Picking up at 2 a.m

Rely On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm picking up at 2 a.m.

You coulda call any one of a thousand friends

But you can only be real with me

 

 

Yeji just got home after having to work overtime to finish all the documents she have to passed on tomorrow’s board’s meeting. She wanted to just leave it be and left when it was pass her work hours but, she remembers how she’s still on probation and leaving before getting things done wouldn’t look good. 

 

She’s there sprawled on the sofa, her bag on the floor, still in her work outfit which she has been wearing since 7 in the morning. It’s few minutes past midnight and she’s trying her best to collect herself to clean up before going to bed. 

 

There’s nothing better than a hot shower to release all the tense muscle of her neck and shoulder. Yeji breathes out a big sigh when she finally was lying there on her bed, in her fresh pajamas, somehow feeling light as a feather. In less than a minute, there she was sleeping, letting out soft snores after such a tiring day.

 

Yeji was in her dream, dreaming about the board meeting and how there she was presenting in front of the important people of the company when she hears the ringing of her phone. She cursed herself internally for forgetting to put it on silent mode before the meeting. She tried to turn off her phone in her dream and it finally stopped ringing. She can feel the stares she got from what just happened and could only utter some apologies. 

 

She continued her presentation and not long after, her phone started ringing again. There she was thrown away out of the room by her manager and she keeps on putting a fight because she needs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter