[EP 7] only a space you can fill 

fickle home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s almost night, the sun has set already making the whole house dim and moody. The two girls whose inside their room is quiet, deadly quiet. The younger one sitting at the edge of the bed, massaging the calves of the sick one. “Pringles, I am okay, please, just lay beside me.” Yujin pleaded to the other girl. She noticed how Wonyoung is all over the place. “I can’t, Jinnie! You’re burning for Pete’s sake!” Wonyoung rebutted. “I don’t know what to do, we rarely get sick before.” She whispered. Yujin can feel how unsettling this thing is for Wonyoung, and between the two, Yujin is always the one taking care of the other.  

 

Yujin reached for the younger one’s arm, pulling her closer to her. “You’re hot, baby.” Wonyoung uttered. “Because I am sick, !” Yujin quickly replied while giggling. The two lay next to each other, Yujin burrito-wrapped in a fleece blanket while Wonyoung is continuously patting Yujin's forehead with a cold towel.  They went on like that until the sick one started drifting off to sleep. Wonyo sang her a lullaby just so she can sleep faster. “I missed seeing you sing and being happy on stage.” Yujin said with the sleepiest voice before sleep took over her completely. Wonyoung smiled.  

 

Wonyoung has been panicking ever since the morning. She woke up to a Yujin with an upset stomach and a severe headache. She’s lost on what to do or even who to ask help from. Yujin’s cough and colds didn’t help either. It hurt Wonyoung so much that her other half is not well. It also didn’t help how her anxiety took over her.  

 

The younger one stared at the other, admiring every feature, even her little red and runny nose. It is obvious how unwell Yujin feels, her facial expressions would tense up every time she coughs, not to mention how awful it sounds. “Please get well soon, little love.” Wonyoung hummed while combing her hands through the older one’s bangs.  

 

No matter how much Wonyoung tried sleeping beside her lover, she couldn't. Not when she’s sick, not when Yujin is unwell. Unable to rest, she decided to listen to the rain drops. Settling herself in the nook near the window w, she took out a book from below and started reading, attempting to somehow calm herself and clear her mind.  

 

Not too long, a knock was heard. The house was so quiet that even the tiniest sound can be heard.  

 

Wonyoung tiptoed her way out the room, hoping it won't wake the sick one up. Soon enough, she is standing in front of a soaked Eunbi carrying several paper bags.  

 

“Unnie! Why are you here and why are you wet? Don’t you have an umbrella with you?” Wonyoung questioned the older one. Eunbi grinned at her, minding what the younger one asked her.  

 

“I felt like I needed to go down in the city. I miss how busy it is.” Eunbi shrugged. She lied, Yujin texted her. Asking if she can come down and help Wonyoung. Of course she can’t say no to her babies. In a heartbeat, she’s in her car, driving fastly and safely as possible to Seoul.  

 

Now that Eunbi was all dry and composed, she faced the little bunny.  

 

“Wonnie, how are you?” Eunbi asked, aware of how stressed and unsettled the other one is. Who wont be though? Her usual glow is dim. 

 

Wonyo stood in front of Eunbi. She is smiling but the fear in her eyes is present. Tears welling up in the corner of her eyes. Eunbi saw this, she quickly wiped the tears and cupped the girls cheeks on her hands. Telling her its okay.  

  

“Shhh… Wonnie.” Eunbi ruffled the younger one’s hair. “It’s alright love. Eunbi eomma is here. You can cry, Ill be here until you’re okay.” She reminded Wonyoung. And it didn’t take long until sobs were heard escaping the younger one’s lips. Eunbi didn’t say anything, instead, she hugged Wonyoung. Patted her back and rubbed circles in her palms. 

  

She waited until her Wonyoung had calmed down.  

  

Wonyoung stood up, leaving Eunbi down on the sofa.  

  

“Unnie, she’s inside our room.” Wonyoung held the older one’s hand and led her the way where the puppy is.  

  

“Wonnie, take a shower, a long and hot one. Relax your mind, bub. I got her.” Eunbi commanded Wonyoung.  

  

“Take your time, okay?” Eunbi softly shouted, sternly sounding.  

  

The last one wasn’t a command, but either way, Wonyoung knew her unnie’s words meant more than just taking her time showering. It means taking her time calming herself, assessing her emotions and facing her feelings. Because Yujin being sick isn't really the problem, it's only a front to what the two has been experiencing lately. 

  

Eunbi attended to the sick one’s unspoken needs. She checked Yujin’s fever, readied her medicines and replaced the towel on Yujin’s forehead.  

  

The younger one noticed the movements around the room, she wondered who it was, but after noticing the slim and small shadow following the body, she smiled.  

  

“Eunbi unnie.” Yujin whispered. “When did you get here?” She said while attempting to stand up but was stopped halfway by Eunbi.  

  

“Hey hey hey, sit your down, pup. You’re weak.” Eunbi said. She slowly made her way beside the sick child.   

  

Eunbi handed Yujin her medicines, which the pup refused to drink.  

  

“Ahn Yujin, you never change huh?” Eunbi said while shoving the medicines back to the other one.  

  

“I can drink meds! But not this many.” Yujin stared at the black, yellow and red pills on her palm. Not that she hated them but they taste awful. “Besides, I’ll get better because you’re here and Wonnie also.” Fluttering her tired puppy eyes at the older one who’s avoiding contact with her.  

  

“Yah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter