Her

Diabolic You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frustration wasn’t something unknown for Tiffany but this time it was really becoming an everyday thing. Why? Because it had been two weeks exactly since she had seen Sooyeon. After that night she never came back, Tiffany waited every night in hopes to catch her roaming the house like she used to without knowing that another girl was doing the  exact same thing. In fact, a couple of times she had bumped Taeyeon in the halls with the excuse of being thirsty or unable to sleep, and eventually both of them would spend hours watching movies praying to see the girl even once.

They didn’t admit it out loud but they were afraid, afraid that she wasn't coming back. The reason why they didn’t express their concern was because no one else seemed to mind, although they indeed wondered about her whereabouts.

Of course, Tiffany decided that it was already time to ask the only person she could trust in the matter, Kangin. So, when she caught the man alone in the living room she decided to go and ask him directly.  She was afraid of him questioning her curiosity but he just shrugged saying that he also didn’t know and that he just hoped that she was doing okay.

It wasn’t what she was expecting but she had to try, and so every night she would stay awake; roaming the shrine for a little before giving up for the day and going back to rest.

 

Truth be told, she wasn’t the only one waiting. Irene, Bae Irene, had been waiting all this time as well. Wishing that her beloved Seungwan would see her love but she proved to be blind as hell, no matter how many hints she threw, she was oblivious about each and one of them, hurting her every time.

Just now, she was thinking about how unlucky she was as she remembered their talk half an hour ago in her house. They were watching a movie called “Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart”, it was about a boy born in the coldest day and as a result his poor heart froze. He was given a cuckoo clock instead to keep him alive but there was only one rule that he shouldn't break; he could never fall in love or else his heart would explode. But just like any other movie, he fell hard for someone and so his heart couldn’t take it. At the end, he chose to die just to be able to kiss the girl he loved for the first time. Such a terrible plot but it was quite interesting, Irene thought that if it was her in his place she would do the same just to share that tiny moment with Seungwan.

It was after the movie ended that Wendy stared at the screen for quite a while, probably thinking about something that was bothering her. Irene knew her that much and so she noticed how troubled the girl was these past days.

“What’s wrong Wannie? Is something bothering you?” She asked, hoping the girl would share whatever it was.

Wendy turned to her with a kind smile. “Joohyun, have you ever wished to do something so bad just to be able to see the person you have been thinking about the whole time?”

Irene’s heart started beating erratically after those words left her lips. “I do.” She answered in almost a whisper. “Why?”

“Because I do, I crave for the night to come just so I can go back to sleep in hopes of seeing that person in my dreams.” Wendy had a sad smile, her finger playing with the hem of her shirt, a habit that she showed when she was a little shy. “Because that’s the only place I can see her.” Irene felt her world shattered, felt dry all of a sudden and her eyes were stinging.

“T-The only place?” was not coping with her brain and she felt the tears menacing to come out.

“Yes.” The blonde girl sighed. “But no matter how many times or hours I sleep, I’m not able to see her.” Pain and sadness were evident in her voice and that made Irene wake up from her own pain. The girl caressed her best friend’s cheek, oh how she loved her cheeks.

“Maybe you’re forcing it too much.” Her words were tender but her eyes were sad, they weren’t shining anymore and yet the other girl didn’t notice it. “She’ll appear eventually Seungwan.”

The said girl pouted and Irene knew that she loved her too much. “But what if I don’t see her anymore?”

That hurt like being stabbed 100 times but her touch never left the girl’s soft skin. “Who wouldn’t want to see you? She must be blind then.” Her finger moved to fix her messy bangs.

Wendy smiled at the touch and closed her eyes for a bit. “She’s an angel Hyunie, the most beautiful one.” She noticed the troubled expression in her face and so she held the latter's hand without knowing that her touch was enough to heal and hurt both at the same time. “I know that you are lost but I promise you that soon I’ll tell you everything about her.”

Irene knew that she had to wait and so she gave her a nod as a response. A knocking came from the door and their little moment had to break as Seulgi’s presence barged in the room.

Time passed and the muncher had finished all their snacks. Irene saw this as a chance to run away for a bit and she took it, politely declining their offer to go with her to the convenience store.

And so, she was now sitting at a bench in a little park near Wendy’s home. Tears streaming down while staring at the bright moon adorning the sky, all the tears and pain were pouring out of her soul, too engrossed in her sadness to even care how exposed she was to danger.

Someone was approaching her, she could hear their steps getting near. Afraid of even looking up, her eyes were setting on the bags on her lap.

“What are you doing here all alone?” A girl’s voice rung in her ears but she didn’t know who she was.

With a little relief she looked up and almost choked up with her tears from the shock. In front of her, a nicely dressed Sooyeon was standing. Her perfectly combed blonde hair looked amazing under the moonlight, her legs were being hugged by a pair of black jeans, and a long coat on top of a white blouse, not forgetting a pair of Gucci on her feet. That look quite expensive but amazing on her, Irene couldn’t speak either because of her looks or because she was talking to her.

Their eyes met and they were as empty as before but there was something in them that was different, though she didn’t know what it was.

“S-Sooyeon, hello.” She could only answer that, her voice wasn’t coming out due to the crying.

The latter stared at her for a bit. “What are you doing here all alone?” She repeated her question but the other girl kept quiet.

Irene lowered her head and her hair covered her face, thinking that maybe the girl would leave if she ignored her but she felt a cold touch on her cheek making her jump in her place and looking up instantly. Her eyes stared at the scene of Sooyeon inspecting her index finger. “You are crying.” She heard her say and then their eyes met once again, the pain coming back and the tears streaming once again.

Sooyeon sat down beside her and looked straight ahead, hearing only the whimpers in that peaceful night. Her eyes roaming the place while letting the girl cry until she couldn’t cry anymore. She caught the girl shivering between her cries and knew that it was because of her, so she took off her coat and gently placed it on her shoulders, scaring the jumpy girl a little with her action. Irene smelled the fresh yet sweet essence that came off from it, so calming and soothing that she began relaxing.

Minutes passed and the girl finally calmed down, she didn’t know that she needed this so much; having a silent company. When she wiped off the last tear and her eyes were as puffy as they could be, she cleared up , slowly looking at the person next to her who had her eyes trained in something ahead of her.

“Thank you.” It was all she could say but it was as if Sooyeon knew exactly what she meant. “What are you doing here?” She asked, not really hoping for an answer, feeling her face cold but her body so warm.

“I’m waiting for someone.” Now, that’s something new for Irene. “Why did you cry?” She asked in a cold tone that didn’t felt rude at all. “Is it because of her?” That made the sad girl almost break her neck with how fast she turned, her eyes almost popping out from the shock. Sooyeon noticed the stunned girl and fixed the coat so it didn’t fall off her shoulders. “Why are you hurting?”

Irene wanted to cry once again but Sooyeon’s touch took the feeling away. “You know, Sooyeon. Falling in love isn’t something horrible as most people say.” The blonde was paying attention; pain noticeable in every word. “Who you fall in love with may be the problem.” Irene hid her hands inside the pockets, the bags were now forgotten. “Have you ever had a friend? Someone important to you?” She asked the powerful being, her eyes expecting an answer from those that were as hollow as a shell.

“You’re my first friend!”

“Friend? What’s that?”

“It’s someone special, someone you can trust with your eyes closed or share the good and the bad times with. And the most important thing, friends never leave each other, they never let you down.”

“Am I … a friend to you?”

“Yes!”

Sooyeon remained mum for a minute, her eyes getting lost for a bit. Her fingers playing with her nails. “I knew someone.” Her voice was soft, warm even, and that took Irene off guard. “She always said that I was her friend, even though I didn’t get the meaning of that word. She always taught me new things about this world, from watering a plant to build figures out of mud when it rained.” Sooyeon’s eyes closing for a bit. “She always got mad if I was treated harshly or being feared, always saying that I was no monster to be treated that way although I accepted the fact that I was far from being human.” Her eyes opened and saw a leaf flying towards them, falling on top of her opened palm that awaited ready to receive it. “She wanted me to show them that I was different and so she taught me about right and wrong, and I learned it all. I took everything and never forgot about a single word.” Her fingers played so carefully with it, afraid of breaking it.

Irene was looking with astonishment, waiting for the girl to continue but that was it. Her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter