Comfort

With You

 

"The results are up, I've reviewed everyone's tests for the week and I will be posting the results here" the professor said as he starts to tape a paper which contains the result of the tests of the papers. "Everyone has passed,this I can assure you" the professor continued after posting the piece of paper. "But I've been disappointed at someone's performance this past week. Seems like she can't handle tests after tests. I wonder how can she handle everything once she enters med school" the professor said with a hint of disappointment. "Well then, I'll be seeing you later"

 

"Goodbye, prof!" The class bids goodbye before the class starts to run to the results. Everyone had tried to be the first one to see the result--causing a chaos. 


 

"Aish, why do you want to be in chaos when you can see the result later" Sakura exclaimed and put her chin lazily on her hands and watched her classmates go into chaos while trying to find their name and results. 



 

After watching her classmates see their grades, she stood up and went to the results herself after the coast was clear already. 


 

She put her index finger on the paper and slid down as she went for the students with surnames starting with the letter 'M' and when she found her name, she started to calculate her scores. Her jaw dropped as she saw her scores. 

 

'I was the one professor was talking about'


 

Suddenly, she felt like all her hard work had become useless. All the all nights she pulled for the whole week preparing for her back to back quiz had all become useless-and not all that, also her view of herself had become useless. She thought she could handle everything, but she can’t—after seeing her scores, she became someone who doesn’t want to believe in herself anymore. She remembered her mother and father working hard so she could go to medical school after she graduated. She felt hurt.

 

 

'My dreams, my records before going into med school had all been shattered'


 

Suddenly she felt her vision become blurry and her tears suddenly escaped from her eyes.

 

She was crying because she was affected by her scores. She can't believe it.

 

She then put her palm on her face to cover her face from the mess she was by crying. She just ran without thinking where she was going, until she reached the stairs to the rooftop. But before she could reach the rooftop, she broke down and cried her eyes out. 

 

She was still in shock that her scores can be that low. 







 

30 MINUTES EARLIER…




 

Eunbi had been preparing for her designs for their upcoming practicum where they will make their own jewelry designs. She was ready, all her sketches, all her ideas--she had put her heart and soul into making it. She loves designing, and she was totally enjoying what she was doing. And so it was clear that she was definitely doing a good job—she thought.


 

Before the jewelry making, the professor had decided to check their designs first to give tips and praises for their designs. 

 

“Kwon Eunbi, your designs are great, I bet this will sell a lot once you release your own brand” Eunbi’s professor said as he was flipping her designs on various rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. 

 

Eunbi smiled--feeling proud that her designs had finally been recognized. 

 

“Thank you sir!”

 

But Eunbi’s smile fell as her professor said another sentence.

 

“But they will not sell out once you make a mistake in making every detail of your designs. I’m sure you will take a long way before making your brand famous” Her professor said and closed her sketch pad and gave it back to her. 

 

She was devastated as she thought that her designs would finally be worth praising. But it was not. She looked down, not being able to lift her head because her pride had been hurt.

 

“Wow! These are simple designs. But i think they will definitely sell. Plus you are good at marketing!” Her professor said to her seatmates designs.

 

‘As usual, her work was praised—again’ Eunbi thought and rolled her eyes.


 

She was used to these, her professors having favoritism on her even though she was not that talented. Just because she was the daughter of the director of the school she gets the respect that other students can't have in this school--including Eunbi. 


 

Eunbi was thinking negative thoughts while making her jewelry because of what her professor had told her. And she was not liking any of it. But still, she managed to pull through and make her own jewelries in time. 

 

After making various amounts of jewelry for like 25 minutes, she decided to walk to clear her mind.

 

She went to her favorite spot, on the rooftop of the university. 


 

She slumped on the bench near the stairs once she reached the rooftop.

 

“I just want my efforts and my talent to be praised, is that so hard!” Eunbi shouted and closed her eyes.

 

She was feeling the sunshine, the soft wind hitting her face, and the quiet atmosphere. She smiled as these were somewhat lifting her mood up. Until she heard sniffs and crying sounds near her.

 

She slowly opened her eyes and stood up to look where the sound was coming from.

 

She walked to the stairs where the crying sound was coming from. And stood next to the crying person. 


 

When Sakura felt some presence beside her, she immediately lifted her head up and looked at the one who sat next to her, not caring if she looked like a crying mess. She looked at Eunbi with the gaze like she was wondering what she was doing beside her.

 

“Are you okay?” Eunbi asked Sakura and looked back at her.

 

“Ah! Sorry, It’s obvious that you are not okay just by looking at you” Eunbi immediately said before Sakura could open to answer Eunbi.

 

Eunbi then fished her pocket and then she extended her hand towards the crying girl.Sakura was still frozen in her position and her stare at Eunbi was now broken and she looked at the handkerchief instead, but she didn’t accept it and looked back again at Eunbi. 

 

‘Who are you? Why are you helping me’ Sakura thought

 

Eunbi waited for a few seconds for Sakura to accept the hanky that she was holding, but when Sakura was just looking at her, she took the initiative to dry the tears away from Sakura’s face.

 

Eunbi then lifted her hands and was about to wipe the tears from Sakura’s eyes but Sakura moved her head away, making it hard for Eunbi to reach it.

 

“Don’t worry, my handkerchief is not dirty" Eunbi said and smiled for reassurance, but Sakura was still avoiding Eunbi's hands. But Eunbi had enough and held Sakura on her neck and pulled her closer to wipe her tears. Sakura was shocked, but she kept looking at Eunbi as she was still wiping her tears away. Sakura stopped crying as she looked at Eunbi's calming face. She can't really explain what she was feeling right now, but being with the stranger she is with now is not so bad, after all comfort is what she needed the most right now. 

 

"Care to share what you are crying about?" Eunbi asked as she was finishing wiping Sakura's face with her handkerchief, and she then had eye contact with Sakura, but Sakura just frozen in there, silent, still having an eye contact battle with the stranger beside her. 

 

"Is it your love life? Did your boyfriend leave you?" Eunbi asked dumbfounded. 

 

Silence took place. And Eunbi broke the eye contact and placed her hands on her knees to sit comfortably, she was looking at the skies now, even though the sun was a bit blinding, she decided to do it to avoid Sakura's gaze.

 

'I might freak her out because she might think that I am asking too much about her' Eunbi thought. 
 

"I'm sorry for asking you ma—" Eunbi was about to apologize when Sakura interrupted her

 

"No, I am not crying over my boyfriend, I don't have one. And my studies are my priority, I believe I am too young to have a love life, and it might distract me from my studies." Sakura said.

 

Eunbi then looked at the girl's ID and noticed that she was still in first year while on the other hand she was graduating. The girl was right, she is still too young. 

 

"You are just a first year college I see, you are right, you are still quite young" 

 

Sakura then looked down, but she was no longer crying. "I just don't want to waste all my parents' efforts in sending me to this university, because in medical school, this university has very high standards and that's why my parents wanted me to go here to prepare for my future" Sakura said while looking down. After Eunbi heard this, she then looked at Sakura. 

 

"Jeez, you're just in first year and you're already preparing for med school? Wow" Eunbi said, in shock. 

 

"I just don't want my parents to be dissapointed, I want all their hard work to pay off. But I guess I am not" Sakura said. 

 

Eunbi noticed the unhappy tone that the girl used. She was down, she noticed. 

 

"Let me guess, you did bad on your test?" Eunbi asked, still looking at Sakura. 

 

Sakura just nodded, still looking down, embarrassed about what she was into.

 

"It's just tests," Eunbi said and Sakura lifted her head up and frowned at Eunbi. She was about to shout at Eunb when Eumbi continued her words. "Tests are not the overall basis in becoming a good doctor. Who knows, you might do well on hands on operations and other stuff. And besides, being a doctor is quite hard, so it will not be just based on how you do on a written exam" Eunbi Looked at Sakura's ID and read what she had taken in her field. "Besides, operations are more important since you want to be a cardiologist" Eunbi said and lifted her gaze back on Sakura's gaze. 

 

Eye contact had taken place again. Sakura never thought that these words can really comfort her. It was after all, correct. Silence took place again and they were just looking at each other's eyes. 

 

After a few minutes, Eunbi was the one who broke the contact and looked down. She sighed and let out her thoughts. 

 

"I envy you" She said as she sighed and looked at the skies. 

 

"Why would you envy someone like me?" Sakura asked. 

 

"Because I think your professors don't look down at you" Eunbi admitted and pulled a long face. 

 

"Why, are your professors looking down on you or something?" Sakyra asked. 

 

"Well, you can say that, or maybe you can also say that I 'm also bad at designing. Eunbi said and forced out a smile. 

 

"Maybe you are just bad at it, I guess?" Sakura said and put her chin on her knees to make herself comfortable. 

 

"W-what?" Eunbi asked surprisingly. She didn't think that the girl beside her wouldn't comfort her like she did to the girl. 

 

"I was just saying what I think. Besides how can I say that you are good when I haven't even seen your designs. 

 

Eunbi was now agreeing. Because Sakura was right. She cannot definitely be biased about this one, considering that Sakura hasn't seen her designs yet. 

 

Eunbi then fished her backpack, revealing a sketchpad. She extended her hands to offer Sakura a look. 

 

"What's that?" Sakura asked. 

 

"Take a look and judge my works yourself" Eunbi said. "I'm open to any critizations you will give," Eunbi continued as Sakura accepted it. 

 

Sakyra starts to flip through pages and falls agape, seeing the designs in every jewel that was made. Every detail was on point and the jewelries that was drawn was really amazing, thinking that it will be available to every age, from teens, to married women. It was amazing. She had never seen such designs. was still in agape as she reached the end of the page of Eunbi's sketchbook. 


 

"Wow, you're really talented. I guess I have to take back what I've said before. Now I know that your professors are looking down at you" Sakura said and closed Einbi's sketchbook. "You're talented and your designs are so good that I think they will sell out immediately. 

 

Eunbi scoffed and laughed. Sakura then frowned. 

 

"Why are you suddenly laughing?" Sakura asked 

 

"Because I never thought that just by meeting a a crybaby like you were making me forget about my professors" 

 

"Yah! I-ist that a good thing?" Sakura asked, frown still on her eyebrows.

 

"Of course it is. I kind of found a little bit of comfort talking to you" 

 

They both smiled at each other once Eunbi said that. 

 

"Just don't think that you will go slowly someday. Just like you said to me. So don't ever listen to your professors, because they aren't the one who will buy your jewelries. Right?" Sakura asked, this time, looking at each other's eyes is not as awkward as before. They are now somewhat comfortable with each other's gaze and they found comfort with each other's words. 



 

"I'm Kwon Eunbi, 4th year student from the fashion department," Eunbi said and extended her hands toward Sakura.


 

"Sakura, Miyawaki Sakura your future Cardiologist" Sakura said and accepted the other girl's hand to shake. Then they let go of each other's hands later. 


 

"That's confidence.Then you can be my doctor whenever I have a heartbreak?" Eunbi asked which caused Sakura to laugh, later on Einbi joined the laughter  

 

"It's not necessary to have a cardiologist whenever you have heartbreaks, but sure. You can call me someday when I become a doctor. I'm sure you can contact me immediately someday because I will be one of the most famous doctors out there" Sakura said and moved her eyebrows up and down.They smiled at each other's gazes.


 

"Really? I will sure to contact you then, good luck to you" Eunbi said

 

"Just trust me okay, I promise I'll be successful someday. But make sure to be successful also, I'll be keeping an eye on you and your designs" 


 

"Really?" Eunbi asked and lifted her eyebrows

 

"Really really" Sakura said and they both laughed. 

 

 

 

Selling – Damir Mujkic, Realtor

 

 

Thank you for those who anticipated this story, please continue on giving comments because it makes me want to update this regularly. Next chapter will be up in a few! please let me know what you think about the first chapter so far. And a quick question, do you think this will be a fluff story? because who knows, I might turn it into something else hahahaha. Thank you for reading, please leave some comment!