Afraid

With You

The next few days actually went by faster than Eunbi had imagined. And she had a great rest, she clearly remembered what Sakura had told her when she was first admitted in Sakura’s hospital—or clinic as Sakura calls it. She was now one of those patients that Sakura had mentioned who got their rest in her clinic. Sakura was right at every word she had said proudly. And now Eunbi knows it was not just a brag, in fact the scenery of the clinic was quite satisfying than any hospital she had known, she didn't feel bored because the nurses that tend to her are always friendly, asking about things that are in the interest of Eunbi, Eunbi thought that they may have mind-reading powers because they knew what topic to open up to her, the services of the nurses--and the doctor Miyawaki Sakura are quite very satisfying, well, Sakura tends to her everyday to do her rounds to check on Eunbi’s records and she stays on her room for 10-15 minutes, and they are basically catching about everything they had missed in each other’s life, sometimes they talk about their exes and even Sakura’s relationship right now, And Eunbi was shocked that Sakura was biual too like her, they are also talking about their journey before becoming what they are right now, and even learned a lot about each other’s interests and hobbies and they sometimes talk about their embarrassing moments where they both laughed so much. It was a nice feeling that both had felt whenever their one on one sessions ends per day. Sure, Sakura had said that she doesn’t want to treat anyone especial, well she was true to her words, what she is doing these days is getting to know someone whom she wanted to be a friend for a long time, that’s why she is keeping her professional pace and does her rounds regularly, and stay for 10 more minutes and deduct it on her breaktime. Another special thing that Sakura’s clinic makes patients rest are the good looks of the nurses that take care of the patients, and Eunbi had wondered if Sakura had a physical basis in accepting her nurses and interns and even her secretary named Hyewon. And well, Eunbi was also teased again by Sakura because she had asked this to Sakura once.


It was the 7th day, when the results from Eunbi’s MRI, CCTA, Blood test, blood pressure monitoring, chest X-ray, Echocardiogram, ECG, stress tests, and other tests that the doctor Miyawaki Sakura had suggested. Sure Eunbi had some attacks where she was in serious pain but Eunbi didn’t really take all that seriously, because she was feeling a lot better knowing that she was safe on her friends watch. 
 
  



 

Sakura came to Eunbi’s room earlier than usual because they both know that Eunbi’s test results are up, and both of them are hoping that what Eunbi is feeling is not a serious one. 

 

Sakura opened the door of the room which Eunbi is in and Eunbi then sm iled just by seeing her friend, she grabbed the remote and turned the volume down of the drama that she was binge watching for a week, she was doing this because she didn’t want to think about work for the meantime, and she had Yena who can do her work properly, and her collaboration shoot was also postponed, thankfully Jessica was quite understanding by Eunbi’s situation.


 

“Miss Kwon” Sakura said teasingly while walking to her bed. 

 

Eunbi then smiled and addressed her friend also in a formal way to get back at her teasing. “Doctor Miyawaki Sakura” she said and they both laughed. Simple things like this are not usually what made them both happy but it’s the fact that after those 7 years, they had met again. 


 

Sakura then said on the chair that no one really sat on, because clearly Eunbi had no watcher since Yena was the only one who always visited her, and Sakura wonders sometimes where Eunbi's parents are. But she didn’t want to barge into Eunbi’s life when Eunbi is clearly not opening this topic up. 


 

“How are you feeling today, Eunbi?” Sakura asked after she sat comfortably on the chair. 

 

“I’m good, Sakura. And I think I didn’t have any attacks this day, especially on my chest. Thankfully” Eunbi said with a smile. 


 

Sakura nodded her head and extended her hand to the intern on her back that usually goes to her whenever she had rounds. Sakura accepted the tablet and Sakura started scrolling down on her tablet, checking probably Eunbi’s results. Sakura was in focus while she was reading the results and Eunbi sat there quietly, feeling a bit nervous about the results, and she had hoped that she wouldn't have to go to any surgery or operations, because she was terrified. That was the last thing she wanted to hear.



 

After Sakura had finished reading whatever is on her tablet, she looked at Eunbi seriously. 

Eunbi felt more nervous than she was earlier, she faked a laugh and looked at Sakura with worry.  “Why are you so serious after reading my test result? Is it bad? Hehe”


 

“Uhm..” Sakura started and Eunbi gulped. “Well, it’s curable” Sakura continued and Eunbi felt relieved by hearing what Sakura had said. Eunbi let out a sigh of relief, but she was shocked when Sakura had said something to her. “But you need an operation. As of now, we;ll try our best to find possible donors that can help you rig--” Sakura was stopped by Eunbi’s words. 

 

“W-what did you just say? I need what?” Eunbi asked, her face clearly showing that she was shocked, fell agape, and her eyes are full of worry, and full of fear. Not what Sakura had expected to see from Eunbi.


 

“Relax, Eunbi, we’ll find you some donors as soon as possible. We need to do operations because half of your heart is becoming infected. Just trust me on this one, okay?” Sakura reassured Eunbi.

 

Eunbi looked down and closed her eyes, and suddenly, her mind made a flashback which had happened 7 years ago. She saw hospital lights which were blinding and she saw the hand of someone she loves lying down on her operation bed. Eunbi then starts to sob as these moments flashbacked on her mind. Sakura starts to get worried at what she was seeing and immediately stood up and pat Eunbi on the back. 

 

“Eunbi-yah,” She said as she patted her friend on the back. 


 

After a few minutes of comforting her friend, Eunbi now had her courage to lift her head up and looked at Sakura. 

 

“Eunbi, trust me it’s not so bad, I can do your operation successfully” Sakura said again, 


 

But Eunbi looks like she was about to cry again, but Eunbi managed to say what she wanted to say to her friend. 


 

“I’m not doing it” Eunbi said these words which made Sakura shock. 


 

“B-but, I can assure you that this operation is not risky at all, because you have check up earlier before this can get worse and I ca—” Sakura had jumped a little when she heard a shout coming from Eunbi. 

 

“I said I’m not doing it!” Eunbi’s tears started to fall again and she quickly removed the blanket which wrapped her feet and she removed her dextrose herself. The interns and Hyewon are about to stop Eunbi from leaving the hospital but they can't do so because they didn;t receive any orders from the doctor herself. And Sakura was shocked by Eunbi’s words which made her frozen on her spot. 

 

“Eunbi had left the hospital room even though she was still in her hospital gown, she dialled Yena’s number as she walked out of the room and when she left, Hyewon was the first one to make Sakura return from her thoughts.

 

“Doctor, patient Kwon had just left” She had as she shook Sakura. 

 

Sakura then returned to consciousness and bit her lip. She was worried about her friend, because clearly, things might get worse when Eunbi didn’t have her operations. 

 

“I think let’s give her some time for now, I’ll try to convince her” She said to her interns and her secretary, they nodded their heads and Sakura felt her phone vibrate on her doctor’s coat. She fished her phone and looked at her phone screen with a frown. It was her girlfriend. She is not really mad about her girlfriend, she had no reason to. But it’;s just the fact that she was feeling worried about Eunbi because she needs to focus on other things too. Sakura answered the call and placed her phone on her right ear. 

 

“Joohyun-ah” She greeted her girlfriend.

 

“Let’s meet right now, Kkura” she heard from the other line


 

“Why? Is it an emergency? I have work” Sakura said and sighed


 

“Again, work. When are you able to give me some of your time?” she heard her girlfriend yelling at her. 


 

“I’m sor—” Sakura was about to apologize when she heard her girlfriend speak on the other line.


 

“Let’s break up” 


 

Sakura’s jaw fell at the shock. Can this day get even worse? 


 

“What?” was the only word that had escaped her lips. But she just became more frustrated when she heard that the other line ended. 

She was about to leave the room to go to her girlfriend’s apartment when she was stopped by Yena who had just entered the room. 

 

“Doctor, where is the president?” Yena asked.


 

“Long story, Yena, didn’t she call you?” she said and continued walking out of the room but she was stopped when she heard Yena’s words. 

 

“All I heard from the phone call was honking of cars” I thought she was just watching some dramas and accidentally dialled my number because after that she ended the phone call immediately. 

 

“What?” Sakura had looked at Yena 


 

“We have to find her” Yena said and ran outside the room worriedly


 

Sakura can’t protest, it was the matter of life and death. She thinks as she runs out of the hospital that maybe she will just make it up to her girlfriend once Eunbi is found safely, and she hopes for the better. She went to the car with Yena driving it as she sauid that she was fast to drive. 



 

“Why did she run off?” Yena asked as she drives

 

Sakura was busy contacting 911 but also answered the question.


 

“I don’t know. I just told her that she needs to have operation done” 


 

Yena then made a stressful face after she heard it. “Ah that’s why” Yena said but Sakura didn’t understand anything about what Yena had said, because she didn’t explain it to begin with. 



 

“What do you mean, Yena?”  Sakura asked curiously 


 

“You’ll know when Miss Kwon explains to you. I believe it’s not my business to tell you, doctor” Yena said and drove faster than before to get to where they had tracked Eunbi’s phone. 

 

Sakura wondered what the big deal was and why is Eunbi so scared to have a transplant, but most of all, Sakura was praying for her friend’s safety. Because she can’t lose her, she just met her after 7 years. 

 

 

 

 

Selling – Damir Mujkic, RealtorAnd here is the 3rd and fianl update for today, my reason for doing this triple update is that I feel so bad that I am actually updating in an inconsistent matter, you know what I mean, I am not a good writer and yet I make people wait to read my crappy ideas. So seriously I wanted to thank you if you are still reading till here. Thank you for being here and there is not much I can say but please do leave comments because I would love to interact to you guys more and talk to you and hear some of your thoughts. Thank you once again and I hope you enjoy your day today, everyone!