The Truth

Diabolic You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk covered his face in frustration. He didn’t know whether to be frightened or confused, this was just too much. Two fallen angels were at the edge of getting into a fight, Jesse wasn’t Jesse and Irene seemed to know about it from the beginning. There were many questions but the sight in front of them was too distracting. Amitiel and Gadreel, also known as Gabriel one of the archangels, two of the most known fallen angels, were engaging themselves in a staring battle.

Their mere presence was a green flag that something big was about to happen.

 

“Wait! So, there’s no Jesse?” Sooyoung exclaimed with such astonishment that all of them focused on her. It wasn’t something new but even Leeteuk thought that she was like a walking meme.

Irene felt all of their eyes on her, waiting for an answer that suddenly got lost between her lips. How could that guy be a lie? Not when he made her smile like that.

A laugh.

“Huh?” Siwon asked while he looked at the culprit, the fallen angel with exquisite features that now portrayed a beautiful eye smile that could easily compete against Tiffany’s was letting out a melodious laugh.

The woman was enjoying herself until she noticed the silence. With delicate movements, she combed her long and silky hair. “You’re right, no Jesse.” She took a deep breath. “Although all of this was my idea, I just convinced her to go along with it.” Her lips pursed for a bit before approaching Irene who was now looking down feeling so ashamed of herself. “Hey.” She called her softly and the girl couldn’t stop herself from looking up feeling instantly swallowed by those dark orbs. “It’s all right.” She smiled and the latter felt the comfort she needed.

“But why?” Taeyeon asked with eyes lingering on her Jack. “Why pretend to be something you are not? What was the purpose?” No hint of malice in her words but just a little uncertainty.

They were all expecting her answer but Irene spoke first. “She was just helping me out with Wendy.” No one uttered a word, they felt that there was something else and so she let everything flow. “I wanted to know if I had a chance with her.”

“Obviously! You know she tends to be a little absentminded and probably hasn’t thought about it but she loves you!” Yoona spoke encouraging words to her.

“There’s someone else.” Huh? That was a revelation to all of them. “Wendy told me about it when we were at her house. That there’s someone she can’t stop thinking of, yet someone she can only see in her dreams.” Her eyes set on the blonde girl who was boring her eyes into her soul.

“Only in her dreams?” Taeyeon whispered but Tiffany caught up to it. Both of them unconsciously reminiscing about what happened with Wendy and Sooyeon, looking immediately at the culprit who remained unbothered but Amitiel noticed it.

“So, I offered my help. If someone else comes into the picture, maybe the fear of seeing her being stolen away from her might wake her up. It always works when jealousy comes in between and what more if the person indeed is a charming perfect man in all senses.” She smiled brightly once again and eyed the two quiet girls.

“Well, you did fool us. We thought for a second that Irene had found her missing piece. And your acting was amazing, the perfect man indeed.” Sooyoung still had an incredulous look.

Amitiel let out a giggle while dismissing the idea with her hand. “That wasn’t me though, I only took the wheel when you arrived here at the shrine.”

It would be a miracle if they didn’t get diabetes from all the shocks. Their eyes paced back and forth between the fallen angel and Irene.

“If it wasn’t you, then who was it?” Tiffany asked, the tone of her voice a little demanding and that made the woman arch her eyebrow.

“I wonder who.” She had a smirk on.

“Just tell them.” Eligos had a soft tone in his voice. “Don’t mind her, she doesn’t care.”

She caressed her lower lip a little just for the thrill of it. “Sooyeon. Jesse was a male version of her. Didn’t you notice the resemblance?” Their hearts stopped and their minds just traveled back in time, his features now seemed to be clear and how could they not notice? The pointy yet small nose, his small and delicate lips, his almond-like eyes, his soft and cold voice. Their eyes grew large. “She looked handsome, right?” She had this proud grin on her face and her eye smile was back.

Tiffany frowned for a bit while Tae eyed her Jack Skeleton that was left forgotten on the floor. Seohyun tried to understand but she couldn’t, how could Sooyeon show that many emotions? She still couldn’t believe it and neither did the others. Kangin was staring deeply at Sooyeon who had her blank mask on, he hadn’t been there but if she acted like Amitiel did when they met him then he now understood why the girls didn’t even think of it.

“But he, uhm, she was acting like any other guy out there. With us, she barely shows any emotion. How’s that possible?” Sooyoung was visibly shaken.  

Irene was about to answer but was silent by Amitiel’s hand asking her to stop.

The woman smiled at the girl before facing the troubled audience. “That was my doing. I had her watch every drama there is just to learn how to react to different situations. Also, she had to act like the perfect gentleman and prospect to trigger Wendy.”

Taeyeon found it hard to swallow before cautiously retreating to pick up her jack in her hands, hugging him tightly against her chest along with Zero.” Sooyeon saw this and looked away.

“He looked so real. His words, his smile, the way he cared for Irene, and even the smallest details.” Yoona stated with her eyes darting towards the girl from time to time. Jesse looked so different from Sooyeon, it was just outrageous to think they were the same person.

“That was the purpose.” Sooyeon spoke for the first time in a while, all eyes focused on her. “To make you believe that I existed so that Wendy realized her feelings once and for all.”

“But why? Why did you help Irene?” Tiffany took a step forward.

“Because she needed it.” A simple yet direct answer.

Irene’s heart almost ran away from her chest. “Thank you, Sooyeon. You heard me when I thought no one else did.” She approached the girl and placed a single kiss on her cheek. It was just for a second but Sooyeon seemed bewildered while everyone else held their breaths. The once angels just stared at the scene with an incredulous look.

“Well, if things don’t work out with Wendy there’s always Sooyeon left for you.” Amitiel threw her some eyes and made Irene blush for a bit before giggling.

“As if!” That was unexpected. All the heads turned to the person in question and she looked like a rabbit caught in daylight. She cleared and tried to compose herself. “I mean, Irene loves Wendy too much for that.” She smiled brightly but it sort of looked menacing.

Even Amitiel felt it and tilted her head a little bit, her beautiful hair falling on her face. “Maybe.” She moved her wrist and caught a glimpse of the time, she seemed surprised. “It’s already this late? I have a meeting at 8:00 am.” She was now frowning and the view was breathtaking, even the demon was mesmerized. “I have to go now; it was nice meeting you all.” She gave them a toothy grin. “Want me to give you a ride back home Irene?” She asked.

Irene shook her head for a bit. “No, thank you. I’ll stay with the girls.” She bowed as a sign of respect and the woman complied.

“Well, let’s go home Sooyeon.” She signaled the latter to approach and she did.

“Home?” Tiffany asked loudly that she made the girls jump.

The woman squinted her eyes for a bit and a grin made its way. She crossed her arms. “Yes, home. OUR home.” She was smiling but there was something different in her smile. Even Irene didn’t know what she was doing.

“This is her home.” Their leader spoke, that tiny girl that seemed to have enough power to crush her.

“Before you couldn’t stand her presence here.” That was a blow to all of them, especially her. Amitiel knew that she had crossed the line and so she decided to leave quickly. “I’m sorry, I said too much. I’ll take my leave.” She placed her hand on Sooyeon’s neck. “Let’s go, I’m tired.”

The latter nodded and her eyes darted towards Eligos. “You’ll stay here. Protect the shrine and them. Don’t try anything stupid, I’ll burn you alive if you do. Got it?” The demon felt sweat falling on him but he agreed. “If they need anything, do it. You already know your restrictions.”

“Understood.”

Tiffany wanted to stop her. God knew she did but she couldn’t. What right she had to do so?

Taeyeon could only see both of them disappear and she knew that seeing her leave again right in front of her eyes was one of the most painful things she had experienced. 

 

 

The weekend was gone in a flash and Wendy was still acting weird. Irene was giving her some space just so she could clear her mind. It wasn’t easy for her but at least she didn’t have that heavy feeling in her heart. Sooyeon had taken it away.

For the girls, it had been a headache to know that the demon who killed their parents was around. At least he was being “mindful” by not showing himself in front of them. Just once they had encountered him while he was looking at the death cherry blossom. They didn’t chase him away, they just let him be but he was the one who decided that his presence wasn't required. It was hard but they were trying to leave everything behind.

It was one night when they were enjoying a movie in the living room that he appeared out of nowhere. He looked apologetic as if not expecting them to be there and bowed before leaving bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter