Chapter 1 - Wheein's Pure Love

Accidentally Married

Chapter 1

Wheein dabs the sweat off her forehead and relieved that she was able to get some rest on a hectic day. The air conditioner cools her off and customers has dwindled in numbers as lunch hour has passed. She can’t wait to be off her shift and run to the love of her life, Yongsun. She had bought a nice black dress and new red lipstick to kiss her love with passion.

If you think she sounds stupidly in love, well, your guess is right. She is just punch drunk in love with the Dragon Sun. It all started 6 months ago when the beautiful pink blond Yongsun entered her restaurant. There was a peculiar or rather as Wheein would emphasize – unique laughter which caught Wheein’s attention. You see, as a chef, she rarely sees the customers ordering the food. She’d be too busy cooking and making sure orders are on the way. But on this particularly rainy day, a certain sound drew her curiosity.

Adjusting her white tall chef hat, she peeked through the kitchen window opening to investigate the source. Her eyes scanned the dining area. From the corners until it stopped at the middle of the restaurant. An animated Yongsun talking and laughing with her friends. Wheein finds herself mesmerised by the woman’s beauty. A smile etched on her face. But it was only for a moment when suddenly the beautiful patron starts coughing vigorously.

Wheein realising the dire situation, sprang into action. The woman was choking. Wheein takes hold of Yongsun’s body. Positioning it against her front and starts the Heimlich manoeuvre. Once, twice, and a strong third finally dislodging a piece of bone from the woman’s throat.

This incident led to a date. And another. Reminiscing on the memory made Wheein smiled. She quickly clocks out of her work and went straight to her apartment. She showered, making sure no her sweaty self were clean and smells fresh. She can’t wait for her love to pick her up for another date. Remembering the text she got from Yongsun, she felt jittery and nervous. Oh could this be it? But wouldn’t be too soon tho? Wheein thought things falls into place perfectly. Yongsun and her are madly in love. It’s inevitable.

Wheein looks in the mirror. Making sure her hair and make up looking amazing. Her black dress she picked up fits her curves perfectly. Working in a small restaurant isn’t going to pay her much so she made sure she spent her money’s worth. And looking at the mirror, she mentally celebrated her excellent choice.

The beeps from her front door alerted Wheein and she excitedly ran out of her bedroom. As soon as Yongsun steps in the house, Wheein jumped on the older woman. Kissing her like no tomorrow. Yongsun was left breathless for a moment. Wheein smirked knowing she literally took the woman’s breath away.

Yongsun was wearing a white creamish suit. With black silk sleeveless button up shirt inside. The woman looks good enough to eat. Wheein gulps the saliva that almost drip out of the corner of . Wheein sighed, “You’re so beautiful. I’m so lucky to have you.” Yongsun smiled her crooked smile.

The older woman could only smile. Her dimple showing. Her stare made Wheein blushed. Yongsun cups both of Wheein cheeks and bent down to place soft kiss on the younger woman. This dinner date could just end up on the bed but Wheein knew Yongsun has enough self-control. She loves to be spoilt by Yongsun. So they made their way out of the apartment.

At the restaurant, the couple talked about their day. Wheein noticed the older woman looked a little bit nervous. She notices Yongsun kept on rubbing her palms so Wheein grabs Yongsun’s left hand. She realised Yongsun’s hand was a little at the cold site. Wheein blows hot air from and rubs Yongsun’s hand in an effort to warm Yongsun’s hand. The older woman looks on the gesture. Wheein always made her feelings known. Either by words or actions. These just one of the things Wheein does and it sometimes left the older woman speechless. In fact, Wheein loves the silent moments. It felt warm and her heart swells with love.

“Wheein, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it? Why are you looking so nervous?” Wheein thought this is rather uncharacteristic of the older woman.

“Wheein-ah, I actually already have a woman.”

The brows of the younger woman frowned only for a moment. “Me?” Wheein chuckled. “I already know that. Do you want to eat gopchang?”

“Wheein-ah…”

“Why do you keep calling my name?”

“Wheein-ah, I’m sorry. But you’re not the one.”

“Then what am I? If I am not, what am I?”

“You’re no longer my woman.”

“Then am I your wife?”

Wheein was beyond ecstatic when she realised Yongsun’s reason for being nervous. She was over the moon as the older woman remained silent. She saw the flushed face of Yongsun.

“Ahhh jinja. You should have done a better job of preparing a proposal.” Wheein said. She grabbed both of Yongsun hands and pulled her closer. Their face inches away. “I do.” She said. Their eyes locked and with the utmost sincerity in her voice she reiterates, “I do. I would love to marry you, Miss Kim.”

Back at home she was singing happily. She never thought this day would come. That she would be Miss Kim’s other half. Officially. She was dancing and singing happily when the doorbell interrupted her daydreaming.

Wheein was a little baffled when Hyejin came to her home. In the middle of the night. She looked worried.

“Am I okay?” Wheein asked confused.

“Yeah, between you and Yongsun unnie.”

Wheein noticed Hyejin was being carefull of her words but the moment Yongsun’s name was mentioned, she was back being the lovestruck Wheein.

“We’re more than okay. We’re getting married!!!” Wheein said excitedly.

“What?” Hyejin’s expression shows confusion. “I-I thought…”

“What?” Wheein’s expression mirrored Hyejin’s. “You thought???”

 

END of Chapter 1