iv. my small girlfriend

Rent-A-Girlfriend
I couldn’t sleep. It’s been about ten minutes since Yuri vanished and I still couldn’t sleep.
 
I sighed softly and simply logged onto the game I usually play. Might as well just play to forget about them. But silly me, will I even forget about them?
 
Of course I will. I will get my memories erased after all.
 
I furrowed my eyes as I hop onto a match and soon, I am already playing again. I moved my mouse while my other hand busily presses the keyboard so that I can move.
 
Ohh would you look at that, there is an enemy right there. Ha.. prepare to be killed by the great Sakura! I aimed at the person who is looting some stuffs when suddenly, I heared something through my headphone.
 
“Kkura-ya..” It’s like a faint whisper which made me furrow my brows. I shook my head and focused on the game again, thinking that it’s probably just my hallucinations until..
 
I heard it again.
 
“Kkura-ya~” I removed my headphones just to see if I will hear it again but the calling seemed to stop so I focused on the game again.
 
I was about to shoot the enemy down when a soft lips is then pressed against my ear followed by a faint whisper of my name that sent shiver down my spine.
 
I misclicked and then my character died after attracting the attention of my enemy. I slowly turned my body to face the culprit of my distraction but all my irritation vanished after looking at her face.
 
Oh my..
 
“Nako?”
 
“I-i’m sorry you died..” she looks so worried while looking at the screen before back at me. “I-i’m sorry, Kkura-ya.”
 
Now this is interesting. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that Nako is straight up from a computer game! Woah..
 
Hold up, she actually is from the computer–
 
I slightly shook my head and did not enter another match after, putting my computer to sleep and then standing up to face a guiltily looking Nako.
 
“I-i was just trying to get your attention but you didn’t seem to notice me..” Her eyes were glossy now and she probably feels really guilty and worried. I only chuckled in response and cupped my girlfriend of the day’s face.
 
“Ehh.. it’s just a game, Nako. Dying is part of it and I don’t always win.” Usually, I would get mad if someone interrupted me while playing but Nako is different. I just know that I can never get mad at her.
 
Nako wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face on the crook of my neck making me circle my arms around her too and press a gentle kiss on the side of her head.
 
“How long have you been here?” 
 
“About five minutes ago? Or ten? I wasn’t really counting..” She buried her face further onto my neck and tightened her hug around me. “When I saw Kkura-ya, nothing really mattered anymore.”
 
My cheeks reddened at her words. How can she be good at words?!
 
“So.. you’re small huh?” I’ve never seen an adult be this short but it’s cute. It’s making it easier for me to hug Nako like this. Ahh it’d even be better if we cuddle like this!
 
“I am not small!” She whined which caught me by surprise before snickering. It seems like Nako doesn’t like being teased about her height.
 
But it’s so cute!
 
I pulled Nako to bed just so we can cuddle each other. Nako settled her head against my shoulder while I cuddle her close to me, my cheek resting ontop of her head.
 
“Cute size then?”
 
“Kkura~” She whined out again causing for me to giggle and then pulled back from her slightly, holdig her chin gently to kiss the tip of her nose.
 
“Ahh you’re such a baby, Nako! So cute..” I squeezed her in my arms again. My fingers began to her hair slowly and yet, I was the one getting sleepy. I glanced at the time and noticed that it is already one in the morning.
 
Yawning, I pressed a kiss against Nako’s forehead.
 
“Good night, Nako.”
 
“Good night, Kkura~”
 
 
“Ehh! I don’t have foods now!” I searched my fridge and kitchen cabinets for food but sadly, none is to be found. Even the snacks are gone! 
 
Ha.. it’s been awhile since I have gone to grocery afterall.
 
I looked at Nako who is already looking back at me as if she already figured out what we are about to do next. With a sigh, I kissed the top of her head.
 
“We’re going to the grocery, Nako-chan..” Nako’s face brightened up that causes me to smile instantly. This is going to be interesting huh?
 
I grabbed the house key and made a list of what we should be buying.
 
“Nako, what do you want to have for lunch?” I asked her. She peeked at the list of groceries we will be buying and I simply watched how her face scrunched comically and then turns to me with a frown.
 
“What is this? Gummies, Chocolates, Candies..” Her frown deepens as she squinted her eyes at the list. “Chips, beers.. This is what you are going to be buying?! This won’t do.”
 
“Ehh! But these are all I need, Nako!”
 
“No! Give me the pen. Now.”
 
I pouted my lips and handed Nako the pen as she asked me to, sulkily standing beside her as she ripped my supposed to be grocery list and begins writing a new one.
 
“Hmm this.. canned goods. It’s good for you so whenever you feel lazy to cook, you can just open one of these. Not junk foods. That won’t fill your tummy, dumbo.” I pouted my lips more while Nako continued to write. “Beer is fine but limit it to one set. You also need other essentials like shampoo and stuff, I used your shampoo earlier and it is about to run out. What else?”
 
“.... Sweets?”
 
Nako turned her eyes towards me, her brow raised before she pressed her lips in a thin line. “Choose only one. Gummies, Chocolates or Candies?”
 
“B-but Nako!”
 
“Is Nako not enough sweet for Kkura-ya?” Nako turned to me fully and used her damn charms. Her eyes gazed at me like a puppy and a small pout on her lips.
 
My heart. My poor poor heart that’s currently beating fast, clearly enjoying the sight of Nako like this.
 
“You’re no fair huhu..” I scratched my head and finally gave in. “Gummies.”
 
“Good girl~” Nako’s demeanor completely changed. This girl really knows how to use her cuteness. This is abuse!
 
No it’s not.
 
Hmp, but still..
 
I sighed while Nako continued to write more. Soon enough, she’s done. She placed the pen down and took my hand.
 
“Let’s go now, Kkura-ya~ My tummy is grumbling.”
 
I proposed for us to walk since the grocery is nearby. It is a super market that has a few food stalls where we can eat at.
 
“What do you want to eat?” I asked Nako as she scanned the menu. Her eyes squints at each dish before stopping at one.
 
“Kkura, what is that?”
 
“Cheese corndog.”
 
“I want that one.” She looked at me with a pout and her eyes pleading. I don’t think she intentionally used her aegyo at me but she looks so damn adorable right now making me sigh.
 
“Alright, my Nako.” I bought us two corndog sticks each and a bottled water. Nako and I sat down and began to eat. She devoured the corndog with gusto that made me laugh softly.
 
“Woah.. easy there tiger!” I muttered my next words softly, already knowing that if Nako heard me, she will whine as she will get my point. “Or cub.. keke”
 
 
I looked at Nako who is currently watching me take a pack of gummy bears. Huhu, I planned to be sneaky and take a pack of chocolates but look at her keeping her eyes on me.
 
I sighed defeatedly and placed the gummies inside the basket before Nako pulled me to the next stop. 
 
Whil walking to the meat section, I caught sight of a cute pikachu snack bag which totally fits Nako. Without even thinking twice, I grabbed one and walked back to my girlfriend, tapping her shoulder to get her attention.
 
“Nako, nako! Look oh!” I showed her the pikachu bag and she simply stared at me while I smile widely at her. “Quick! Wear this!”
 
Nako continued to stare at me and surprisingly, she wore the bag and sighed. Oh my.. she looks so adorable. I took my polaroid cam (which I thankfully did not forget to grab) and took a picture of her.
 
“Hehe.. you’re so adorable. Really my baby..” 
 
We continued to buy more stuffs. I secretly took a picture of Nako while she buys my shampoo (and conditioner. Not my choice, it’s hers but how can I even refuse her huh?)
 
“I think we’re pretty much done. I bought the ingredients for our lunch and dinner and then.. other goods you’d need in the house.”
 
“Woah.. what would I even do without you, Nako~” I laughed softly when Nako playfully rolled her eyes at me. We both queued on the line to pay for the groceries.
 
I suddenly thought of something so I asked Nako to stand beside our basket. Although confused, she followed my request and stood. I asked her to pose and my heart weakened at the sight of her cute smile next to our grocery.
 
I took a picture of Nako like that. A big smile plastered on my face as I admired the picture before keeping it inside my pocket.
 
Soon enough, Nako and I are on our way back to our place. She have the bag of snacks on her lap and is currently eating the sweets from it. I can only glance at her in envy. 
 
She did not let me eat atleast one. When I asked for some, she simply said “No, you’ve had enough sweets for today.”
 
“Nako, can’t I atleast have a taste? Just a tiny teeny bit?” I pleaded once again. Nako simply looked at me before shaking her head slightly which made me jut my lips out sulkily.
 
I stopped in my tracks (we decided to simply walk back home since the supermarket was pretty near but let me tell you, i’m regretting this) and stared at Nako’s figure who is now walking ahead of me.
 
She stopped as well and turned towards me with a confused look. “Kkura-ya, come on?”
 
She unwrapped the lollipop which happens to be my favorite brand and flavor. I walked towards Nako and placed the bags of groceries down the side, making sure it is set down neatly before looking at Nako.
 
“Let me have a taste of that. It’s my favorite!”
 
“.... you’re so pushy.. fine.” Nako handed me the lollipop but I simply stared at it.
 
And then I cupped Nako’s face and smashed my lips against hers, only for a brief moment though. I only plan to catch Nako off guard after all hihi.
 
I Nako’s lips playfully before pulling back with a cheeky grin as I took the lollipop from her hand and popped it inside my mouth, it.
 
“Thanks, girlfriend.”
 
 
“You’re full?” I asked my girlfriend as I press my hand against her tummy. I fed Nako alot of foods during lunch and then napped with her the whole afternoon.
 
Nako’s so cute when she slept. She was mumbling about some cute stuffs and even whined like a pup before snuggling close to me. She’s really adorable. I fell asleep watching her enjoy her nap earlier.
 
Right now, we just finished eating our dinner. We are currently watching some movie on the tv, my hand placed against Nako’s tummy which has a cute tiny bump because of how much she ate earlier. I it slowly using my thumb, drawing small circles on it before pressing a soft kiss on Nako’s shoulder.
 
“Kkura-ya..”
 
“Hm?”
 
“Have you ever been in-love?”
 
I removed my gaze from the tv and towards Nako. She is still watching the movie which doesn’t even relate to love so why did she suddenly bring it up?
 
Oh my.. is this some kind of a girlfriend test or something? Nako will probably hit me or get upset if I answered incorrectly!
 
“Ahehehe.. what do you mean?”
 
Nako turned her body to face me, her legs crossed as she studied my expression which may have made me sweat a little. “Answer me honestly, have you ever been in love?”
 
I mean she said answer honestly right? But what if my honest answer did not please her? She might get mad at me! I don’t want Nako to be mad at me.. and I don’t want her to be sad as well.
 
Suddenly, I felt a soft hand against my cheek. Nako brought me back to the world after zoning out for a quick while.
 
“Ehh..” I sighed softly. “Yeah, I did. Just one time actually..”
 
“What happened?”
 
“Highschool thing. She’s.. one of the most popular girl at school and I stand no chance with her.” A small smile formed on my lips upon remembering my first love. “She has admirers left and right. From the most popular guy to simply everyone. The thing is that even though she is popular, she wasn’t mean. She’s.. she’s simply perfect. She’s my definition of perfect.”
 
I can feel Nako’s gaze boring through me causing me to feel conscious but she suddenly circled her arms around me, hugging me tightly.
 
Her simple hug made me forget about my first love in an instant. My mind filled with Nako and Nako alone. She pulled back from me and pressed a light kiss on my chin which melted my damn heart again.
 
Dammit, Nako, you’re giving my heart a gay panic!
 
“Are you sad?”
 
The word sad triggered something in me. My eyes automatically found its way to my clock and saw that I only have three hours.. less than three hours actually before Nako disappears.
 
Sadness consumed me immediately. The thought of Nako being gone soon made my heart ache. I looked away from her and tried to blink away the tears that was threatening to fall from my eyes.
 
Nako is my third girlfriend already and yet, I can’t get used to the fact that we are breaking up after a day.
 
“N-no.. i’m uhh.. not.” Nako took my phone after I stuttered to give her a clear answer. She must have noticed– oh she definitely noticed.
 
Suddenly, she played a song and stood up. Nako is now standing infront of me while Twice’s Cheer Up is playing in the background.
 
The chorus came and Nako began to dance then. Her moves were accurate and cute. She has a cute little smile on her face that made me blush.
 
And I don’t even know why am I flustered at the sight!
 
I didn’t even notice it but I am already smiling while watching Nako dance. I cheered her up and waved my hands in the air to support her. At one point, I even got pulled to dance with her.
 
“Yah.. Nako, that was tiring!” I whined as I plopped down the couch. Nako lied down on top of me with her cheek nuzzled against my chest.
 
“You enjoyed it though!”
 
I looked at her for a brief moment before smiling, looking back at the ceiling with a sigh. “I enjoyed it since I am with you, Nako-chan.”
 
The dance we did completely tired us both out. Who wouldn’t? We danced ten songs straight. I fluttered my eyes close, succumbing to the tired feeling and my body was begging me to take some rest.
 
It was just supposed to be a quick nap. Half an hour or maybe an hour but when I woke up, the clock states that it is already past twelve midnight.
 
Nako’s not in my arms anymore. I stood up whilst still feeling sleepy, looking for Nako in the kitchen, bathroom, balcony and then my bedroom.
 
But she’s not anywhere. She’s gone. Completely.
 
I blinked my eyes at the realization that a day have passed already which explains why she is nowhere to be found. I tried to endure it but I couldn’t. My heart aches so much. I tried to not let my tears fall but I failed.
 
We didn’t even say our goodbyes to each other.