2: Dul (둘)

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"You may now kiss the bride"

 

Loud clapping and cheering filling the hall. All eyes were on the bride and groom when the kiss was exchanged between them. Taeyeon was clapping as he felt overwhelmed watching his two best friends now as a married couple.

 

The guests were laughing when Yuri suddenly carried his wife in bridal style. Jessica let out a dolphin screamed, squealing in laughter. Taeyeon smiled alone. How proud he is, seeing his two best friends walking on the wedding chapel with a wide smile on their face.

 

His eyes then landed on the certain girl across the chapel. She was too focused on the new married couple to notice she's being watched by the guy. She was wearing a light pink dress; her hair was down until her shoulder level. Her eyes formed into the crescent moon shape and surprisingly, Taeyeon still remembers clearly the same smiles from thirteen years ago. It never faded in his memory.

 

Tiffany is still beautiful...

 

She still remembers him even though it had been thirteen years thinking they weren't that close to each other. He was grateful that their meeting in the room just now was not awkward as the girl was the one to greet him first. He found out that Tiffany had returned to Korea two years ago and worked as a fashion magazine editor at one of the famous companies in Seoul.

 

How perfect the ceremony went that day. It hasn't finished yet but Taeyeon decided to excuse himself from the place as he needs fresh air. Staying too long inside the hall and crowded with guests were not really his favorite. Taeyeon made his way out of the hall. As soon as he stepped out from the hotel entrance, Taeyeon exhaled and inhaled oxygen.

 

There was a park with a lake view across the hotel that caught his attention and Taeyeon decided to go there. He sat on the edge pond of the water fountain in the middle of the park. He hummed a nice melody while admiring the scenery. The weather was nice, the birds chirping like a music and water fountain sound envelope the place. It's been a while since he feels this nice.

 

"What do you mean by that?" The angry voice behind him made Taeyeon turn around in wonder to find the voice owner.

 

"No, listen. You cheated on me with another woman and now what? You said I didn't know anything? It's over between us, remember? I won't accept you again no matter what your reason is" The voice getting angrier. Taeyeon stood up when he saw a figure behind the water fountain. The fountain was not too big for him to eavesdrop on the conversation but he could not see clearly who the person behind the fountain was but the more he listened to the voice, Taeyeon recognized the voice.

 

Tiffany

 

The girl didn't notice his presence

 

"Are you kidding me? Oh my god, you're being so ridiculous! Just your new girlfriend, you ! Do not call me anymore! I'm going to block your number forever!!!" The girl yelled over the phone and it startled Taeyeon.

 

The conversation next went dead and Taeyeon saw her figure sitting on the edge pond too.

 

Everything went silence...

 

*Hic!*

 

Taeyeon hiccupped loudly, even startling himself. He quickly covered his mouth with his hand.

 

"Who's there?" Tiffany stood up.

 

*Hic!*

 

This time he covered his mouth with both hands, cursing himself.

 

He didn't manage to run away when suddenly Tiffany walked around the fountain and saw the guy. Their eyes meet each other. Tiffany was clearly surprised when she found Taeyeon who was behind the fountain.

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

Taeyeon slowly put down his hands "E-er.. hi.. Tiffany *Hic!*" He said awkwardly. "U-hm... I..*Hic!* Hold on" He told her and Taeyeon slapped his own cheek, surprising the girl.

 

"Ouch...” Taeyeon rub his hurt cheek, slightly regretting it. “U-uhm...I-I’m just strolling around here. Being inside the hall is really suffocating. I don't know you would be here too" Taeyeon explained even though he knew he didn't need to. Thank god his hiccup has stopped.

 

And they both fell into silence.

 

Tiffany breaks the silence "You must have heard it, right?" She speaks slowly in a sad tone.

 

"About the break-" Taeyeon quickly covered his mouth again, silently cursing to himself for being careless.

 

Tiffany smiled sadly "You heard it... God, that's so embarrassing"

 

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop..." He apologized.

 

Tiffany looked away, sat on the edge of the pond looking lifeless and Taeyeon noticed the small tears.

 

Taeyeon felt bad for the girl "Tiffany, are you ok-"

 

He didn't manage to finish his words when Tiffany suddenly said "I'm so sorry, Taeyeon but would you leave me alone? I think I wanna be alone right now" She didn't bother to look at him

 

"O-oh right. I'm sorry... I-I will leave now" He scratched his not itchy neck, not knowing what to do. His mind telling him to comfort the girl but what he can do, Tiffany wanna be alone. He should respect it.

 

Taeyeon was about to leave but then his steps halted. He turned around to the girl

 

"U-uhm... Here..." Taeyeon placed a dark blue handkerchief on Tiffany's lap. "You may need it. Take your time, Tiffany" Taeyeon said before he left.

 

 

...

 

 

"I can't find Tiffany," Jessica said as she sat on one of the chairs in the banquet. The ceremony almost over and half of the guests already went home.

 

"Have you tried calling her?" Yuri asked his wife.

 

Jessica nodded "But she did not answer"

 

"Hey" Taeyeon walked over to the married couple with a cup of water in his hand. "What's wrong?" He noticed the worried face on Jessica.

 

"Taeng, have you seen Tiffany? I could not reach her"

 

Taeyeon frowned, not answering his friend. He remembers their meet at the fountain just now. His eyes then roaming around the hall. There's no sight of her.

 

"I think I wanna be alone right now" Her words flashed in his mind. His heart started beating faster.

 

No way...

 

"Dude?" Yuri shook his shoulder, waking him up from his thoughts.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Have you seen Tiffany?" Yuri repeated

 

"O-oh I'm not. Uh-uhm here, hold this" Taeyeon gave his cup to Yuri. "You guys stay here. Let me find her" He told them before Taeyeon rushed out from the hall and made his way to the hotel entrance leaving the confused married couple.

 

Taeyeon cursed silently as he looked up at the sky. It's starting to rain. Taeyeon went back inside and grabbed any umbrella in the lobby. Not wanting to waste time, he began to run to the park.

 

She's not here

 

He reached the fountain while holding the black umbrella. The rain started pouring harder, wetting the whole city. His eyes were roaming again around the place.

 

 

...

 

 

Tiffany pouted when she looked at the raining sky. She sighed tiredly.

 

Is weather trying to mock me now? Thought herself.

 

After her little breakdown just now, she quickly took shelter under a gazebo right in front of the lake when realizing a small drop fell on her nose. She looked up and saw the sky getting dark. The rain began pouring harder as soon as the girl sat on the gazebo. She was stuck at the gazebo and not able to return to the hotel.

 

Tiffany looked at her dead phone. She was being careless for forgetting to charge her phone last night. Tiffany brings her legs to her chest level and rests her chin on her knees. It was supposed to be a happy day for her because it was her best friend's wedding but she couldn't help and sighed again for the nth time that day and stared emptily at the rain, wishing it would stop soon.

 

Suddenly, she heard footsteps running and her eyes caught a person who was running under the black umbrella to her shelter place.

 

That person must want to take shelter too.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter