Of tragedies and heartache

Who Knew?

Minzy? 2NE1's Minzy?

Was Seunghyun serious?

Jiyong didn't want to show his tears as they carved their paths down his cheeks. He turned to face the window.

"Take me home," Jiyong croaked.

"What?"

"I said  take me home."

"Ji? Did I say something to upset you?"

"GODDAMNIT SEUNGHYUN JUST TAKE ME HOME ALRIGHT?"

The ride home was silent. Jiyong tried to keep quiet, but the occasional sniff was audible to both men. Seunghyun didn't dare ask. He kept his eyes on the road, his grip on the steering wheel tightening. 

When they reached their dorm, Jiyong slammed the door shut behind him, and stormed off to his room. Seunghyun followed closely behind, but stopped dead in his tracks when the other three diverted their attention from the TV to their hyungs. 

"Seunghyun hyung, what's wrong with Jiyong hyung?" Daesung asked. 

"Yeah! What did you do this time?" Taeyang chimed in, his head resting on Daesung's lap. 

"Hyung, did it work?" Seungi grinned.

"I- I don't know, Maknae. I don't know. Look can we talk tomorrow? It's late and I'm tired." Seunghyun knew he couldn't sleep in his and Jiyong's room, so he pulled out a mattress and lay it outside his room door. Even through the door he heard Jiyong's sniffles and sobs. He felt his heart break.

What did all this mean?

He decided to forget about it for now, theres always the morning to sort it out, he thought. Soon enough, all five boys were sound asleep.

--

Jiyong woke up at some godforsaken hour in the middle of the night, cheeks puffy, face all sore with bags under his eyes. He got out of bed, heading to the toilet. He tripped over something on his way there, falling flat on his face.

"OUCH!" he rubbed his temple, wincing. 

"Hmmph" a voice groaned. 

Jiyong screamed. He shot up and turned his room lights on in an attempt to be able to identify the stranger in the hallway. 

"S-Seunghyun?" He whimpered.

"Ji..? Mmm whats uuhh going on?" Seunghyun was still half asleep. 

Jiyong sighed, remembering the events of the previous night. 

"Nothing, go back to bed."

On the way back to bed, Jiyong found Seunghyun wide awake, propped up by their room door, waiting.

"Ji, wait."

"Wait for what? Its 3a.m, Seunghyun. Whatever it is can wait until the morning, when we're actually awake and functioning."

Jiyong was just about to shut the door when the rapper spoke up.

"I didn't mean what I said in the car, Ji. About Minzy."

Jiyong froze. What was that supposed to mean? His heart began to pound for the umpteenth time today and he turned around, his voice coming out a mere whisper.

"W-what do you mean?"

Seunghyun stood up and approached Jiyong. 

"I didn't mean it. I don't want to get with Minzy."

"Then why the hell did you have to go and say something like that Seunghyun? Are you trying to mess with my head?"

"N-no, honest I -"

"You what? Hmm? You thought it would be fun to screw me over like that?" Jiyong felt tears threatning to make their way down his face again. He swallowed hard, determined not to cry in front of Seunghyun. 

"Wait, what? Screw you over? Ji, I don't see why you're getting so offended."

"I-I'm not. I'm not, alright? You can do whatever the hell you want Seunghyun, it's nothing to do with me anymore. Goodnight."

Jiyong shut the door, a little too hard considering it was 3 a.m. Seunghyun slid down the door, sitting with his back to it, and stared at the floor. Needless to say, he didn't sleep a wink that night.