005. family

jealousy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jeon jungkook feels as though he’s a useless boyfriend, because while park chaeyoung has the ability to soothe his worry with a phone call alone, he knows it is his duty to protect her from the mistreatment and hate. but something so simple proves to be close to impossible considering the nature of their work, and quite frankly, could result in more problems than solutions. he isn’t capable of counting the amount of times he’d called her in desperation, when the fast pace life was beginning to hit him like rock and the way she’d tell him to breathe slowly and to drink water even if it were four in the morning of whichever time zone she was in. or the way his face would light up when he’d come home after a long day to see a small care package in his kitchen counter. regardless of whatever the situation was, even if they were thousands of miles apart, she found a way to bring him a sense of peace amongst the chaos. voice memos. a few hours of cuddles before she’d have to go back to her dorm before her manager would find out. video calls. her voice singing to him in a private YouTube video. ordering him pizza after a practice. sending him a bottle of wine to remind him of her. whatever it was, she was his remedy. performing was his first love, but park chaeyoung took his breath away and slowly, his love for performing became nothing but a job.

 

park chaeyoung enjoys indulging in his fantasies, knowing well that it was impossible. they find themselves laying in bed in matching striped pajamas, her head so close to his chest that if she’d tried hard enough, she could most likely hear his heart beat against her ear. “you’ve been quiet,” she notices, peering up as she adjusts her body slightly so that she isn’t laying on him but is sitting against the headboard, “... what’s wrong?” she always notices. park chaeyoung always knew when something was wrong. even his best poker face proves useless against her intuition. jeon jungkook sighs, fingers agitatedly scratched against his head as she positions himself beside her. he had always been an open book to her. she simply stares with gentle eyes, concern glowing in her expression as she squeezes his hand, “... you can talk to me about anything, babe. i’m sure you’ll feel better when you say it out loud.” how would it be possible for him to say the truth? “i’m just tired,” he lies. her brows raise on their own, almost as though she’s challenging his answer, “... but there’s something bothering you outside of that.” he nods. park chaeyoung doesn’t push tonight, instead wrapping her arms around him with nothing but the most genuine of love he swears he could ever feel. no words, no song, could even begin to articulate the feeling of having her by your side. 

 

morning comes and he’s awoken by the smell of bacon and eggs and while he really does need those extra minutes of sleep, reaching his hand over to an empty bed pulls him into reality. incoherent words mumble beneath his voice, her name being one of them before he hears the sound of soft footsteps running towards him. “i’m sorry did i wake you? i forgot to close to door, get some more sleep,” her voice is soft as she pulls the cover over him, and plants a gentle kiss on his forehead, “... you still have plenty of time before practice.” he reaches him arm before pulling her in, resulting in a scream from her as she complains something regarding how she smells like bacon and doesn’t want to dirty the bed sheets. he doesn’t care. a sheepish smile grows across his lips as her spoons her from behind, his head resting against her shoulder. “stay like this for a bit,” he says. she hits him playfully, “... i don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter