Chapter 5

I wish I was.
Please log in to read the full chapter

I would be lying if I said I was not rubbed the wrong way by the sight. I feel lied to you. They both denied the accusations I made but what I am seeing in front of me says the opposite.

 

I slowly walked over there slightly behind seulgi. I was not sure what to say. I could see the look on Wendys face. It showed so much sadness and I felt like I caused it.

 

“Hi, funny seeing you three here” Joy said trying to break the ice.

 

“Yeah Unnie finally offered to buy us food, so we had to take her up on the offer.” Yeri said while looking at the menu.

 

I glanced at Wendy and could see she was no longer looking at me. I shifted my eyes to their hands and saw that Wendy had a firm grip on Joy.

Liars

 

“Well sit down and join us.” Joy offered while standing up and moving to sit besides Wendy. I was quick to move once I saw her standing.

 

“No need, you sit and we can just gather around.” I said with a smile as I rushed to sit next to Wendy. Yeri was on the other side of her and Seulgi sat next to Joy.

 

“Dang Unnie, you haven’t let go of Wendys hand since we saw you.” Yeri mentioned it as a joke.

 

“ Well, I will let you in on a little secret. I am taking her out on a date. We just happened to run into you.” She giggled while winking at Wendy who blushed.

 

I wanted nothing more than to scream at them for this. Clearly rubbing it in my face that they lied.

 

“Aw how cute!” Yeri said while poking Wendys check.

 

“No. no it's not true. Don’t let Joy twist it into something. She is helping me out through a difficult time right now and I appreciate the attention.” She said with a huge smile. Probably the realest smile I have seen in days.

 

Yet I was angry. I was furious.

 

“How come you never hold my hand?” I blurted out without thinking.

 

I really did mean to say it in my head.

 

“I can hold your hand Unnie!” Seulgi declared with a fist in the air.

 

“Not all hands are meant to be held” The youngest chided.

 

I could have slapped her silly right now, but she had no clue what was going on. I had no clue what was going on.

 

Wendy was supposed to be MY friend. I am the one she should be coming to with this stuff. And instead she is going to Joy.

 

I told joy to help

 

Well I lied because I don’t like it.

 

I kept glancing at Wendy and she did not give me the time of day. She just kept her eyes locked on Joy. It angered me. So naturally I did what I had to do.

 

“Seungwan, is there anything else you would like to eat?” I questioned while grabbing her leg and turning towards her beaming a huge smile.

 

She turned to me quickly and I could see the shock in her eyes.

 

“No thank you, Joy is taking me out on the date. She is paying for mine.” She said softly as she pulled her leg away from me.

 

“Rejected!” Seulgi said with a laugh.

 

“Yeah, you got shot down.” Yeri said as she shoved full of food.

 

“Like I said it's a date” Joy said with a quick wink.

 

Fine, I didn’t want to spend my money on her anyway.

 

“Fine, you two make sure you get what you want. I am going to head to the restroom” I said while getting up.

 

“I will come with.” Joy said cryptically.

 

I could only nod my head. I had no words right now. I don’t know what to believe. I know what I want to believe because I saw it. I heard it.

 

Once we were in the restroom I checked to make sure the stalls were empty before turning around to Joy.

 

“You lied to me”. I said matter of factly.

 

“No, I did not.” She said with a glare.

 

“You and Wendy are a thing. You were holding hands.” I said with my arms crossed.

 

“Yeah and why is that a problem? I hold hands with all the members.” She said in defense.

 

It doesnt matter

 

“Yes but I find it funny how she confessed to you this morning, then you both denied and now all of a sudden you are on a date?” I questioned.

 

“You are the one who told me to help. I will not apologize for the fact that I am being there for her when she really needs it most. It's bad enough she just started to walk again and then she has to deal with your ” She said jabbing a finger into my chest.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter