Intolerable

Snow Flower

He could no longer tolerate it.

He was shocked to see her confront him, against him, dared him to do the unthinkable.

Was this truly her?

He couldn’t believe he was about to do it. Rage and violence were his birthmarks. He was glad that noble heir stopped him before he made the same mistake twice.

Two years, he realized. Two years since they had last interacted, last talked. He could never forgive himself for what he almost did. And when the unthinkable happened, he let it be, believing it was best for both of them, for her.

Until she stumbled into his life again, memories flooded back, consuming him. They had joyful memories, not just horrid ones.

But now, as he saw how happy she was around them, around him, another emotion spurred out: 

Jealousy.

The same emotion that ruined everything they had. His fists balled watching them sled down the slopes together. That should be him beside her, him making her laugh and smile the way she was right now, him that she should fall for. Not him.

He tried talking to her but everybody had brainwashed her to into believing that he was the villain - the main antagonist of their wonderful adventures. He wanted to scream and he did. His knuckles blued and bled but he felt no pain.

He wanted her back.

She sat there aloneHe saw an opportunity but he was too impatient, too rough, and he blew it. The look in her eyes - that was the look of fear. The same look she gave that night.

He tried again and failed, again. She was glued to him now and he would never leave her side again.

This is my punishment, he condemned, for the sin I almost did, for the scars I had given her.

But his heart could not let her go; it refused to.

He wanted her back but when he saw them walking together, their bodies sticking together like glue for warmth, her arm wrapped around his, that gorgeous grin of hers showing for him, he knew it was too late.

Still, he refused to believe that all was lost.

He had to try one last time. He had to see her, talk to her, explain to her; apologized for what he almost did all those years ago.

He made his decision. 

He spotted a classmate of hers and called out to him.

"I need you to do me a favor".

(A/N: The next chapter may or may not take longer because I'm prepping for my online summer finals but don't worry, I SHALL NOT ABANDON this story :3 I myself am enjoying it, hehehe)