3: Set (셋)

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany opened the door revealing her in her pajama. She take her newspaper and milk outside the door when she saw her new neighbor beside her apartment was busy moving in stuff and things into the unit. She took a peek and saw the back of a guy who was talking to one of the workers at the hallway. She took a guess that must be her new neighbor. Being friendly, Tiffany approached her new neighbor to say hi and she gasped when the guy turned around.

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

"Tiffany?"

 

"Wait, are you my new neighbor? I live here too!" Tiffany pointed at her apartment unit.

 

"Ah, you’re in unit 801?"

 

"Yes I am! Heol, is this a real coincidence?"

 

"It must be. But I'm just going to stay for a couple of months only,"

 

"Why?" Tiffany lifted her brows

 

"My house is still under renovation. So I had to find a new place temporarily" He told her

 

"Ah, is that so" Tiffany nodded and understood.

 

*Woof! *Woof!*

 

Suddenly a small grey poodle was running around Taeyeon's leg and Tiffany squealing.

 

"Oh my god! Who is this cutie?!" Tiffany squats down, clapping her hands to get the dog's attention.

 

*Woof! *Woof! it barked to Tiffany.

 

"Zero, don't be like that" Taeyeon scolded his pet and lifted the small dog in his hand. "Gwenchana, she's my friend" Taeyeon patted his head to calm him down.

 

"His name is Zero?"

 

"Yeah, he's my buddy and my partner in crime, right, Zero-yah?" Taeyeon grinned

 

"He's so cute! Can I hold him?"

 

Taeyeon nodded "Be careful, he might bark again"

 

"It's okay. I know how to handle. I used to have a dog before" Tiffany carefully took the puppy and Zero didn't bark anymore. In curiosity, he stares the girl's face cutely, wiggling his short tail.

 

"Let's be a good friend, Zero-yah" Tiffany smiles wider before she shifts her attention to Taeyeon "Anyway, nice to meet you, neighbor" Tiffany grinned, held out her hand for a handshake and Taeyeon gladly accepted it.

 

"Nice to meet you too, neighbor"

 

 

...

 

 

In five months living as neighbors, Taeyeon and Tiffany became close every day. They often hang out together or sometimes with the Yulsic. They visit each other's apartments often on the weekend night for movies as both of them are movie maniacs or having dinner together and it has been their routine. They would bring over the chicken and beer or pizza or any food to eat while watching the movie.

 

When in free time, they also went jogging together in the early morning at the park near their apartment, or when Taeyeon had to bring Zero for a walk at night, Tiffany would accompany him as she really grew fond of his dog. She even helps to feed Zero at his apartment when Taeyeon has to outstation.

 

There's one night where they were watching a movie in Taeyeon's apartment. Tiffany suddenly heard soft snoring. She turned and saw the guy already fell asleep on the couch beside her. She took the remote and turned off the Television.

 

Tiffany shook the guy softly "Tae, sleep in your room. Don't sleep here. You're going to hurt your back" She whispered softly.

 

The guy stirred in his sleep "Hmm?"

 

But then he went back to sleep.

 

"Taeyeon, wake up!" Tiffany wake the guy again

 

Taeyeon back to consciousness. "Yes, sir!"

 

Tiffany laughed harder and made him turn to her "Huh? What? What did I miss?" He said in a dazed tone.

 

"I said sleep in your room" Tiffany giggles.

 

"Oh.." Taeyeon nodded cutely but then he closed his eyes again and leaned back on the couch, feeling lazy to do anything. Tiffany cracked a smile seeing Taeyeon dozed off like a little kid.

 

"Come on, Tae. Help yourself" Tiffany pulled both his hands, forcing him to stand up. Taeyeon obeyed her and stood. His eyes were closed, feeling heavy to open when he let Tiffany hold his hands and lead him to his room.

 

"Sleep," Tiffany pushed his shoulder down and Taeyeon lay on his bed without bothering to open his eyes. He finally drove off into sleep.

 

Tiffany pulled over the blanket and covered the guy's body and sat at the edge bed. She turned her head and saw Zero had slept on his small bed at the corner of the room.

 

Tiffany then watched the guy sleeping soundly and smile alone "Have a nice dream" She turned off the lamp on the nightstand before walking out of his room and went back to her apartment.

 

Tiffany knew she was slowly developing her feelings for Taeyeon but it never comes out from to tell the guy. She was afraid the guy didn't feel the same as her and it would affect their friendship if she confessed. And for five months being a neighbor and close friend, Tiffany continues hiding in her own feelings.




 

Until one day

 

 

...

 

 

His fingers furiously tap the game controller as he eyeing the video game like he wants to swallow it to death.

 

He was angry. Yes, he's definitely angry

 

And jealous.

 

A beep sound of his door locks is unlocked. Taeyeon quickly lay down on his couch, closing his eyes. He pretended to sleep.

 

The door opened and revealed angry Tiffany, stomping her feet into his apartment.

 

"Yah Kim Taeyeon!-" Tiffany stopped and saw Taeyeon was sleeping. Tiffany sees the television still on showing his games video. Tiffany knows it is Taeyeon's habits to play video games when he upset or stress

 

"Oh, you're sleeping..." Tiffany lifted his brows. Tiffany then pinched his nose and covered his mouth with her other palm, blocking him from breathing.

 

1 second...

2 seconds...

3 seconds…

4 seconds…

5 seconds...

 

He started frowns with closing eyes

 

10 seconds...

 

Tiffany smirked evilly as she put pressure on pinching his nose

 

15 seconds...

 

"Hmphh! Hmphh!!" Taeyeon patted her hands vigorously, begging her to let him go.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter