007. jeon-mayer

jealousy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

meeting his girlfriend’s family was something that allowed jeon jungkook to know more about her, particularly a side to her that he’d never seen before. he learned from her mother that park chaeyoung had a “tomboy” phase for some time, where she refused to wear anything remotely close to the colour pink, which he found ironic considering her love for the colour (specifically, baby pink). from her father, she learned that park chaeyoung was actually quite rebellious in nature—when he and his wife were out of state for business, she’d host parties in their house and drive around without a license (that’s right, even at the age of 13/14) and was smart enough to fill the tank just enough as before they left. she'd gotten caught however when there was an error in the cctv footage, and mr park accidentally looked back at the recording for a month prior to find it. then, she learned about his girlfriends picky music taste and how she had to force herself to listen to k-pop as soon as she got the offer, because she’d had an ipod filled with only a certain number of songs, with 90% of them being john mayer songs.

 

he admits he’d never heard of the artist before until alice mentioned him, and made it a point to learn more about him and his music the night later. and that’s how he found himself down a rabbithole of content, practically memorizing “half my heart” and “slow dancing in a burning room” by the following morning, despite his usual struggle to recognize english lyrics.

 

jeon jungkook is a new fan. he likes the song, the tone of john mayer’s voice and the lyrics so and he admits that john mayer is a very attractive guy. it's no surprise to him to learn that the artist had a reputation for being a player. in fact, he plays “your body is a wonderland” on the following anniversary dinner as they get into a heated make out session.

 

jeon jungkook is indeed a fan, so much that he suggests to his girlfriend to sing his song for a show she does.

 

she wins a lot of hearts that day and he’s proud.

 

that is, until he gets the ultimate compliment—a guitar and note from john mayer himself.

 

“babe, you have a package it’s so big it must be something meaningful,” he calls out, bringing the big box to the middle of the living room.

 

she's wearing nothing but his flannel button up, hair still messy as she drags her slippered feet to him, going on her tiptoes to give him a kiss. wearing her reading glasses (which he finds, very very hot on her), he chuckles when the rim hits the side of his cheek. he doesn’t mind.

 

“i’ll rather unbox you—” she teases.

 

he puts his fingers over her lips, “… don’t tempt me.”

 

she chuckles, and he likes the way her hair cascades messily as she walks to the package, lethargically unboxing it. he goes to the other side of the room, heading to the kitchen to prepare her coffee when he suddenly hears the loudest gasp from her. jeon jungkook runs to her in panic, seeing her tearing up with hands shaking in excitement.

 

“JOHN MAYER SENT ME A GUITAR, OH MY FRICKEN GOD!” she yells in so much excitement, “… my life is complete, wait i need to tell the girls.”

 

before he could congratulate her, she’s running back to her bedroom to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter