staying because you're committed to the relationship you two built are totally two different things."

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

 

There he goes again with his cryptic messages. Jio can't seem to comprehend at first but he knew in his heart, he understood it. Clearly. 

 

He's like the calm to Jio's storm in both his life and his business. Ben's quick tempered yet he calms down as quickly too which is the opposite of Jio. 

 

"Go figure it out on your own. By the way, Dexter is going there tomorrow." 

 

Then they ended the call. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

 

Dexter visited him. "You seriously need some housekeeping in here Ji."

 

Dexter being the neat freak of the 3 of them, didn't like that there were plastic cups of ramen and food container wastes displayed on the table. 

 

"How deep have you fallen for her?" 

 

He was drinking his cola when Dexter asked that question. He spit it out almost at the same time he was sipping it. 

 

Dexter patted his back slowly and offered him a towel. Then there was silence.

 

"You haven't answered my question yet, Ji."

 

Now, the interrogation begins. 

 

"I don't know." He answered honestly.

 

When they have problems like this in life, Dexter is that friend that is simple. He asks simple questions but why are they so hard to answer? He has a knack of knowing the truth, too. He didn't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter