Flustered

Time Lapse

Dahyun entered her dark home and the feeling of having no one to welcome her back makes her feel even more sad. Sana's absence really gives a different ambiance at home.

 

Whenever they have big fights, Sana usually leaves home but comes back right after they feel that everything feels lighter. But this time, it seems like Sana wouldn't come home any time. Dahyun can understand Sana's side, and she's feeling very guilty of what just happened. 

 

Dahyun turned the light switch of the living room on before she takes her shoes off and throwing it carelessly on the side. She didn't even bother looking where here shoes flew off. Dahyun headed straight to the sofa and flopped her heavy body on the soft white couch with her phone on her hand. She was waiting for Sana's message, but she knows that she wouldn't be getting any tonight. She turned her phone on and started sending messages on different platforms as much as she can. That was how Dahyun spent her night until she fell asleep.

  

 

~

 

"Are you okay?" a familiar voice was heard from behind. Dahyun turned around and saw Mina with a very worried face. They are currently outside, walking together at the park. It seems like the sun is ready to set and the moon is ready to come out in a few minutes. Dahyun looked around and saw people sitting on the grass with their picnic blankets and a few snacks with them. She even saw people playing with their dogs and some couples sitting on the benches.

 

It was a very beautiful afternoon, the weather is so nice which makes you want to have a picnic by the grass as well.

 

"Stop leaving me behind" the voice was heard again. She looked beside her this time, since Mina was standing on her right; complaining that Dahyun has been waking ahead, leaving the taller girl behind instead of walking together. "What's wrong? Is there something on your mind?" she asked, Dahyun took a quick moment to think.

 

Nothing. She wasn't thinking about anything. All that she's thinking right now is that the park looks so peaceful and she wants to ride a bike together with Mina. She was also thinking about Mina's dog, Ray, and how fun it would be if he was here with them. Wait, Mina has a dog?

 

"Ray" Dahyun answered shortly, not even having second thoughts about it. 

 

"What about Ray-chan?" Mina asked before clinging on Dahyun's arm and the two girls proceeded on walking again, together this time.

 

"I just think that he'd love this place as much as I do" Dahyun explained while looking around again. Her eyes captured this dog and his owner playing fetch, her mind automatically imagined that Ray was the dog and the two of them are playing with him together. A smile was painted on her face with the thought.

 

Mina looked around as well and noticed that the park is indeed a perfect place to play with her favorite fur baby, Ray. "Yeah, I think so too" she added.

 

Suddenly, Mina stopped her tracks, holding Dahyun in place as well since their arms are still linked together. 

 

Dahyun looked at Mina and she saw Mina frowning. "Mina-chan, why?" she asked before reaching up to Mina to brush off the strands of hair that's blocking Mina's perfect face. Dahyun thought that Mina is probably missing Ray.

 

A small but sad smile appeared on Mina's face. She reached over to pinch Dahyun cheeks before speaking. "I hope everything gets better soon" she said before closing her eyes and leaning her face closer to Dahyun. Dahyun was confused with what Mina just said, but due to the sudden action, Dahyun automatically closed her eyes as well—ready to press her lips with Mina's.

 

A loud ring was heard, waking Dahyun up. She sat up in an instant and started searching for her phone so she could turn off the alarm that has been making a loud sound. After doing so, she stared at her phone before turning it on again to check for messages. She was silently hoping that Sana messaged her back, but she frowned in an instant when she saw nothing.

 

Dahyun stood up to prepare herself for work. She was forcing herself because there's a lot to do and tomorrow will be the team building. She didn't want to have stacked up tasks when they get back from the sudden schedule.

 

It didn't took her a while to prepare since she purposely moved in a quick manner, so she could get out of her home. Sana's absence felt really depressing for her.

 

The day didn't begin so well for Dahyun. She spaced out most of the time on her way home to work, she even unintentionally ignored her boss on the elevator because her mind was wandering off somewhere; which made her boss scold her a little. Thankfully, there weren't any other employees on the elevator that time, which saved her a lot from embarrassment. Their boss, Jihyo, seemed to have a bad morning as well.

 

Dahyun walked directly to her station and started on working. Her hands moved busily through the stacked papers on her desk—reading thoroughly and writing a few corrections on each pages. She even had a small paper cut because she was moving too fast, just wanting to get things over with. The small cut was covered by a cartoon-designed band aid that was just sitting around inside her drawer; she can't even remember how and when she got that. After a few paperworks, Dahyun then diverted her focus on her computer screen. There's a lot to do especially for the upcoming huge project, Dahyun thought that keeping herself busy throughout the day will keep her mind off of what happened last night.

 

"Hey wanna grab lunch outside later? Momo said she wants to eat somewhere else" Nayeon's voice was suddenly heard from her right. Dahyun didn't even bother to look beside her and even move an inch. She ignored Nayeon, but she was quietly sending a signal that she would love to eat somewhere else aside from the usual cafeteria. "Dubu-yah, you down for that?" Nayeon asked while giving Dahyun a gentle pat on her shoulder. Still, she continued on ignoring her. "I'll take that as a yes." Nayeon finally said before rolling her chair back to her place.

 

Nayeon and Momo knows that Dahyun's unusual silence is the aftermath of every huge fight that she had with Sana. This has happened a few times before. One time was when Dahyun accidentally forgot about their 13th month anniversary. Sana was very upset that day, but Dahyun didn't take it that well because she was too tired and stressed from work. With that, Dahyun just isolated herself and she was just quiet the entire time. The next day came, and Dahyun finally told Nayeon and Momo about what happened and why her mood was like that, and they kept in mind that Dahyun gets really quiet whenever something happens between her and her girlfriend. With that information, the two girls started to respect Dahyun and her silence. And Dahyun, on the other hand, is very thankful for that.

 

"Hey" a familiar presence was felt by Dahyun's desk. She looked up and saw Mina leaning on the divider of her work place, looking very concerned. After the quick contact, Dahyun looked back on her computer screen and continued what she was doing. "I'm going to get coffee, want some?" she asked in a sweet tone.

 

The sudden offer made Dahyun's fingers stop typing. She paused for a quick second before typing again. She had second thoughts on accepting the offer, but she badly needed to fill her empty stomach with something since she didn't have breakfast this morning. And with the secret growl from her empty stomach, she nodded in defeat without even taking her eyes off her screen.

 

"Okay" Mina answered shortly before walking away, not knowing that Dahyun secretly looked up to watch her walk away towards the snack room.

 

Dahyun's eyes suddenly met Nayeon's who gave her a faint smile. Dahyun showed a small smile before focusing on her computer screen again, patiently waiting for her cup of coffee.

 

It took a little while for Mina to come back with the coffee since she had to wait for the water to boil, and Dahyun understood that—only her stomach doesn't.

 

"Just wait a little more" she whispered while patting her tummy. 

 

And it seems like everything is put on the right timing; Mina finally arrived with a small tray on her hand. There were two cups of coffee and some bread wrapped in plastic. Dahyun looked up from the aromatic smell of the coffee and was greeted by Mina's sincere smile. "Here's your coffee, ma'am" Mina joked before taking Dahyun's cup and placed it on to her desk, followed by a packed bread that has a yellow stickie note on the front. Mina smiled once again before leaving to return the small tray back to the snacks room, not even letting Dahyun give her thanks.

 

Dahyun grabbed the packed bread that has a stickie note and was surprised when she didn't see a single word written on it, but there was a drawing of a circle with a smiley face on the middle—which made Dahyun smile a little. She looked up when she felt Mina's presence again when she was on her way back to her area. "Thanks" she said while lifting up the packed bread a little. Mina didn't answer, but she just showed her usual bright smile.

 

 

~~

 

Lunch came and the four girls did went outside to eat. Momo has been craving for her favorite food which is pig's feet, and was very overjoyed when the girls agreed to eat out for lunch.

 

"Calm down with the pig's feet, you might turn into a pig yourself" Nayeon joked. She loved teasing Momo a lot, especially whenever Momo gives out a cute response ever time Nayeon joked with her. She gets all pouty and her puppy eyes comes out. It was very cute and funny, Mina and Dahyun couldn't help but giggle along.

 

"So, are you girls excited for tomorrow?" Nayeon asked after taking a bite of a hot and chilli teokbokki. The girls were busy eating so they just nodded in response. 

 

"I looked the venue up on the internet, and it looks really good!" Mina said while taking her phone out to show the girls a screenshot of what she discovered last night. The place that Jihyo rented is more like a private beach. There are villas everywhere and a very beautiful beach with white sand. The three girls, except for Dahyun who just listened quietly, already talked about the different activities that they are looking forward for tomorrow. Such as the team building games, camp fire by the shore, and even splashing water to each other for fun. Dahyun thought that it's fun too, and she's slightly feeling excited as well thanks to the contagious energy that the girls are letting out.

 

Nayeon noticed that Dahyun has been stealing glances on the girl sitting beside her, especially whenever they laugh. And with that, Nayeon decided to a little. "Dahyun-ah, what if we're split into two for each rooms? Who do you want to be roommates with?" she asked. Dahyun's eyes widened a little from the sudden question for she knows that Naeyeon already knows her answer.

 

"Well, since you're going to choose Momo as your roommate..." Dahyun said before looking at Mina who was sitting right beside her and across Nayeon. "I guess I'll be roommates with Mina-chan" she answered, not knowing why she said Mina-chan instead of Mina. On the other hand, Mina felt flustered from what Dahyun called her.

 

Nayeon let out a small smirk. "Why are you even sure that I'm choosing Momo as my roommate?" she added. Momo punched her shoulder, making her let out a quick yelp. Momo's hands may be tiny and soft, but when it comes to punching Nayeon, it suddenly turns into the best fist to be used for punching.

 

"Yah! Are you saying that you're not sure about me?" Momo complained; the reaction that Nayeon is always waiting for. She hugged Momo from the side before patting the latter's head just like a puppy.

 

"I was just joking, of course I'll choose you" Nayeon said, but Momo was still pouting.

 

Mina smiled with the sight of the girls in front of her. She thought that they seem to be very close and fond of each other, it even made her feel a little envious of the kind of friendship that the have. "You two are so cute" she suddenly said, which made Nayeon look at her.

 

"You two look cute together too" Nayeon answered; looking at Mina first, then to Dahyun, then back to Mina. "It seems like you were together on your past lives" she added.

 

Dahyun, who was drinking from the bottle of cola using a straw, choked from what Nayeon said. It reminded her of her dreams and about the relationship that she has with Mina on those dreams. It even made her spit a little on her pants by the thigh area. She looked down and saw that her pants is a complete mess thanks to Nayeon.

 

With a heating red face, Dahyun suddenly stood up and excused herself to the bathroom. Once she was out of sight, Nayeon's smirk grew bigger. "You know, it's the first time that I saw Dahyun get flustered like that."