Chapter 3 - Yongsun's Resolution

Accidentally Married

Chapter 3 – Yongsun’s Resolution

 

Yongsun walks through the hallways of Rainbowbridge Holdings. The lavish office building can rival Trump tower. The Kim’s legacy has been strong for almost a century. From her great grandparents to her parents now. As a youngest master Kim, she didn’t really have that same burden as her older sister. She’s pretty much carefree because her older sister’s the one being groomed to sit on her father’s chair. An alpha of her own right but between the sisters, it’s obvious that the oldest is a natural leader.

Speaking of her sister, there stood Kim Yonghee wearing a grey suit with white button up shirt. A small silk black bow tied around the collar. Kim Yonghee just exudes confidence and authority. An elegant woman. She was staring out the large panoramic window of the Chairman’s office before turning her attention to Yongsun.

“Unnie.” Yongsun acknowledge her older sister. Yonghee returned the acknowledgement with a smile.

Not long after Yongsun enters the room, their grandfather entered along with their father.

“Have a seat.” Don Kim Junho instructed. Yongsun sat beside her sister on a longer couch while her father sat on their left. Meetings with all of them here only means something serious that Don Kim Junho wants to talk about. Yongsun has an inkling of it but she wasn’t sure.

The Don takes a sip of the herbal tea and finally spoke, “I called both of you here because I think it’s time for me to have a proper retirement.”

Yongsun thought right. This matter has been pending since last year.

“You should grandpapa. Father can take over your place.” Yonghee said.

“Am I that old?” Don Kim sulked.

“Your full-on silver hair pretty much screams it.” Yonghee and Don Kim laughed.

Yongsun only smiled because only Yonghee can make those jokes on their grandfather. She’s not really a favourite.

“You’re right. We’ve discussed this and I am relieving my duties to your father starting today. Yonghee’s gonna assume Jiyong’s position by next month.” Don Kim said. “The way you lead our company for the dealings in UK convinces me that you’re ready. I am very proud of you, Yonghee.”

Yonghee smiled proudly as she should. Yongsun congrats her unnie. Honestly, she doesn’t even need to be here because all she ever going to be was a bystander. Sometimes she feels she’s inadequate. Unlike Yonghee, she’s just a local uni grad and she’s not as smart as her sister. She needs to do extra effort just to be at the same level as Yonghee.

“Yongsun.” Don Kim’s gruff voice startled the Kim’s maknae. Don Kim stares at Yongsun. She gulps nervously. She doesn’t remember doing anything wrong lately.

“Y-yes, grandpapa?”

“I am wondering when will you introduce your fiancée to the family. Surely you’d think of asking for our blessing?”

Yongsun realised her mistake. She hadn’t announced the engagement officially and Don Kim don’t like to be kept in the dark. Especially when it involves family matter.

“You’re engaged?” Yonghee asked surprised.

Yongsun nodded. “I was planning to, grandpapa. I’m just waiting for the right time to introduce her.”

“Why not this Sunday? We’ll be having the annual company ball. Bring her along, Yongsun.” Kim Jiyong said. He’s also curious of the maknae’s choice.

“Actually, can it just be a small family gathering?” Yongsun suggested as she wasn’t sure if Wheein are ready to face the public yet.

Don Kim Yunho chuckled. “Surely this was not on impulse. If it was, I am not surprised.”

Yongsun does not appreciate the sarcastic tone. She’s had enough of not being taken seriously. She’s an alpha too for god sake. She deserves the same respect as Yonghee.

“It wasn’t. I am serious.” Yongsun said.

“A mere cook with only high school education. Not to mention the family’s background.”

“You looked into her?” Yongsun could not believe that Don Kim would have Wheein’s life under his scrutiny. Anger starting to seep into her.

“I would like to know who you bring into the family. Considering the amount of scandals you had”. Don Kim said as a matter-factly.

Yongsun can’t deny the troubles she gets herself into before but this time it’s different. “She’s not the same as the others I’ve been with. She’s special.”

“Special as in gold digger.”

The statement angers Yongsun so much that she’s now standing near the Chairman’s table. “How dare you call her that? You don’t even know her.”

Don Kim was unfazed by the young alpha. He looked through a piece of paper and said, “You bought her the restaurant she worked in and put the ownership under her name. Now that looks like she’s milking your money.”

“I bought it myself. She didn’t ask and certainly did not milk me off anything. She’s a hardworking woman who’s passionate about cooking. I am going to marry her whether you like it or not.”

The Don and Yongsun had a staring contest. Neither let down. Their eyes share the same intensity. Fearing for Yongsun’s well being, Yonghee pulled the maknae away and Jiyong defuses the situation by suggesting to meet Wheein. Much to the relief of both Yonghee and their father, Jiyong as the Don agrees with the suggestion.

“Bring her to the annual dinner.” The Don said. “If she’s gonna be in the family, she better acts like one.”

Yongsun huffs out her frustration. But relieved nonetheless because the Don hadn’t suggested anything absurd.

“You’re personal choices have been less than admirable and honestly I find it hard to believe that you’re actually marrying this low life cook.”

Yongsun was about to spew profanities when Don Yunho raised his voice. “Give me one good reason, Yongsun! One good reason for me to accept this.”

The Kim’s maknae pursed her lips. All eyes were on Yongsun. For the most part they can’t believe the spoilt Kim would actually be committed. She’s been living life her way and most of the time she’s been crashing parties and promiscuous. It seemed unbelievable even to Yongsun but as she think about it – no she felt it and she’s pretty certain it is what is. She let out a breath because for once in her life she wants to show the Don that she too a capable alpha like Yonghee.

“Because I am in love with her.” Yongsun confessed.

Yongsun knows they’re listening so she made her point clear. “Her name is Jung Wheein. She’s beautiful inside and out. She works hard to keep doing the things she loves like cooking and painting. She can’t choose her parents and sometimes life hasn’t been nice to her but she sees good in everything and find something to smile for. But most importantly, she makes me happy.”

Yongsun stood strong and tall. The rest of the Kims never seen this side of Yongsun before. Even Don Kim was a little impressed that the corner of her lips raised up. “Is that so?” Don Kim asked but this time in a softer voice.

“Yes, grandpapa. I’m not gonna take someone less than amazing as the Lady of our House.” Yongsun smiled as she said it. Lady Wheein does have a ring to it. The dreamy smile did not go unnoticed by the rest of the family.

“Wow, you must really like her.” Yonghee’s comment snaps Yongsun out of her daydream.

“Appa is happy for you, Yongsun. She sounds like an amazing person.” Kim Jiyong said.

“You’ll adore her, appa. She makes a mean spicy tteobokki and she can handle her soju too. You two can be drinking buddies in no time.”

Kim Jiyong laughed at the statement and it got even Yonghee interested in Wheein. Don Kim watches as the maknae talks excitedly about her fiancée. Looking at this he made a decision.

“I’m gonna have you handle Equator.”

They looked at Don Kim with shocked. Equator is their lowest earning branch. The Don certainly wouldn’t let their maknae struggle in that area.

“Why not let Yongsun handle Starlight instead? Since I’m gonna handle HQ, I think it’s just right for Yongsun to take my place.” Yonghee tries to reason.

But the Don had made up his mind. “Taeyeon will replace you as CEO of Starlight. I want Yongsun to be responsible of Equator.”

For Yongsun, this sounds like a challenge. The Don is testing her. Without much thought she said, “I accept.”

Her father and Yonghee looked at Yongsun with shocked written all over their face.

“Well, it’s settled then.” The Don smiled satisfied.

***********************************

It was an eventful day and naturally Yongsun would drive to Wheein’s apartment for dinner. In the lift, she opened the blue velvet box and a beautiful encrusted diamond sparkled under the neon light. This ring will adorn Wheein’s hand.

Yongsun let herself in and as usual she found Wheein cooking at the kitchen. The younger woman turns around when she realises that Yongsun had come. When Wheein turns around, her long black wavy hair flips over her shoulder and her dimpled smile greets Yongsun. The older woman was awestruck. She saw Wheein’s mouth moving but no sound was heard.

“Wheein-ah, you look so beautiful today.”

The younger woman frowned. “What are you talking about? Come help me set up the table. Dinner’s bout ready. Just need a few more minutes for mmhhh” Wheein moaned when Yongsun captures her lips all of a sudden. As their lips parted, Yongsun cups both of Wheein’s cheeks and kissed the younger woman’s dimple softly. It made Wheein’s body tingle and her heart melted. She had never felt so loved before.

“Here.” Yongsun gave Wheein the blue velvet box. Wheein’s eyes widen when she saw the ring.

“Oh my, it’s beautiful.” Wheein cups astonished.

Yongsun took the ring out of the box and put it on Wheein’s left ring finger. “Befitting of the ring bearer.” She said and Wheein blushed.

“Wheein-ah, I’ve told my family about you and they want you to attend the Company’s annual dinner next week.”

A sudden feeling of nervousness and anxiety invade Wheein’s core. She knew this time would come. Receiving a family’s blessing is what every couple wished for and Wheein felt the pressure of being accepted into the Kim’s clan. Yongsun realising Wheein’s internal struggle quickly tightens her grip on the younger woman’s waist.

“Don’t worry. You’ll do well. I’ll be right beside you all night.” Yongsun said.

“Promise?” Wheein’s pleaded with her big brown puppy eyes.

“I promise.” Yongsun said and leans in to kiss Wheein’s right eyebrow.

Wheein hugs Yongsun tight. Basking in the warmth of her alpha. Her Alpha. Wheein pushed a little, just enough for her to have Yongsun’s eyes on hers. Still holding on Yongsun’s body with her left, her right hand reaches over to the older woman’s left cheek. Her thumb caresses Yongsun’s cheek in a circle manner.

“I love you, Yongsunnie. I’ll forever be your omega.”

The confession of love swelled Yongsun’s heart like never before. A beautiful omega declaring her loyalty to the alpha of her choice. It boosts her alpha ego to new heights. She cannot wait to parade Wheein at the Company’s ball. To tell the others that this omega is hers and hers only. Her alpha instinct is screaming to mark the omega right here and right now but she has enough patience for she will mate Wheein on their wedding night.

 

END of Chapter 3.

 

 

 

Authors note:

The verdict has come and majority of you wanted omegaverse. Well, here it is.

Please don't forget to comment on this chapter. Do you think Yongsun really in love with Wheein? Are you guys excited for the Company's ball? Do you think Don Kim will like Wheein? I would love to know your thoughts. So please do leave a comment.

See you on the next chapter. Bubye!