[ ♡ ] 004.

Egos & Preconceptions.

Dinner with Sehun’s click was something that Jisoo and Miyoung had really been expected to do, but Joohyun knew how to convince her siblings into doing something she thought was right. And in her defense, she just wanted Miyoung to get to know Baekhyun better – in her words, but the brunette thought differs. Nothing about this man would convince her otherwise that he was arrogant and, nevertheless, rude. Throughout the whole dinner, she could feel Baekhyun’s eyes on her, watching her every move like a hawk. Even Jisoo noticed how uncomfortable her sister felt throughout, and she wanted to excuse them to go home when Sehun suggested they stay and join them in the living room. And they did for a few minutes. They listened on to Sehun’s sister ramble at how fast Baekhyun’s finger moved quickly in typing emails. Personal emails, business emails, etc. Baekhyun merely stated that he typed rather slowly compared to others.

 

Even then, Sehun’s sister went on to tell Baekhyun to greet his sister for her because she missed her dearly. “I’ve already told her per your request before, Seyeon.” “Yes, but I love doting on her, she’s a delight.” Sooyoung once explained that Baekhyun’s sister was well-accomplished for her age. She was capable of playing many instruments (piano, violin, clarinet), paint beautiful portrays. At her age, she was already attending college. Maybe the same college as Jisoo and Seulgi – or, if Miyoung had to guess, a private school with all the amounts of money Baekhyun’s family was built on.

 

“I think it’s truly amazing how young ladies have the patience to be so accomplished,” Sehun said while his sister rolled her eyes – staring at him. “What do you mean, Sehun?”

 

“You all put yourself through school after spending most of your life going to school, play instruments and paint portrays. I’ve never heard of a young lady, but people say she is very accomplished,” Sehun mentioned while eyeing Miyoung. She gave him a meek smile as she listened. Sehun might be engaged to Baekhyun’s sister, but she was told that Sehun has never met his sister – despite being best friends with the man. “The word’s been applied to liberally.” Baekhyun uttered, not taking his eyes off his laptop screen while Jisoo turned to her sister with eyes begging to leave. “I can’t boast knowing more than half a dozen women from all of the people I’ve met to be truly accomplished.” Miyoung eyed the arrogant male as she rolled her eyes. It felt as though he was attacking her – perhaps because he didn’t have the exact talents as his sister. “My goodness. You must really comprehend a great deal in the idea.” She said just as Baekhyun turn to glance at her. “I do,” he retorted.

 

“For Baekhyun, absolutely.” Seyeon said. It was this moment that she no longer wanted to be associated with the rich. They have so much of high expectations for their kind and looked down at those who couldn’t afford the luxury of getting to live the way they do. Jisoo tugged at her sister’s arm and Miyoung turned to look at her young sister. She knew that the expression that Jisoo was portraying that she wanted to leave. “I have to study,” Jisoo whispered and Miyoung cleared . “Actually,” Miyoung called out, smiling to Sehun, “as much as we’d loved joining you and all… Jisoo and I really must get home.” The second youngest nodded her head, a meek smile on her lips. “We appreciate the dinner and your hospitality, but I have a very important exam in the morning and Mi-unnie has to go to work.”

 

The brunette nodded her head innocently while smiling to the rich man. “I don’t think Junmyeon would appreciate it if I was late for my shift in the morning,” Miyoung added. Sehun laughed, shaking his head and his hand. “Please, we’re friends now, Miyoung. If Junmyeon has a probably, I’ll take care of it for you.”

 

“That’s nice of you, but it’s fine.” She said as she stood up from her chair. “Junmyeon is kindhearted, but I don’t want to lose the one job that I actually enjoy.” Sehun then nodded as he stood up just as the sisters stood. “Sure, of course! If you ever need anything, though, please don’t hesitate to let me know.” He uttered while Miyoung smiled – nodding her head. “You’re kind,” she said as they excused themselves to bid their ill sister goodnight.

 


 

“Miyoung!” The sound of the familiarly deep voice captured her attention as she turned around with her coffee in hand. “Jaehyun,” she retorted while giving him a smile. The male came running towards her with his signature smile – dimples beaming as bright as the sunlight. “I thought you weren’t working today,” she stated rather than questioned and the male chuckled. “Yeah, well, couldn’t miss out on the opportunity to work with my favorite coworker, could I?” He playfully joked as they walked into the hospital building together.

 

“I’m kidding,” Jaehyun added, pressing the elevator to go up. “Junmyeon called me to cover for Sooyoung. She has some sort of family emergency all week.” Miyoung hummed, nodding her head as they stepped into the elevator. “I assume we’re going to working the whole week together?” Jaehyun grinned widely – the elevator taking them up to their destinated floor: the maternity floor.

 

See, even with Miyoung’s career as a registered nurse, it still wasn’t enough to cover all the debt. But it pays to be able to see the looks on the parents’ faces when they bring a bundle of joy to the world – or when they’re born prematurely that she’d be able to tend to the little bundles until they came to term. Her pay was enough to pay rent and her car insurance – though, no one would’ve thought that working in the medical field would pay anyone so lightly. “How was the charity ball?” Jaehyun asked, watching as the elevator numbers increased. Miyoung snorted a laugh, rolling her eyes. “I didn’t want to go, but my very old-fashioned mother pushed Joo and I to go.” “And why’s that?” He questioned; brows now furrowed in curiosity. “For the poor to marry the rich.”

 

Jaehyun cringed his nose as the elevator dinged – indicating their floor. Miyoung laughed, shaking her head as they went to clock in. “Ah, just the person I was looking for!” Junmyeon – or rather, Dr Kim – called out, pointing his pen towards the brunette. Miyoung and Jaehyun turned to the sound of his voice when Miyoung captured the figure of someone she wasn’t expected to see. “Morning,” Junmyeon greeted walking up to the two. “Morning,” Jaehyun replied while Miyoung gave them a thin smile. “Miyoung, you remember Baekhyun, right?” The figure behind Junmyeon lifted his head up, eyes widened to see the brunette in front of him just as surprised to see a man who built an empire through architecture and deals upon deals. “

 

Who wouldn’t remember him?” She rhetorically, and sarcastically, asked. Junmyeon eyed his friend, blinking in question but she rose her hand. “I haven’t had my dose of coffee yet.” And her boss, and friend, nodded. “Well,” Junmyeon uttered, “Baekhyun is one of our largest investors of our hospital, so I was hoping you’d be willing to let him follow you around – let him see how things are run by our head registered nurse.”

 

“Will I get a raise for doing so?” The brunette questioned curiously, tilting her head innocently that Junmyeon squinted his eyes. “I’ll think about it. Now get to work, and don’t forget Mr Byun.” He said and Jaehyun snorted a laugh.

 

“I guess I’ll see you later,” Jaehyun said as he offered to hold her bag and take it to their lockers. “Want to grab lunch together?” the dimpled-cheek male questioned. The brunette reached into her bag, grabbing all her necessary equipment for her shift. “I’ll see you at lunch,” she replied with a smile while throwing her stethoscope around her neck. “Okay, okay, lovebirds, get moving.” Junmyeon ushered while Miyoung rolled her eyes to her friend. Baekhyun watched the brunette curiously. He learned so much about the Bae sisters from the charity ball, the café, the bookstore to Sehun’s home. The one thing he thought about Bae Miyoung was that she and her sister desperately wanted a rich, title man to get them out of the depths of their despair. Though, he was rather surprised that she has a career. So, what’s it that he was hearing from her and her sister?

 

Jaehyun let out a quick laugh before turning away to start his shift while Miyoung turned to Baekhyun. “Well, Mr Byun,” she called out, barely making eye contact with him. “are you ready for the field trip?”

 


now, i know mr collens plays an important role in p & p, so consider jaehyun as mr collens! 
except!! miyoung might like jaehyun

don't be a ghost reader, feedbacks are appreciated :)