Chapter 4 - Wheein and the reigning Lady of the House

Accidentally Married

Chapter 4 – Wheein and the reigning Lady of the House

Yongsun glances at Wheein. The younger woman was humming and singing to the tunes of the radio. Wheein has a voice of an angel. Her body was swaying side to side. She looked innocent like a child. Wheein’s eyes widen as they parked at the front of a posh boutique.

“Wahhh, Yongsunnie this place looks….”

Yongsun looks at Wheein, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

“….expensive.”

The older woman chuckled but she notices the weary look in Wheein’s eyes. Yongsun grabs Wheein’s hand and pulled her closer. “Hey, look at me.” Yongsun said and Wheein obliged.

“The owner of this boutique is Lee Dahee. I think you might’ve heard about her?”

Wheein’s eyes widen for the second time. “You mean THE Miss Korea?”

Yongsun laughed at the reaction. “Awww, why are you so cute?”

“Yah! I’m not cute. I’m sekshi.” Wheein pouts. Yongsun can’t help but to kiss on the pout.

“You’ll be double the sekshi when Dahee unnie finished with you. C’mon now big baby. They’re waiting for us.” Yongsun said as she exits the car.

With careful steps Wheein trails behind Yongsun. She has never shop in a boutique before. What more to say an exclusive and posh boutique like this. She has only bought clothes from thrift shops and the regular shopping malls when they’re on sale. The moment she enters the boutique, it was what Wheein would expect.

The floor was off-white marbles. Intricate designs of woodworking. The grand light fixtures. It even smells distinctively different. A strong aroma of vanilla and the colour scheme was all white with black accents. It screams luxury everywhere. Wheein found herself planted to the ground. She feels out of place. She notices a few employees looking at her and feeling embarrassed, she pulled down her bucket hat. Her attempt to hide from the stares. She could not get herself to look up because of the stares. But strong and familiar hands gripped her shoulders.

“Wheein-ah, are you okay?” Yongsun’s soft voice somehow soothes Wheein’s troubled thoughts.

It took a moment for Wheein to answer. Truthfully, she wanted to just run out of the store but that would humiliate Yongsun and she don’t want to smear the older woman’s reputation. “Y-yes.”

The stutter was picked up by Yongsun. She realised Wheein was feeling intimidated. “Wheein-ah, you trust me, right?”

Yongsun held out her hand of which Wheein takes it and intertwined their hands. The older woman smiled and she could not help but to kiss Wheein’s cheek.

“Come. I want you to meet Dahee unnie.”

Yongsun leads Wheein through the foyer and to the lift. Yongsun pressed on the 9th floor and chuckled when she saw Wheein looked rather nervous. She kisses the younger woman’s cheek again.

Wheein thought she could not get anymore nervous. Not until she saw Ms. Lee Dahee. The woman’s beauty is out of this world. Literally. Wheein thought the woman must be some kind of deity for having such perfect features. Yongsun and Lee Dahee talked before they turned to Wheein and Lee Dahee walked towards Wheein. The woman stood in front towering over Wheein. She flashed Wheein her beautiful smile. Wheein swore Lee Dahee’s teeth sparkled under the light.

“Hello there, young lady. I’m Lee Dahee.” The woman reaches out to shake Wheein’s hand.

Snapping out of her stare, Wheein bowed so low it looked like her head almost hit the floor. “My name is Wheein. It’s an honour to meet you, Lee Dahee-shi.” She said while shaking Lee Dahee’s hand.

Lee Dahee chuckled. “Oh my, it’s supposed to be me that is honoured. You are the first woman she brought personally to me.”

Wheein smiled shyly. It feels good to know. She locked eyes to Yongsun and they shared a loving smile. Lee Dahee notices the couple’s loving looks and she decided to have it her mission to have Wheein ready for the ball.

“Please take good care of me, Lee Dahee-shi.” Wheein said politely.

“I will. Before we start please call me unnie. Yongsun is like my baby sister and now you are too.” Dahee said and called out her assistant. “Wendy, can you get the mirror please.”

A friendly looking woman nod. Her hair was of shoulder length. She has a diary on one hand and a pen in the other. She signals the other employees and in no time a big mirror was wheeled in. It stopped right in front of Wheein.

Lee Dahee walks around Wheein. Her arms crossed over her body. Once in a while she puts her hand on her chin. Then she stopped and said, “Wheein…”

“Y-yes?” Wheein gulped.

“Are you ready for the ball?”

“I-I guess so.”

Lee Dahee shakes her head. “Not in that outfit.” She takes off Wheein’s bucket hat.

Wheein automatically looked down. Hiding her face behind her long hair. But a soft hand held her chin and made her looked up.

“You’re going to be among the elites. You cannot be hiding behind Yongsun all the time. Sometimes you’ve got to stand your ground.” Lee Dahee said in all seriousness. She then told Yongsun to leave the premise emphasising the word surprise to Yongsun of which she relented and left the building but not before leaving Wheein a kiss.

The makeover took about half a day. They washed and trimmed Wheein long hair. Dying it back to jet black. Getting rid of the blond/brown highlights on her hair. Lee Dahee called the style hideous of which Wheein disagrees but surrendered as she trusts this unnie.

A dozen dress Wheein tried on until they finally settled on a sleeveless golden laced outfit. “This is it.” Lee Dahee said. She then notices something.

“Do you always slouch, Wheein?”

“Huh?”

Lee Dahee then stands behind Wheein. She pushes the younger woman back and pulled on the shoulder. Wheein posture immediately improved. “Better.” She said.

“Remember Wheein, have some pride in your body. The elite can smell fear. You cannot show that you are intimidated. In fact, they should bow to you instead.”

Wheein frowned. “Shouldn’t it be the other way round?”

Dahee turns Wheein’s face towards the mirror. Both of them looking at the reflection. They both know the real subject is Wheein. “No because they will recognise you as the Lady of the House.”

“How would they know?” Wheein asked but before Dahee can answer another voice chimed in.

“By having my jade necklace.”

The visitor has her hair tight up in a bun. Wearing a baby blue suit and white shirt. Pearl necklace as her jewellery. Wheein recognises the visitor immediately.

“Oh, ahjumma Kwon? You know Dahee unnie?”

All the employees gasped and she even swore she heard it from Dahee too.

“You serious, kid?” Dahee said. “Did you just called Madam Kim, ahjumma Kwon?”

“Yes.” Wheein answered innocently. She realised the atmosphere had changed and asked the older woman, “A-are you not, ahjumma?”

Madam Kim laughed at the reactions. “Well, I was Kwon BoA before I am Kim BoA. And only you can call me ahjumma.” She taps on Wheein’s pointy nose. She continued, “Now, I would prefer you call me umma.”

“U-umma?” Wheein was confused for a moment before she figured out the reason for the weird and horror reactions. “Y-you’re Yongsunnie’s umma?”

Wendy, Lee Dahee’s personal assistant actually fainted because she was horrified that Madam Kim was called ahjumma and this young woman are totally clueless of the prestigious family she’s going into. Realising her mistake, Wheein frantically bows apologising over and over again. Madam Kim stopped her by raising her hand.

When the matter shifted to the jade necklace, Wheein realised a man in black suit trails behind Madam Kim. And he was holding a wooden box. It was carved with flowers and it peaked everyone’s interest in the room. In fact, a band of black suit men surrounds the one holding the box.

“The ball is held annually. The family held it once a year to bond with close and extended family members as well as inviting other prominent families in the country as a courtesy for showing their support to the Kim Clan.” Madam Kim started her speech. Wheein and everyone in the room listened attentively.

“At the peak of the agenda, Yongsun will announce the engagement and introduce you officially as the new Lady of the House. I was introduced the same way.”

Madam Kim signals the man in black to open the wooden box. Wheein’s eyes almost bulges out of its socket when she saw the necklace. It was an imperial green fine jadeite and diamond necklace set with natural jade at the centre and accented with 18k white gold. How does Wheein knows this? The man in black literally announces the Jade Imperial and proceeded to describe it like it was an auction.

Madam Kim rolls her eyes. “Oh my gosh, Trevor. Can you not do that? You’re scaring Wheein.”

Wheein does not disagree. The Jade Imperial must be at least a million dollars or more but Wheein’s not going to do the math on that. “I-I don’t know if I s-should wear this.” She said hesitantly.

“Nonsense!” Madam Kim said. She took the necklace and proceeded to put it on Wheein’s neck.

The jade necklace adorns Wheein’s neck beautifully. It somehow fits Wheein perfectly. She looked like she’s worth a million dollars – literally.

“This necklace was given to me by Yongsun’s grandmother. And now I am giving it to you.”

Then it hits Wheein. “No, I can’t accept this. This is too much.”

Wheein fumbles trying to take off the necklace but Madam Kim stopped her. “Yongsun chose you and I am more than happy when I was told about this engagement. Are you not proud that you’re given this jade necklace? Are Yongsun’s riches not enough for you?”

Madam Kim sounded rather insulted at the end but Wheein set her straight. “I agree to marry Yongsun because I love her for who she is. Not for her riches. For the sensitive and adorable dork. For being passionate about life by trying something new and she takes everything like a challenge even though it scares the hell out of her. If she falls bankrupt tomorrow it still doesn’t bother me because I’ll be there to help her. I’m used to the grind and I can assure you, umma, Yongsunnie works as hard too.”

Madam Kim lowers her gaze to the floor. Wheein’s unsure what to tell of it. Was she too harsh? Has it angered Madam Kim more? Was she too different of a caste to understand the upper class? But it all answered when Madam Kim lifts her head up. She wipes a tear that fell from the corner of her eye.

“W-why are you -? I am so sorry, umma. I-I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” Wheein said guiltily.

Madam Kim shakes her head. “No. You didn’t do anything wrong. As a matter of fact, I am even more convinced now that Yongsun had chosen the right one. All the more deserving of you to wear this necklace.”

Madam Kim held on both of Wheein’s shoulder. “Wheein-ah, thank you for loving Yongsun.”

Wheein pulled Madam Kim for a hug. She’s so happy Yongsun’s mother accepted her. Only if she had known Ahjumma Kwon is Madam Kim. “You should have told me that you are Yongsun’s mother.”

“Oh why would that matter?” Madam Kim asked.

“Then I would have given you extra chicken feet every time you eat at my restaurant.”

Madam Kim laughed at the remark. She’s gone to Wheein’s restaurant to eat her favourite spicy chicken feet. Wheein’s cooking is really delicious and she don’t mind having a daughter in law that can cook her favourite dishes.

“You know the tears were also for you calling me umma.” Madam Kim said. “Please continue calling me so.”

Wheein agrees by tightening her hug on Madam Kim. It was obvious that Madam Kim has a soft spot for Wheein and blessing from a parent is blissful.

“Hold on.” Wheein let go of the hug and asked. “Why am I the Lady of the House? Shouldn't it be Yonghee unnie’s mate?”

Madam Kim smiled looking at Wheein’s adorable frowning face. She’s going to have fun filling in the history lessons in exchange of extra chicken feet.

 

END of CHAPTER 4

 

Author's note: Hello guys! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Mind you I dont really know anythin bout jade stones or necklace. It was a random search cos I have this idea of an heirloom. Anyways, this chapter was all fluffed and sweet.

I'm sorry also becos kinda late in updating cos I'm pretty busy this week. As usual please like, subscribe and comment on this chapter. I really love reading your comments and feedbacks.  See u in the next chapter. Bubye!