Xu Yangyuzhou (Eliwa Xu)

To All The Girls That I've Loved

NOTE: Explicit contents ahead. It's better if you have registered in aff to read the story without filtered words.

 

 

It was one fine Saturday evening, the 7Senses along with other artists just performed in one of the biggest malls which happens to be co-proprietorship owned by Zhao Xiaotang’s father. Xiaotang was told by her father to attend the event for him since he is busy closing business deals in Shenzhen. Xiaotang told Sunrui about the event a few months ago, so she could cancel her schedules in advance, and she was willing to go too since she’s a fan of some performing artists. Not to mention one of the members of 7Senses was their former classmate in senior high school. Xiaotang and Sunrui wanted to catch up with her and to get to know her members. The 7Senses has just released their latest album: The Shadows which they performed U Know and The Shadows on stage. After the event Xiaotang congratulated all the artists' amazing performances on stage. She also congratulated the crew and staffs’ hard work during the event. The 7Senses members and Sunrui decided to have dinner somewhere else, unfortunately Xiaotang was busy being the representative on behalf of her father’s absence. She told them that she’ll just catch-up after greeting all the board of directors. She doesn’t like to have a small talk to those old men but it was her job since her father wasn’t there. And if she will be taking over her father’s business, she has to learn to talk like a businessman, to widen the social connection.

An hour later, Xiaotang arrived at the restaurant where Sunrui dropped the address pin to the place. She was so annoyed when Sunrui kept pestering her by calling and messaging her many times while she was at the convention, socializing with other businessmen for the image. was so stiff from fake smiling all the time that she almost couldn't put it back to the way it normally was. Suddenly Sunrui was calling her on the phone.

“ZHAO XIAOTANG WHERE ARE YOU!?”

“I’m already outside! I’m coming! I’m coming!”

“You haven’t replied to all of my text, you even cancelled all my calls!”

“Are you stupid? I told you I was busy being a two faced to those old men. My mouth is stiff from fake smiling.” Xiaotang massaged to ease her muscle.

“Good thing we haven’t finished eating yet. Come! Don’t walk, sprint! We’re not going to wait for you, you’re not princess!” Sunrui hanged the call before Xiaotang could reply.

“Ugh! This piece of sh…”

While Xiaotang entered the elevator going to the 27th floor of the building, she was checking Sunrui’s messages.

 

We arrived in the restaurant. I didn’t know Yangyang’s family owned a restaurant. It’s fancy here.

I’ll drop you a location pin later

Yangyang said you should come here quickly!

I didn’t know they trained in South Korea for how many months. 

They were asking your whereabouts you should probably come now!

Xiaotang!!!!!11!!1 Aiyamaya they are so beautiful, come!!!11!!

I bet your type is either Zhao Yue or Zhang Yuge. 💦💦💦

Y’know when they introduced Dai Meng to me, my gaydar was tingling 👀👀👀🦄🌈

Can you believe Xu Yangyuzhou is now called Eliwa 😂😂😂😂😂 Eliwa my a$s! -- YANGYANG!! 😂😂😂😂

I think Kiki is also pretty 😲

Zhao Xiaotang heeeeeeelp me from temptation!!!!! 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

AYA! REPLY!!!!!! 😤😤😤😤😤

I’m straight 😌😌😌😌😌

Kong XiaoYin gave me her wechat 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

AIYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU??????????

Zhao XiaoLemon1!!!111!!!1 bruhhhhh where the hell are you?!!?!?!

Yangyang told me she will end your friendship if you won’t come now!!😂😂😂   

I’m straight I’m straight I’m straight I’m straight af 😌😌😌😌😌

Bruhhh Zhao Yue was asking about you bruhhh, is this the sign?! 👀👀👀

This Kiki and Daimeng are funny, especially Daimeng. we hit it off in a snap and now we are bros. 🤝💪 

Zhao Xiaotaaaaaaaang!!! Look! (screenshot of Kong XiaoYin’s message to Sunrui) She sent me a wink emoji first!!! What to reply?!

Must avoid temptations 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Remind me I only like men 😌😌😌

Aiyamaaaa what took you so long!? The foods are here already! 

STOP FLOODING ME!!!! I’M COMING! DROP ME THE LOCATION PIN SO I CAN BEAT YOU!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE STRAIGHT!? WHO ARE YOU FOOLING???🤨🤨🤨🤨 

Yangyang’s mom said hello and she said to tell you to drive safely.

(Location Pin📍)

Safety my a$$!! Drive like Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious!!

On my way.

Yangyang is really crazy. She was carrying a Chanel paper bag when we came here. We really thought it was a present for her mother but it turned out to be her laundry WTF 😂😂😂😂 Aiyamaya this woman hahahaha 😂😂😂😂

I HAVE ALL THEIR WECHAT 😵😵🤒🤒🤒😵😵😵

Where are you?

We're starting to eat now

 

Xiaotang looked up when she heard the elevator’s ping sound notifying her that she had just arrived at the 27th floor of the building. A waiter recognized her and guided her to where Sunrui and the others were. While walking through the restaurant, Xiaotang observed the place which she thought had a sophisticated ambience. She really liked the interior design, especially the lighting which gives off astonishing royalty vibes. There were some high profiled people dining in the restaurant. She didn’t know some of their names but she can recognize them by face. The waiter opened the sliding door and gestured to go inside the reserved private room where they were.

“Zhao Xiaotang!” Xu Yangyuzhou yelled in joy, and waved at her. Xiaotang smiled and waved back. Everyone in the room was looking at Xiaotang who just arrived.

“Aiyamaya! Zhao Xiaotang what took you so long!?” Sunrui pointed at her like she was some kind of a criminal.

“Sunrui, I don’t know if you’re dumb or you lost your mind, I told you many times I have to fill in for my father’s absence.” Xiaotang didn’t come empty handed. She gave each one of the 7Senses members a Fendi bracelet which surprises them. They thanked her for the luxurious gift which she replied, “Nah, it’s a thank you gift from the company. Today was the highest audience rating recorded in the media in China,.” Xiaotang’s news even made the girls happier.

Xu Yangyuzhou stood up and hugged Xiaotang. It’s been a long time since they’ve seen each other. “Xiaotang, meet my girls.” She pointed to her members one by one. “Zhao Yue, Kong XiaoYin, Dai Meng, Xu JiaQi, Chen Lin, and Zhang YuGe.”

After Xu Yangyuzhou introduced them to Xiaotang, Xiaotang took the vacant seat beside Sunrui.

"Try this spicy sizzling ostrich meat, it's so delicious." Sunrui passed the platter to Xiaotang.

Xiaotang took a bite of every food that was on the circular table while everyone was chatting. "Yangyuzhou, these are delicious. I'll tell my parents to eat here."

"It's a family recipe."

"How long is this business going?" Xiaotang asked.

"Yeah, we didn't know your family owned a restaurant." Sunrui injected.

"The business started when we were in college. We had a different business back then." Yangyuzhou replied.

"Were the three of you college buddies?" Dai Meng asked curiously.

"No." Yangyuzhou, Xiaotang and Sunrui answered in synch.

"We were classmates in senior high school." Yangyuzhou replied, then she looked at Xiaotang and smiled.

Xiaotang felt that something was familiar yet foreign. She looked at Xu Yangyuzhou who was across the table, observing her, remembering what was left behind in their senior high school years...

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

During the vacant period, Yangyuzhou and Xiaotang were in the school library. Xiaotang failed her English test but she was given a chance to retake the test and now, Yangyuzhou is helping her.

"Zhao Xiaotang, do you know why I'm here to tutor you English?"

"Because I'm dumb?"

"Yeah I know." Yangyuzhou didn't hesitate to say it. Xiaotang couldn't react since it was the truth. "But that's not it." She looked at Xiaotang directly in the eyes like she's about to pierce her. "I need that extra credit."

"Ahhh…"

"Don't 'ahhh' me, you need to pass it!"

"I get it, geez… What a nagger." Xiaotang scoffed as she leaned back to the chair.

"Come, let's focus!" Yangyuzhou tapped her pen on the English book. "Answer this." She gave Xiaotang a few minutes to rearrange the words according to grammar.

After school, Sunrui and Xiaotang went home together by bike. They stopped at a convenience store to buy some drinks and food. After that they parked their bikes under a tree and chatted while they ate their food.

"How's the tutoring going?"

"Hell." Xiaotang took a bite of the chicken barbecue.

Sunrui laughed. "Aiyama, did something happen?"

"Sunrui, she was supposed to tutor me English but all I received was a handful of scolding." Xiaotang drank her milk tea.

"Well, I mean she's also trying her best to teach you."

"I know, but she kept saying, 'Zhao Xiaotang, you're so stupid. Stupid stupid stupid Zhao Xiaotang', and she said it in English everytime I make a mistake." Xiaotang rolled her eyes. "What kind of a teacher is that?"

Sunrui laughed when she heard about it. "Give Yangyuzhou a chance. She's a nice person since she's trying her best to help you even if you keep teasing her."

"What?? It was just once!"

"Aiyamaya, it wasn't only once." She laughed. "I remember when we had our home economics class, we were gardening outside. You made her scream when you showed her that disgusting frog. What were you thinking?"

Xiaotang shrugged. It’s not like she hates Xu Yangyuzhou, she just likes getting a reaction from her because Yangyuzhou expresses well what she feels and doesn’t filter. She likes people who are true to themselves.

The next day, they agreed to meet at the city library after school so they could study English, because the day after that is Xiaotang’s retake test for English; they have to do their best because it’s a win-win for them if she passes.

“Xiaotang, don’t forget the formula, subject, then verb.”

“I got it, I got it.” Xiaotang furrowed her brows as she was seriously writing on the paper, doing her best so she can pass the retake test for tomorrow.

Yangyuzhou observed Xiaotang. She liked this side of her, being serious because she could only view her as always playful. She looked at how long Xiaotang’s eyelashes were, how good looking her nose looked, how sharp her jawline was. She thought Xiaotang is really beautiful despite sometimes showing boyish mannerism.  She also heard there were people at school who confessed to her but she hasn't heard anyone who was lucky enough to get their confessions accepted. Xiaotang is rich, beautiful, tall, cool, or maybe funny at times; so she wondered why isn’t she dating anyone? It’s a waste of beauty. They are already 17 years old in their second year of senior high school. They should be dating around at this age. There are a couple handsome guys at school and Xiaotang rejected their advancements which made Yangyuzhou curious. If she were as beautiful as Xiaotang she would have accepted the handsome guys’ confessions. How stupid, she thought.

Xiaotang looked at Yangyuzhou. “Is there something on my face?”

“You’re so stupid.” Yangyuzhou said it in English which made Xiaotang confused. She understood it, but she was just puzzled as to why. 

 

An hour later they decided to end the tutoring. Xiaotang promised her that she'll do her best on the retake test and treat Yangyuzhou food if she’ll pass the retake test.

“Wow, you’re going to treat me? But what if you don’t pass?”

“I’ll still treat you.”

Yangyuzhou hits Xiaotang’s arm. “You must pass it!”

“I will! I will!” Xiaotang laughed.

 

Two days later when their teacher gave Xiaotang her score on the retake test. She couldn’t get any more happier when she received an 84 mark on her retake test. From 22 to 84 score is a record she had reached for herself, and of course with Yangyuzhou’s help. It was Friday and school had just finished. Xiaotang was jumping happily towards Yangyuzhou who was standing at her locker, getting her stuff.

“Yangyang~ Guess who passed.” Xiaotang showed her test paper to Yangyuzhou. Yangyuzhou was kind of surprised that Xiaotang called her by her nickname. She had never heard her call her by her nickname, and when she looked at Xiaotang’s score she was genuinely happy. She hugged Xiaotang, and they were jumping happily from the good test result. She was so proud of her that she almost forgot that there was also an extra credit for her effort in tutoring Zhao Xiaotang.

“Xiaotang is not stupid.” Xiaotang sait it in English, she purposely dropped her test paper on the floor, made an ‘I’m out peace sign’, and jokingly left. Yangyuzhou rolled her eyes at Xiaotang’s antics. Xiaotang came back hastily to pick up her test paper on the floor. “So where do you want to eat after class?” She asked Yangyuzhou.

She thought, would Xiaotang take her to somewhere nice if she asks her? “Take me to a fancy restaurant.”

“How demanding?” Xiaotang’s eyebrows furrowed.

“I thought you’d treat me anywhere.”

“I thought you were a McDonalds girl.”

Yangyuzhou was offended by that statement. “Aiya! Zhao Xiaotang, do you think I’m a cheap girl?” She slapped Xiaotang’s arm.

“No, of course not!”

“You’re so stupid. Zhao Xiaotang, you are so stupid!” She walked away, leaving Xiaotang.

Xiaotang felt bad for her unfiltered mouth, so she ran after Yangyuzhou and grabbed her hand.

“What?!”

“Come.” She led the way outside the school gate and called a taxi.

“Where are we going?” Yangyuzhou asked.

Xiaotang opened the taxi door and went in, making Yangyuzhou confused. “XX Amusement Park, please.” She told the taxi driver. Xiaotang and Yangyuzhou were so quiet inside the taxi like they didn’t know each other. When they arrived at the amusement park, Xiaotang bought an unlimited ride ticket for the two of them. She held Yangyuzhou’s hand and led her to the merry-go-round to ride first which doesn’t have a queue. And after that they rode most of the fun rides in the amusement park, even the extreme ones. They went to some shops to buy souvenirs and cute items to wear. They also went to a photobooth, and after that they bought food to eat. Yangyuzhou seems she has forgotten what she was mad about at Xiaotang, and if she did remember, she knew it was something so silly to get mad about. While Xiaotang was queueing to buy drinks, she was observing her from afar. She thought it was surprising that they didn’t bicker to the whole ride. She also hasn't seen this side of Xiaotang. It’s not like Xiaotang is a bad person which she isn't, she just thought differently of her. Like how Xiaotang carries the things for her, leads the way for her, holding her hands when she gets down, covers her skirt when she comes down, opens the door for her, and buys things for her. She felt like Xiaotang is like a gentleman, way gentler than a guy. It's the first time she noticed it about her.

"Sorry, it took longer than I expected. Here's your Winter Melon Oolong Milk Tea."

"Thanks." Yangyuzhou accepted the drink and started to drink it, and ate her hotdog. They sat near the pier. It could've been a great view if it wasn't dark or they had come earlier to eat there so they can look at the sunset. Xiaotang checked her phone, it was almost 7 o'clock. She asked Yangyuzhou if her parents were asking her whereabouts, she told her that she already messaged them.

"I didn't expect that I'd be going here with you." Xiaotang admitted. It was a spontaneous decision. 

"Yeah, I'm a bit curious."

"You were angry at me and I shouldn't have said that…"

"It's ok, maybe I just overreacted."

"But still…"

 

They were quiet for some time. Not knowing what to say. They were classmates but they have a different circle of friends. But what's unique about Xiaotang is that she can be friends with anyone but she sets a wall to those who want to get closer to her. She's been talked ill by many people who were either the girls who are just jealous of her or the boys who aren't as good as her. She didn't need that kind of negativity in her life.

 

"Yangyang." She snapped out from her thoughts when Xiaotang called her attention. Xiaotang moved closer to her to wipe the mayonnaise on her lips. "You eat like a gorilla."

Yangyuzhou doesn't know whether she'll thank her for the gesture, but the last comment shattered her new perspective about Xiaotang's gentle side. She is still the Xiaotang she knew, unfiltered and savage.

Xiaotang stood up and told her they'd go on the last ride before going home. She asked Yangyuzhou where she wanted to go. "Let's ride on the ferris wheel." — which Yangyuzhou replied.

The ferris wheel was one of the main attractions in the amusement park. It's huge and it looks romantic to look at when you're on the toppest part. When they rode the ferris wheel they sat across, and looked around as it started to move up slowly.

"Do you like ferris wheels? Well, I bet you do. You must've come with your boyfriend here many times."

"How quick of you to judge?"

"Why? Am I wrong?"

"They just took me to watch movies."

Xiaotang didn't reply, she was amused watching at the view of the lights from the city. She felt her stomach was ticklish from riding.

"How about you, has anyone taken you to the amusement parks before?"

"Nope."

Instead of looking outside for the view, Yangyuzhou looked at Xiaotang like she was a mystery. She wondered, how can someone so beautiful had never been taken to an amusement park? She never heard her dating anyone too. Was everyone intimidated by Xiaotang because she came from a well-off family or was there other reasons behind it?

Suddenly Xiaotang's phone rang. She took out her phone to look at who was calling, but she ignored it and set her phone to silent mode. Xiaotang doesn't want to answer that person now. She was pissed at that person for being whiny and unreasonable all the time. It's the reason she rather spend time with Yangyuzhou than meeting that person. Yangyuzhou was observing her. She noticed Xiaotang's cute pink bunny iphone case. She knew she had seen someone with the exact same iphone case, but she couldn't pin-point who. But then she realized maybe she thinks Xiaotang is kind of mysterious because she's just the type of person who doesn't share her dating life on social media like everyone else.

"Zhao Xiaotang, are you secretly dating someone?"

Xiaotang was taken aback. Nobody has asked her before about her love life except for Sunrui of course. She doesn't want to lie to her but she doesn't also want to tell who. "Yes, I am."

"I see..." Yangyuzhou replied.

Xiaotang was ready for another follow up question, there were already formulated answers in her head depending on the question, but surprisingly Yangyuzhou didn't ask.

Yangyuzhou didn't want to pry, she just learned something from Xiaotang. She's not like what everyone was talking about. Xiaotang wasn't really mean nor who looks down on other people, or arrogant. People are just saying those things because they haven't gotten this close to her. "Can I sit with you?"

"Yeah sure." Xiaotang replied. She scooted to give her space to sit.

Yangyuzhou sat beside her and they looked at their front view which they can see the city lights from the top view.

"I think we're at the peak now."

"Wow, it's beautiful." Yangyuzhou was mesmerized by the city lights. She gazed at how beautiful it is.

"Right?" Xiaotang agreed.

Yangyuzhou's pinky finger tapped Xiaotang's pinky finger which caught Xiaotang's attention. "Thank you for taking me here."

They briefly stared at each other and averted their eyes afterwards, looking at the view. They knew there was a sudden weird tension between them. Xiaotang couldn't possibly ask whether Yangyuzhou swings that way or not. It was also wrong to be open to the idea of 'what ifs' since she's currently dating someone. It would be considered as cheating, and that's wrong. It's better to leave the thought behind rather than acknowledging something was there. They stayed silently until they reached the ground. Xiaotang insisted to take Yangyuzhou home because it was dangerous to go home alone especially for girls at this time.

"Aren't you a girl too?" Yangyuzhou raised her left brow.

"I'm taller than you." Xiaotang laughed.

"Zhao Xiaotang, don't be so cocky."

"Then don't ride a train, take a taxi instead." Xiaotang's voice was concerned which Yangyuzhou appreciated for being thoughtful.

"Thank you for today even if you wanted to take me to McDonald's." Yangyuzhou's remark made Xiaotang laugh and at the same time Xiaotang kind of regretted she had said that to her. Then they bid farewell to each other.

 

Taking Yangyuzhou to the amusement park made her feel glad that she did. It was nice getting to know more about her rather than keeping everyone off the fence. Her judgement got the better of her. She thought Yangyuzhou is the same as everyone else. And because of it, they have more interactions at school. They sometimes bicker with each other but it wasn't any serious. Although sometimes there were weird tensions between them, they didn't acknowledge what it was and pushed back the idea. They remained friends throughout their senior high school days. Both of them are dating other people. Xiaotang knows that Yangyuzhou is straight. And maybe on the other hand, Yangyuzhou thought that Xiaotang was dating a guy. But she had some small hints that Zhao Xiaotang could be not what everyone thinks she is. One day Yangyuzhou figured out who Xiaotang was currently dating at that time. She was dating Zhang Chuhan secretly. Yangyuzhou was friends with Zhang Chuhan who was from a different class section. She noticed they have the same items. She realized, back at the amusement park, Xiaotang's iphone case was the exact same as Zhang Chuhan, and she just now connected the dots; they were couple items. It was amusing for her to figure it out by herself. Of course she knew Sunrui knew about it since they were best friends. She kept the secret to herself and pledged not to tell a single soul about it. It wasn't hers to tell anyway, she isn't the kind of a person to gossip about others business. Her friendship with Xiaotang kept that way.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Everyone bid goodbye to each other as they called the night off. Xiaotang insisted to drive them to their home but some of them declined because they have a different route from Xiaotang's house. Xu Jiaqi and Kong Xiaoyin decided to ride on Sunrui's car since they have the same way home. The others decided to call a taxi. Xiaotang shot a smirk at Sunrui who was winning the situation. Sunrui didn't react so she wouldn't be obvious, she kept her cool. Yangyuzhou knew what was going on, she didn't tell or give Sunrui a hint that Kong Xiaoyin swings that way. She wanted Sunrui to figure it out for herself. Xiaotang and Yangyuzhou were left behind outside the building. They stood at the moment watching their friends leaving.

"Zhao Xiaotang."

"Hm?"

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"Do you remember when I wanted you to take me to a fancy restaurant?"

"What about it?" Xiaotang was looking curiously at Yangyuzhou.

"This time, take me to a fancy hotel." Xiaotang was surprised by her answer. Yangyuzhou drew near to whisper to her ear. "I have lots of questions to ask you."

Xiaotang looked at Yangyuzhou, reading her serious face. She thought Yangyuzhou wasn't the person to joke around about this matter. It wasn't also wrong to do it since this time both of them were single. And maybe this time, it was time to acknowledge the suppressed tensions between them since senior high school. 

When they arrived at the hotel room, as Xiaotang closed the door, she kissed Yangyuzhou's lips fervently like she had been waiting for this moment. She kissed her plum lips that tasted like cherries. They immediately took each other's clothes off. She unclasped Yangyuzhou's bra and threw it on the floor. Yangyuzhou slowly stepped back while kissing Xiaotang until she felt the bed. Xiaotang gently pushed her on the bed, so they could lie there. Yangyuzhou moaned when Xiaotang started to kiss her neck and her ears. She then started to fiddle on her . Yangyuzhou could only bite her lips. She felt very when Xiaotang did it to her. She realized all this time, her curiosity of Zhao Xiaotang was her only wanting to know how she tastes. She felt like a bad girl but she couldn't help it. She wanted more. Xiaotang understood the sign; she took off Yangyuzhou's underwear, and did the things they've been wanting to do. They've gone hours doing it until they are exhausted. Xiaotang's jaws were aching from eating Yangyuzhou's. And Yangyuzhou felt like her lower half body was amputated. She felt numb. They decided to stop it and sleep the exhaustion away.

 

The next day, they woke up at noon and decided to order a room service. While they were eating their brunch, they talked about the situation to not confuse themselves on what had happened.

"So, what was the question you wanted to ask about?" Xiaotang asked while taking a bite of her pasta.

"I already had my answer." Yangyuzhou sipped her wine, then took a bite of her food.

Xiaotang doesn't want to filter her thoughts and wanted to ask directly rather than playing mind games. "So what now?"

"You mean us?"

Xiaotang nodded.

"I don't want anything for now."

"Good thing we're clear about this matter." 

They were silent for the mean time trying to finish eating first before they could have another conversation. Last night was too tiring for them, they needed to fuel themselves.

"Xiaotang, I remember when we were at the ferris wheel. At the time you were dating Zhang Chuhan, right?" Yangyuzhou broke the silence.

"Did Sunrui tell you?"

Yangyuzhou shook her head. "Actually, I figured it out by myself. I was so curious about you before."

"You were?"

"Yeah, you're beautiful yet you keep rejecting the guys in high school."

"I just wasn't into guys."

"When did you know?"

"Know what?"

"Liking girls…"

"Since junior high school." Xiaotang looked at Yangyuzhou to ask the same question. "How about you?"

Yangyuzhou laughed. "At some point I knew you were going to ask. No, I'm not gay."

"That's how all the lies start. It's ok, it takes time to accept yourself."

Both of them smiled.

Yangyuzhou thought, maybe Xiaotang was right. Maybe all this time when she was curious about Xiaotang, and their tensions back then; because she wanted to know for herself how Xiaotang tastes like, or maybe this is one thing of knowing about herself if she could like girls too. She never thought same relationships are disgusting. It was normal to love, and it's people's business anyway. Who is she to judge people? By this, she came to realize that she likes Xiaotang but she's not ready for it yet, and maybe Xiaotang isn't ready for it too.

"I can't do relationships for now. My career is important for me. I have just started and I can't just throw it away. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm chasing my youth." She looked at Xiaotang sincerely. She felt bad for this missed opportunity. She thought she can never have both - a fresh start career and a relationship. 

"I understand." Xiaotang smiled at her, assuring her that she understood her situation. She didn't expect anything from Yangyuzhou either. She's just glad that Yangyuzhou isn't the type of person who gives false hope. All she can do is support her. After all, they were good friends.


 

It's either one of them is dating and the other is not. They never had the right timing to be together in a relationship. Maybe they were just meant to be friends. Or maybe in the future there's still the possibility. One can never know until that time comes.