The Team Building: Part 1

Time Lapse

The day that the editing department have been waiting for has finally arrived. They are currently on their way to the private resort at Jeju that their boss has reserved for them. It has been hours since they left Seoul—they left by midnight, and the sun has already risen by now. They're riding a small private bus and were paired in to two partners. Of course, Momo and Nayeon were partners, while Dahyun is paired with Mina. They didn't have a choice though, since Jihyo said that Dahyun has to accommodate Mina throughout her whole stay the first time Mina arrived at the company. Dahyun was late that day and as Jihyo's "punishment", she assigned Dahyun as Mina's so-called "guide".

 

The two girls were seated at the right side of the bus, and Mina is asleep with her head placed on the glass window. Dahyun keeps on stealing glances on the sleeping girl beside her, worried that her head keeps on falling down due to the vehicle's motions. Whenever she sees Mina's head move forward a little, she pushes it back gently so Mina won't slam herself on the seat in front of them. Nayeon, who was sitting on the opposite side of the bus, noticed Dahyun's actions and felt a little touched by the girl's consideration.

 

 A few more hours later, and they finally arrived at their destination. The team got off the bus and they were greated by an amazing view. They were at the front of the resort's entrance and was welcomed by the staffs. Most of them shouted in excitement, and of course; the girls didn't waste any chances on taking pictures–especially Nayeon.

 

They were guided inside with their baggages taken care by some of the staff. The team already has their own rooms assigned, and they were all divided into four. Which only means that Nayeon, Momo, Dahyun and Mina were roommates. It was surprising, actually, that they were roommates. It was very unexpected, but they're very happy since they won't be awkward with each other.

 

 

Each team were told to go to their own rooms to organize their stuff and rest a little before they proceed on to their activities. 

 

The four girls arrived at their room which was a few walks away from the lobby. Just like what Mina saw on google—there were villas everywhere, and one villa has two rooms occupied by four people each. So inside this huge villa—Nayeon, Momo, Dahyun and Mina are sharing it with a different group. 

 

Once they opened the door of their room, their eyes automatically lit up with the beautiful sight—the room was designed as if they're in Hawaii. Most of the furnitures are wood, and there are a lot of beach-like decorations everywhere. They checked each room inside—one door leads to a closet. It wasn't a very big one, but it can fit all four of them at the same time with a few extra room. Another door leads to the bathroom, of course, it made Nayeon very excited. The square bathtub made her imagine late night talks with the rest of the girls while they're drinking champange. The only problem is: she's not sure if the girls are down for that, and they didn't have champagne. There are two king-sized beds in the middle of the room with a respectful space in between them. A huge flat screen TV on the wall, an air conditioning, and a fridge. Yup, a fridge. Not the small ones that you usually see on hotels, this is more like a fridge that you have at home.

 

Naeyeon ran towards the balcony that was blocked by a sliding glass door. She pushed one of the doors aside and got out of the big balcony. She raised her hands up with her eyes closed as the wind blow her hair and her dress. Momo followed behind and secretly took a picture of her friend with her disposable camera. After doing so, she joined Nayeon outside with her hands in the air as well.

 

"This is so nice!!" Momo screamed, startling Nayeon a little.

 

"I know, right?!" Nayeon screamed back. 

 

On the other hand, Dahyun and Mina were busy taking their stuff out of their bags. They are currently on the floor of the big closet with their luggage right in front of them. They started to put their own clothes and other stuff on the cabinets neatly before they fight over the space.

 

Mina pulled out the red top of her two-piece bathing suit, and Dahyun noticed that Mina has been staring at the bathing suit for quite a while now. Mina felt that there are eyes watching her, so she suddenly looked beside her—catching Dahyun who quickly turned her blushing face around. Seeing how flustered Dahyun was, Mina let out a soft chuckle. "Why were you staring at me, huh?" she asked jokingly before folding the top and putting it inside of one of the drawers.

 

Dahyun faked a cough while she was going through her own stuff. "I just noticed that you're been staring at it" she explained, earning a humm from the latter.

 

"I was wondering if I should wear it when we go out for a swim or not" Mina responded as she continue on folding some of the clothes that she bought, including her favorite sweatpants and sweater.

 

Dahyun stood up and started to put her own clothes on the drawers as well. "Why not?" she asked.

 

There was a quick silence, and it made Dahyun look at Mina who was just thinking of what to answer. Mina shrugged when their eyes met. "I just don't feel like wearing it, I guess" she finally answered. "Did you bring one as well?" Mina suddenly asked, making Dahyun blush again

 

 

Of course, Dahyun brought one too. It was a blue and white striped one piece bathing suit with a huge back opening. She usually pairs this one with a denim short, and she wears a laced top over it most of the time.

 

"You're blushing, I guess you have one too" Mina suddenly spoke when she noticed that Dahyun went silent after her question.

 

"Yeah, I don't know if I can wear it out though" she said before finally cleaning up the rest of her stuff such as her skin care products.

 

"Why not?" Mina asked while zipping up her empty luggage, both of them finished unpacking at the same time.

 

"I'm embarrassed" Dahyun answered before zipping her empty luggage bag as well.

 

The two stood up at the same time and pushed their own luggage bags to the side together. "If I wear mine, will you wear yours too?" Mina asked. They were so close to each other because they pushed their bags on the small space at the corner of the room by the door, so it will be out of sight.

 

Dahyun is looking up at Mina with their face just a few inches away from each other. She examined the face quickly, and her brain automatically recognized the familiar spots of her moles. One by the nose, two by the lips—one above and one below, and another one by the chin. Mina is indeed the one who was appearing on her dreams.

 

And it might sound weird, but Dahyun is feeling something so familiar. It's like she's feeling her love towards Mina the same way that she's feeling towards her in her dreams.

 

"I-I guess so" Dahyun said. The room suddenly felt cold, but Dahyun was sweating nervously due to their very close contact. 

 

"Come on, Nayeon and Momo will wear theirs for sure" Mina said, trying to encourage Dahyun while she leans her face closer, Dahyun has her eyes wide open with her head almost touching the white walls.

 

And in the middle of that heated tension, the closet door suddenly bursted opened by Nayeon and Momo who was laughing together, but they stopped when they saw the closeness of the two girls. Mina and Dahyun stood up quickly and a smirk was automatically painted on Nayeon's face

 

"Sorry for interrupting" Naeyeon said before pushing Momo back and closing the door behind them.

 

Mina bit her lip, feeling unsure of what to do, and it wasn't helping Dahyun at all. It only made her heart pound harder than before.

 

"It's not what it looks like!" Dahyun screamed as she ran out of the room to chase after the two girls so she could explain what was actually happening.