Saving Her

Diabolic You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was quiet, no one dare to say a word. They were patiently waiting until the light consumed the sky while eyeing the presence sitting down surrounded by salt. The girls couldn’t help but watch every move the being made, which consisted of only moving her head and her eyes.

Time passed by and the girls slowly began to drift off to dreamland, cuddling with each other or laying down on the floor. None of them took the offer to sleep on their beds as they didn’t want to take the risk and let something happen while they were gone.

The blue ones took turns, each of them not losing the demon out of their sight. They were sure that noting would happen but still, they wouldn't let it go. Only Kangin was at ease, his eyes staring in wonder at the girl who would often stare at nothing. It was fun for him to catch those little moments that made her look so normal.

 

When the sun came up, Irene was the first one to wake up. She stood up and watched Siwon smiling at her warmly with his finger covering his lips telling her to not make a sound. Her eyes suddenly met the empty ones of the only hope they had to save Wendy. She was feeling nervous, afraid of everything not going the way it should. The fear of losing Wendy was too much, she could feel it; the way her heart ached at the thought but she had to try, she still had to believe that they could bring her back. Her eyes brimmed with determination before clearing loudly and waking up a couple of heads in the process.

“We should get ready, the sun’s up.” Her voice was demanding, Yoona knew the sound of it, she was ordering them around.

With heavy grunts and loud yawns, the girls began to stir up. They were still tired but knew that sleep could come later, for now their friend was their priority.

Tiffany stretched with a heavy heart and her bed hair looking like a y mess. Tiffany was beautiful, and her lethal charm was her eye smile. She knew it, about the effect she had on people when she smiles. But if Tiffany was beautiful, Taeyeon was on pair with her. Her voice was calm and soothing, with a gentle and kind face that made everyone fall for her. Both of them were gorgeous and how they both looked as they woke up was breathtaking. It always amazed Leeteuk how in the world they didn't have someone they like or why don’t they go on dates like everyone else. In fact, the 8 of them were beyond beautiful, each of them had their own charms that made the others drool over them but Tiffany and Taeyeon were something else, along with Yoona.

Tiffany’s eyes met the demon’s ones and her breath hitched. She felt herself unable to look away, her heart beating fast as if she had just run a marathon, felt like it was already dry from the start.

“Tiffany!” Sooyoung called her, making her jump out of surprise. “I’ve been calling you for a while now. Let’s go freshen up before heading out.” Sooyoung took her hand and dragged her away disappearing from the room.

Taeyeon who was barely getting up looked towards the demon, her eyes scanning her face, trying to see if she could see something through her mask but it was futile, the ice and color were too dense. With resignation she walked away leaving the girl with Donghae, who was staring deeply at her. It was funny how the girl didn’t seem to acknowledge his presence nor like she really gave a damn about it.

 

Kangin approached the guy and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. “Go now, I’ll keep an eye on her.” He whispered quietly, receiving a nod from his friend before walking away. He then took a seat right in front of her on the floor, his eyes smiling along with him making the being stare back. They stayed that way until Siwon interrupted them along with Irene, who seemed to be hurrying everyone to get ready.

“Bro, we’ll be taking two cars. Um, s-she’ll be riding with the two of us, including Leeteuk. Donghae will take some of the girls with him and the rest will walk there. Siwon then took out a black coat and gave it to Dochreidte but she didn’t take it. “She needs to wear this, we must cover her up.” He hesitated but threw it lightly on the couch waiting for her to take the hint, which she didn’t, of course.

Kangin smiled and got inside the circle of protection, he gently helped the girl put on the coat. “There, you’ll learn little by little to do it yourself.” He smiled and was surprised when he turned around and saw all the girls already staring at the scene in front of them with open mouths. “Heh.” He let out a nervous laugh.

Someone cleared his throat. “We need to go now.” Leeteuk announced.

 

The ride was quiet, Siwon and Kangin weren’t speaking a word. The girl in the middle seemed to be paying attention to the view outside the window ignoring the uncomfortable atmosphere. To be honest, they didn’t want to say it but they felt like being surrounded by freezing water; each breath they took was painful. The windows had a thick layer of ice on them and Leeteuk felt like his fingers were about to fall off anytime soon. Relief was what they felt the moment they saw the school in front of them, with shaky limbs they got out of the frozen car and almost cried in happiness the moment they felt some warmness in the air.

When they arrived, only Donghae was already there with Irene, Seulgi, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. They decided to just wait for the rest of the girls to arrive before starting. Dochreidte took a step out of the car and her eyes moved towards the grass under her feet, the sound of the wind blowing was one of the things that broke the silence; trees moving along with it creating a mixture of melodies. Her eyes moved from one place to the other and then to the car, then walking around it while inspecting every inch of it. She didn’t say a word but it looked cute how she was walking at a really fast pace taking in every angle of the vehicle. The others just remained silent watching her like a little kid who’s inspecting the world for the first time since getting out of the womb.

“We’re here!” Tiffany’s loud voice made everyone jump, even Dochreidte stopped in place.

“Gosh, Tiffany! You scared the hell out of me!” Sooyoung yelled while placing a hand on her chest. Her eyes became big for a little bit before sparing a glance to the demon who was staring at them. “Without offence.” She whispered before running towards the pink princess.

“Well, now that everyone’s here we shall begin.” Leeteuk then made a sign and his friends.

“Leeteuk!” A man in his 60s appeared out of nowhere earning the gasps of the girls.

“Mr. Soo Man, good morning!” Leeteuk greeted him. The reason why everyone was shocked was because they had no idea that Leeteuk and their principal knew each other.

“Good morning! How’s everything going?” His eyes searched for something until he found it. “Is that her?” He asked, a little concern could be heard in his voice. Leeteuk nodded. “I-I was expecting something else.” His eyes scanning the girl from top to bottom. “She looks so normal, are you sure that she’s the one?” He asked carefully in a very low voice.

“She is Sir, believe me. I have to admit that you aren’t the only one surprised, she isn’t what we expected.” He was trying to search for the right words.

“Well, it doesn’t matter how she looks like, we need to save Ms. Son at all costs.” He said with finality.

Leeteuk took a deep breath before turning towards Dochreidte. “We need your help, there’s a demon inside that's possessing an innocent girl, the same one that cursed Yoona.” The demon seemed to be following along because her eyes moved towards the said girl, who flinched when she felt her intense gaze. “Save her and get rid of that thing. But be careful, there was a barrier that didn’t let us approach the door.” His words seemed to be a little demanding but pleading at the same time.

The demon stared blankly at him before focusing her eyes on Irene, her feet began moving and headed towards the entrance, not without stopping right next to Mr. Soo Man and look at his face for a second.

Her empty eyes moved towards the building and in the blink of an eye she was already in front of the doors. Everyone gasped, no one saw the moment she got there, it was like she just disappeared into thin air. The doors suddenly flew open with such aggressiveness that for a second they thought that the poor door was about to break. Taeyeon’s mouth was open all the way, her eyes watching every move with astonishment.

 Dochreidte walked inside the school, her eyes scanning the corridors. You could smell it, a nasty odor engulfed the place, it was dead quiet but freezing.

“Someone came to play?” A disturbing voice echoed the whole place, it seemed to come from the building itself. If someone else was there, that person would be crying his heart out just from the fear but the girl standing in the hallway was just staring at the ceiling.

“Let me you up.” The voice again spoke, it stayed silent for a couple of seconds before a desk flew out of nowhere towards her but got destroyed meters before reaching its target.

Dochreidte closed her eyes and appeared right behind a girl who was standing in the middle of the room. Her eyes staring deep at her blonde nape, staring at the way the girl in front of her turned around slowly. An evil grin crossed her face, her eyes were completely black and her skin was gray, like a rotten corpse with black veins running down her skin, smaller in height but her presence was deathly.

“You found me.” She laughed sinisterly. “I didn’t say I wanted to be found.” Her face suddenly hardened and then a loud scream broke all the windows into pieces. The people outside covered their ears as the sound was too much to take, they even had to kneel on the floor to prevent flying crystals from hurting them. They were scared, they had never encountered something like that. Tiffany was terrified, they lost sight of Dochreidte seconds after they heard a strange noise. She wasn’t going to lie, she was fearing that Wendy won’t be back and from the looks of it, she wasn’t the only one.

 

The demon was shocked when it was suddenly grabbed by the neck by a small hand. “Who are you?” It struggled to speak but didn’t receive an answer, only empty eyes were staring right at it. With desperation it began to scratch the hand that was holding it but it was futile, its deathly nails didn’t even touch it. “What are you?” It began to lose it the moment its feet didn’t touch the floor anymore. Something wasn’t right, the thing in front of him wasn’t a demon nor a human, much less an angel. It certainly wasn’t part of the fallen ones, this thing was stronger and more menacing.

“You won’t get her back! She’s gone!” It kept on laughing before spitting on Dochreidte’s face. “I’ll make her suffer down in hell, she’ll keep on screaming without end and none of you will save her from that. Fear, pain, suffering is all she’s going to know for eternity.”

Dochreidte wiped the spit off her face before pulling the demon’s neck towards her, face to face. Slowly, she moved her hand and placed it on top of Wendy’s chest.

The demon knew something, now it was fearing. “This body will die if you take me out!” Was that desperation?

It all went to deaf ears as a blue light shone brightly in the room, a painful screamed came out of Wendy’s mouth before Dochreidte pulled her hand back dragging out a bizarre creature; it had 5 pairs of horns, it was as if it was made out of broken bones with a nasty grey skin that seemed to be rotten in a lot of places, it didn’t have a nose nor eyes with black holes taking their places instead. The demon doubled Dochreidte’s size but looked so weak by her side. The moment it was completely out, Wendy’s body fell lifelessly on the floor and the demon began to be consumed by a blue fire that made it twist from the horrible pain with painful cries that made everyone outside shiver while wondering what the heck was going on. Every part of it was burning, flesh turning black until dust was all that was left from it.

Dochreidte stared at her empty hand before looking back at the girl laying on the floor, with calm steps she approached her and kneeled right next to her. Her hand moved slowly before placing her fingers on her cheek; she was cold and not breathing. With swift movements she placed her right hand on top of her chest again, leaning towards her and pressing their foreheads together. A warm blue light came out of her hand, shining brightly and engulfing Wendy’s body. It stayed like that for a minute before it disappeared.

Dochreidte moved back and noticed the color returning to the girl’s cheeks with her chest slowly raising and a quiet heartbeat coming from her chest. Her eyes then darted towards the corner of the room, there wasn’t a nasty stench anymore and the heaviness in the place was gone, it was still cold but it was due to her presence. She was about to carry the unconscious girl bridal style when she opened her eyes, she was furrowing her eyebrows probably due to the light until her gaze set on the girl in front of her. Her lips parted for a bit but no sound came from them, she placed her shaky hand on top of the girl’s cheek and shivered when she felt how cold she was.

“A-Are y-you a-an a-angel?” Her sweet voice came out as a whisper before closing her eyes again and falling back into deep slumber.

Dochreidte stare at her for a bit before resuming her movements and carrying her away.

 

Everyone outside was dying; they didn’t know what was going on. The last scream was a mixture of Wendy’s voice and they were certain about that, it irked them to death just the mere thought of losing her. Yes, they all fear it but Irene was taking the worse. She was known for never crying in front of anyone but right now she was bawling her eyes out just like the night before. She was afraid, afraid of losing her Seungwan, of living a life where her energy pill didn’t exist.

Thank God all the fear washed away the moment Dochreidte walked out of the school with a tiny Wendy on her arms. Irene didn’t even blink when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter