Chapter 5 - Lady of Enthusiasm

Accidentally Married

Chapter 5 – Wheein, Lady of Enthusiasm

 

To say nervous was an understatement. Her knees were trembling and she prayed that her legs don’t give up on her. When Lee Dahee said the elites are there to attend, she wasn’t kidding. The dignitaries, politicians, ministers, powerful clans of South Korea, etc. But those aren’t really pushing her buttons, because most of them bows to her in courtesy and respect, it’s Yongsun’s many exes and scandals. Those glares and evil eyes. Looking at her from top to bottom then snickering with their group of friends. It would be naïve of her not to know about Yongsun’s party lifestyle. Yongsun is after all one of the most wanted bachelors.

“Good day, my Lady.”

Wheein turned to the person calling out to her. Honestly, she can’t believe she can be accustomed to be called Lady so quickly. It feels like a natural thing. Speaking of bachelor, another dashing alpha greeted her.

“Oh, Byul-shi.” Wheein greeted. “Or should I call you, Young Master Moon instead?”

Moonbyul chuckled. “Well, maybe if we are at the presence of others but it’s just the two of us. So it’s fine. A friend of Hyejin is a friend of mine too, anyway.”

Wheein smiled warmly at Moonbyul. Atleast she’s here but Moonbyul wasn’t the alpha she’s waiting for.

“You look so beautiful today, Wheein. I feel honoured to be standing next to you.” Moonyul said whilst taking her hand and kissed it. Wheein shyly smiled. It’d be a lie if she didn’t admit to be gushing over this handsome alpha.

“Allow me to to you to the ballroom, my Lady.” Moonbyul lifts her arm and Wheein gladly grab hold of it.

As they walk arm in arm, Wheein can’t help to notice all eyes were on her. She thought Yongsun were going to get her from the entrance but the woman was nowhere to be found. Wendy left her when she agrees to go with Moonbyul.

“Lift your head up.”

“What?”

“Lift your head up.” Moonbyul repeated. “Back straight.”

Wheein found herself following Moonbyul’s command.

“Good girl.” Moonbyul chuckled.

“I’m still not used to this.” Wheein said. “No one noticed me before. Now, it feels like everyone knows me.”

“You’re the next Lady of the House. They’re all curious about you. They would have to wait for another generation to be able to witness this historic event.” Moonbyul said.

Moonbyul continued, “You are aware that the Kim of Gwangsan have the blood of royalty, right?”

“I do. I just didn’t expect it to be this…” Wheein looks up to Moonbyul with her big brown eyes. “…grand.”

They reached to the edge of a broad wooden staircase. It goes down to the ballroom below. They stopped and Moonbyul faced Wheein.

“Ready or not, you’re already in the family.” Moonbyul said.

“Not quite.” Wheein shakes her head. “Don Kim would need to give his blessing.”

“That’s true. However, the fact that he agrees to have you introduced tonight meant he had learnt his lesson. He wouldn’t want a repeat of the incident with his oldest granddaughter.”

“You mean Yonghee unnie? What happened?” Wheein questioned. She figures something must have conspired because she wouldn’t be wearing the Jade Imperial now.

“You’ll know later. Now you need to go to Yongsun. She’s waiting for you.” Moonbyul points at a bright smiled Yongsun.

Wheein descended from the staircase. She remembered the lesson Lee Dahee taught her. Her back straight. Chest up. As for the smile, she need not fake it because the moment her eyes met Yongsun’s, her dimpled smile was for all to see.

All eyes were on her including Kim Yongsun. Wheein’s long silk red dress complements the green of Jade Imperial. Her shoes glitters under the light. It became apparent to all just how beautiful Wheein truly is. Lee Dahee actually looked so proud because who would’ve thought the person that came through her doors was the same person. Jung Wheein looked absolutely regal.

Yongsun approached Wheein just as the younger woman reaches the end of the steps. She lets out her hand and Wheein gladly accepts it. The alpha kissed her hand.

“You look wonderful tonight. So beautiful.” Yongsun praised. “I love this red instead of the gold dress.”

“It was a last-minute change. Dahee unnie and your mother were bickering about the dress.” Wheein explained.

“So who won?”

“Your mother is Lady Kim. Who you think won?”

Yongsun laughed. “So you met my mother. She’s a nice old lady, right?”

“Hey, who are you calling old?” Madam Kim frowned. They didn’t notice her coming over to them.

“You.” Yongsun bluntly said which earned a slap on her shoulder by Wheein. “Sorry.” Yongsun apologised.

Wheein went over Madam Kim and gave her a hug. Madam Kim gladly reciprocate. She then bows to Kim Jiyong, Yongsun’s father. “Nice to meet you, Master Kim.”

The old man was all smile and hugged Wheein too. “Aigoo, just call me appa. I’m so happy tonight. My youngest is taking the next big stage of her life.” He said, however Master Kim suddenly have this curious look and his brows crooked. “Err…you’re not pregnant, are you?”

“Excuse me?! I’m not a teenager, appa. I have self-control.” Yongsun rebuts. Looking quite offended.

“It’s true. I was also surprised actually.” Wheein said.

“Yah!” The little outburst from Yongsun earns a giggle from Wheein. Madam Kim quickly ushered them to the ballroom before Yongsun decides to be a big baby and sulk all night.

It was pretty much an ordinary dinner with entertainment until it’s time for Yongsun to introduce Wheein. It was obvious to all, the pride Yongsun had when she introduced Wheein. No one can deny the omega was extremely beautiful. Once Yongsun finished announcing their engagement, a traditional tea ceremony followed. The purpose of the ceremony was to pay respect and asking for the blessing from the eldest of the clan.

The couple gracefully prepared the tea and Wheein, as a new addition to the family offered the cup to Don Kim. The Don stares at the cup and Wheein finds herself gulping nervously. It was rather silent in the ballroom. The Don’s expressions or lack thereof made everyone tense. However, a sigh of relief was heard when he accepted the cup from Wheein’s hand. The couple drank the tea together with Don Kim.

They’ve finally reached the end of the event. The Kim family expressed their thankfulness and it was returned with a congratulatory wish. The young couple were beaming and smiling eye to eye until one of Yongsun’s many flings became too ‘friendly’.

“Congratulations, babe!” A woman in beautiful red sequin dress lunges herself on the Alpha.

Wheein’s face contorted for a moment because another omega is being too close to her alpha but she regains composure and smiled. “Who’s this, babe?” She emphasised the end of her sentence.

Realising the awkward situation, Yongsun tries to pry herself away from the woman. “Ah..th-this is R-rose. A f-friend.” Yongsun cursed herself for stuttering. The woman literally clings on to her like sticky glue. Yongsun had to pushed her hard just to be able to break away.

Before the woman named Rose could lunge to Yongsun again, Wheein had stepped in and intercept. “Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Jung Wheein. And you are?” Wheein offered a handshake.

The woman takes Wheein hand and shake it. “Rose. Roseanne Park from BP Textile.”

Rose said in a conceiting manner in English. Clearly undermining Wheein’s status. This woman clearly is an heiress but that does not impress Wheein one bit.

“Ok Losen Parrk fwom BP. you for coming!” Wheein giggled cutely. Yongsun can’t help but to laugh at Wheein’s adorable English.

“Awww...kyeowo!” Yongsun pinches Wheein’s cheek.

Rose was red in the face. Because she’s certain that Wheein just called her a name. “Yah! What did you just call me? I oughtta-”

“Rose!” A strong alpha voice stopped the woman from running amok on Wheein. Rose always has a knack on creating drama but the omega cowers when the alpha literally warned her by the piercing glare. Yongsun’s protective instinct pulls Wheein behind her. Shielding the omega from Rose’s wrath.

“I appreciate you coming but I don’t appreciate you calling my fiancée other name besides Lady Wheein. If you still have some decency, you’d leave now before you embarrass yourself.” Yongsun said. Although she sounded calm, her words were clear and firm.

The hot-headed Rose wasn’t going to lose that easily. “Just because she wears the necklace, she still hasn’t proved herself at the arena. Can we even call her Lady when she hasn’t even claimed the Warrior’s Goblet yet?”

Yongsun rolled her eyes. “This is Goddamn 21st Century. Not 100 years ago. Why would she prove herself in some silly old tradition?”

Rose crosses her arms and with one eyebrow raised she said, “Kim Clan has always pride themselves about keeping tradition alive. Besides, the engagement ceremony today was also part of tradition. How is it any different?”

“That’s different.” Yongsun said,

Rose continued, “Even Lady BoA had proved her worth. I believe only the best omega marries into the Kim House. Don’t you agree, Don Kim?” Rose turned to Don Kim who was observing.

“I agree with Rose.” An old man in tuxedo said. “If she failed, my daughter would be the best omega for the Kim House.” He said while taking Rose by the shoulder.

Wheein rolled her eyes. A family of leeches these Parks, she thought.

Don Kim was silent. Looking almost contemplating Rose’s point. “Oh, c’mon grandpapa. You’re not actually thinking the same? It’s the new millennium not the medieval.” Yongsun said frustratedly.

“I’ll take the challenge!” Wheein suddenly jumped out from behind Yongsun with a hand raised high like a pre-schooler.

Bystanders were gasping in shock including Yongsun. “You what?”

“I said I’ll take the challenge. I believe I can do it!” Wheein fist pumps and exuding confidence.

Some giggled at the cute Wheein. The woman looks like an overzealous teenager. Some looked on the woman with warm eyes as Wheein’s innocence shown through. Some actually slapped their foreheads due to Wheein’s recklessness.

“That settles it then. Let the games begin!” Don Kim laughs at her own joke.

 

END of Chapter 5

Are you guys ready for Wheein, Lady of Arrows? If you are excited for the next chapter, please leave a comment, upvote and subscribe to my story!

Honestly, I don't think this story has the same "umph" or "kick" like my Taeny stories but now I am starting to get an idea for the overall storyline and I'm turning this into something royal. I am also new moomoo so I dont really grasp their real characters yet but I am in love with adorable Wheein and Yongsun's energy, Hyejins pure heart n babyness and Moonbyul's a bias wrecker. 

Anyway, back to the story. What do you guys think? Do you like it so far? Don't forget to leave a comment yea! 

Also thank you to all that had commented. I appreciated it very much. Your comments always keep me motivated and makes me happy after my work shift. It's hard writing with working at the same time. Heck, I've been here for the past 10years. I'm probably too old for this but I love to write stories and also read from awesome authors here. So long as this keeps me happy, I'm gonna keep writing.

Disclaimer: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REAL LIFE OR PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS STORY. ANY SIMILARITIES ARE MERE COINCIDENCE AND THIS STORY IS MADE FOR PURE ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ONLY.