It's Really Her

Time Lapse

"I can't believe this" Dahyun said when she and Mina got back to the private karaoke room from the convenience store. 

 

"They're already this drunk?" Mina added.

 

In front of them is the sight of their good friends, Nayeon and Momo, dancing in the middle of the room while their other tipsy co-workers hype them up. Considering the quick amount of time that Mina and Dahyun spent outside of this private room, it was really a surprise when they saw the two drunk girls.

 

Nayeon moved to Dahyun's direction with the wireless mic close to her face. She was singing a rather seductive song and was touching the smaller girl's chin with the tip of her index finger. There were loud cheers from behind, coming from their co-workers. And a smug smirk was plastered on drunk Nayeon's face. This is how Nayeon usually behaves when she gets drunk, but it was Dahyun's first time on being a victim.

 

Mina noticed how uncomfortable Dahyun looks, and she quickly hugged Nayeon to save her.

 

"Oh, Mina! The new girl!" Nayeon shouted over the mic, the other's cheered all together. "Welcome, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay~" she added before she started flirting with Mina this time. Mina let out a concerned smile and held Nayeon by her wrist, the others were a little surprised by the sudden action.

 

"You're very drunk. Let's take you home, okay?" she said in a very caring way possible. She looked over at Dahyun and saw how surprised her face was; she was literally shocked with how Mina handled the drunk girl. "Take Momo, then let's meet outside. Okay?" She ordered. Unable to do anything, Dahyun nodded and proceeded to get Momo by hugging her out of the noisy crowd while Mina exits the room with Nayeon.

 

It took Dahyun a while to get Momo because she was whining a lot since she doesn't want to go home yet. But with Chaeyoung's help, one of Dahyun's closest friend in the department, she was able to pull Momo up and out of the room.

 

Dahyun looked around to find Mina and Nayeon when they finally got out of the karaoke bar. She got a little anxious when the two girls were nowhere to be found. But a few moments later, a loud beep was heard from the side of the road.

 

The white car's front seat window was lowered down and it revealed the beautiful driver, non other than Mina herself. With a beautiful smile, she used her right hand to support her upper body as she takes a peek outside to call over the two girls. "Let's go" she said.

 

Dahyun opened the back seat and saw that Nayeon was already sleeping with opened and face glued to the left window. She chuckled at the view before helping Momo enter the white car. After doing so, she automatically went over to the front seat and got in as well.

 

"Wow" she said while looking around the car that looks slightly luxurious. It almost seemed like the car was brand new. "I didn't know that you have a car" she added.

 

Mina used her right hand to adjust the rear view mirror before grasping the steering wheel, but not moving yet. "I don't really take this to work. But since we have a party, I figured that it is best to bring this since we're going to get home late" she explained with a smile, and Dahyun couldn't help but smile back. Mina's expectation was wrong. She really thought that they'll go home late, but they had to leave early thanks to the drunkards at the back.

 

A sudden silence filled the car, and the two drunk girls that are sleeping at the back are already snoring. "So," Mina said with her hand on the gear stick. "Do you know where they live?" she asked.

 

"Yup, they live on the same condo but in different units. And it's also not that far from here" Dahyun said while putting on her seatbelt.

 

Mina shifted the gear stick to drive mode and clasped her hands on the steering wheel while she looks around for incoming vehicles. "Lead the way" she said in a joking way, earning a soft chuckle from the person sitting on shotgun.

 

~

 

Sending the two girls took almost an hour even if the drive to their place only took less than twenty minutes. It was a struggle for them to walk inside the condo and up to their respective units. Dahyun was the one who had the hardest time since she was the smallest on the group. Mina offered that she'd take care of Nayeon, while Dahyun takes care of Momo. They walked with the drunk girls' arms over their shoulders and guided them to their own units. Thankfully, their units were just located on the same floor, so they didn't have to go on separate ways.

 

Mina is now driving Dahyun to their house, and all that Dahyun could feel is nervousness. Again. She couldn't stop thinking about the dreams that she keeps on getting. She wanted to ask Mina some stuff, but she figured that Mina might find it weird for her to ask such things. Instead, they talked about random things about work such as how Dahyun spaced out during meetings, how Mina almost spilled hot coffee on important documents, and how Nayeon bothers Dahyun everyday. 

 

Dahyun might not want to admit it, but it was a fun ride on the way home. Hearing Mina's laugh makes Dahyun feel a little at ease and her worries about her dreams go away temporarily.

 

And now, they finally arrived at the front of Dahyun's home. It was dark, Sana must be sleeping already.

 

A sound of loud clicks were heard on each car doors, indicating that the doors are unlocked and Dahyun can get off anytime. But she didn't. She sat there for a few seconds, trying to figure out what to say to Mina. Or trying to figure out if she needs to say anything at all. 

 

"Thanks" Dahyun suddenly blurted out while staring outside.

 

"No problem" Mina answered shortly as well.

 

Silence filled the car again. Dahyun took a deep breath, and she did what she something that she really wanted to do. She suddenly turned left and faced Mina, who is currently looking at her in confusion. "Uh, Mina?" she said rather weakly. All the courage that she tried to gather suddenly faded.

 

Mina smiled beautifully for the nth time. "Yeah?" she said in her usual sweet tone, her smile not leaving her face.

 

An image suddenly flashed in Dahyun's mind. It's like a scene from a movie—where a person gets flashbacks or when they were suddenly reminded of something. On this case, the image—or view, rather—that suddenly flashed on Dahyun's mind was the same from her dream this morning. The one where she was at the rooftop with some girl whom she gave cookies to. For the past month, Dahyun has only been seeing the lower half of the girls face—the lips, the chin, and the moles on spots that Dahyun has already memorized. But this time, the image finally shown the full face of the girl that keeps on appearing on her dreams. It was Mina indeed. Dahyun saw how her eyes sparkled and how her lips formed into a smile when she handed over the cookies; just like how Mina reacted earlier at the convince store.

 

"Dahyun?" the Mina called over Dahyun, but the voice was getting distorted again.

 

"Dahyun? Are you okay?" the voice became clear now, and Dahyun was brought back to reality. "What is it?" Mina asked again, feeling concerned this time due to Dahyun's sudden silence.

 

With a faint smile, Dahyun answered "Take care on your way home" she said before opening the car door and letting herself out.

 

"I will" Mina answered after Dahyun got out of the car. The two girls smiled to each other before Dahyun finally closed the door. She stood outside of their house for a while and watched as Mina drove away until she is finally out of sight.

 

Dahyun put both of her hands on each pocket of her pants. She kicked a small pebble that was laying on the ground before finally entering their home.

 

~~~

 

Dahyun was standing in the middle of the road with no vehicles around, and her whole body was swaying side to side. She looked down to see the reason why she was moving in such unstable motions, and she finds herself standing on a skateboard.

 

A skateboard? Since when did Dahyun learn to use one of these?

 

She looked around and tried to scan the surroundings. She noticed that there were other girls on skateboards as well. And that is when she finally remembered that they're on a field trip and was given a quick free time to try skateboards.

 

Dahyun was looking for a familiar figure, and a smile was automatically brought up to her face when she saw this tall girl who was standing on a moving skateboard, with her left hand inside her pocket and her right hand holding her phone. 

 

"Mina!" she suddenly called over. 

 

Mina looked up from her phone and smiled automatically when their eyes met. Dahyun watched as she puts her phone inside her pocket and how she kicked the skateboard towards her direction on a moderate speed.

 

Dahyun reached her left hand up to welcome Mina. Dahyun was saying something as Mina got closer, but it's very weird because Dahyun couldn't understand what she was saying.

 

Mina reached her right hand and grabbed Dahyun's. She lets out a cute little "yah" when they got close

 

 

 

 

then Dahyun woke up again. 

 

And when she got up, the first thing that she thought was:

"Oh, it's really her"