Chapter Four: Breaking Thunder

two of a kind

"Kiss me again," said Changbin. Lixie leaned in and gave Changbin a huge kiss on the lips. He his bottom lip, pulled out of the kiss, and then smiled at him, bushing. Changbin hugged Lixie tightly around the waist. Lixie hugged him back and kissed him on the forehead. Changbin beamed. "I love you," he said. Lixie pat his back and said, "I know."


Felix awoke to find himself floating in outer space. He just about screamed when he realized what was going on but then remembered that this was space. And there's no air in space. I'm gonna die up here, he told himself. If he held his breath for too long without taking in more air, he'd die. He kept floating for what seemed like an eternity and started panicing as he realized that he needed more air. He then told himself that he needed to calm down, or he'd lose air quicker, but it wasn't like that was goint to help. He was going to die anyways.

Eventually Felix knew he had to exhale so he could inhale some new, fresh air, and allowed himself to do so. Even if it might kill him. When he exhaled and took in more air, he felt this odd sensation in his mouth like drinking ice-cold water after excercising in the hot summer sun. He felt like the odd feeling may mean death, but when he realized that he wasn't dead, he rejoiced.

After he had discovered he could breathe, Felix just kept inhaling and exhaling to the point where it felt normal. He looked around to see if there were any planets and saw only one orbiting its sun, which happened to be blue. The planet was a pastel pink color with a light yellow horizon, and was a rocky planet. He started to move towoards the planet like he was swimming and somehow entered its atmosphere. When he entered the atmosphere he saw its cotton candy clouds and rivers flowing with hot fudge. He noticed how weak the gravity was and started doing the same swimming motions down to the surface.

Eventually Felix found himself in a meadow surrounded by trees. He saw a few very strange creatures there that looked like normal Earth animals, such as a rabbit, moose, or kangaroo, but they were all made out of chocolate or another type of sweet. He decided to hop around the planet and found himself in another clearing. It was full of unique and intricate pop rock formations, and the grass was a very pretty lavender blush sort of color. Felix picked a blade of grass from the ground and stuck it in his mouth to taste it. The grass tasted sour at first, but it turned sweet after about thirty seconds or so. As Felix explored the rocky clearing he saw many pretty pop rock formations and more unique creatures, such as a snake made out of licorice.

He kept exploring until he saw a horrid sight, stopping dead in his tracks. What he saw mad him want to cry right then and there. It was Lixie kissing Changbin.

"YOU!" Felix screamed with tears in his eyes. Lixie broke away from the kiss to see what was the matter.

"Felix?!" Lixie shouted. "How in the name of God did you get here?!"

"WHY ARE YOU KISSING CHANGBIN?!" Felix screamed back.

"I asked first," said Lixie.

Felix hesitated. "This is my DREAM!" He shouted. "Of course I'm here!"

Lixie looked dumbfounded. Did he not understand that this was all a dream? Because there is definitely no such thing as a pink candy planet orbiting a blue sun with rivers running with hot fudge and clouds made out of cotton candy.

"Felix, you idiot!" Lixie finally responded after some time. "This is MY dream!"

It was Felix's turn to look dumbfounded. No, this was definitely HIS dream. Lixie was the one who was mad. Then Felix realized that he and Lixie were the same person. Could they be sharing this dream? It didn't seem possible but still made logical sense. Well, it did in Felix's mind, at least. After yet another long pause, he finally asked: "Are you gonna answer MY question now?"

Lixie just glared at Felix. "It's MY dream, I can do what I like," he said. Felix just glared back at him and gave him the finger.

"Oh oof," Changbin whispered to Lixie suddenly. Lixie forgot he was there and jumped.

"DON'T DO THAT!" Lixie screamed at Changbin. Changbin hid his face in his shirt.

Meanwhile Felix was still glaring at Lixie even though they weren't still making eye contact. However, Lixie noticed that Felix was still glaring at him so he glared back. They kept glaring at each other and said terrible things about each other in their minds. They kept glaring at each other until nighttime came and the planet's three moons, one of which was red, the other two being silver and gold, had risen high into the sky. Only the red one was full and the other two were crescents.

All of a sudden there was a shrieking roar that sound above all the other sounds of the night, and all three boys turned their heads in the direction where the sound came from. What they saw was horrid but at the same time majestic. It was a huge, midnight-colored dragon, at least three stories tall, and it was flying straight towoards them.

Several minutes of fear and awe passed as the boys watched the dragon get closer and closer to where they were sitting (or standing). Eventually the dragon found its perch on one of the pop rocks and said in a booming voice: "I AM THE QUEEN OF THIS PLANET AND I DEMAND YOU LEAVE AT ONCE OR I SHALL DEVOUR YOU PUNY MORTALS!"

"But where are we supposed to go?!" Changbin screamed.

"Go anywhere!" The dragon queen roared. "Anywhere but here!"

The three boys all paniced as they didn't know where they could go. Using the planet's low gravity to their advantage was one thought. But even though the planet had low gravity, there was no chance that they could escape the dragon queen.

About a minute passed and the dragon queen was getting impatient. She launched off her rock and soared towoards the boys at lightning speed, wide open. This was it. Their lives were over.