iii. my singer girlfriend

Rent-A-Girlfriend
I woke up with a slight headache. Juices mice.. I blinked rapidly and felt my eyes sting once again after remembering what happened yesterday.
 
I chose not to extend my time with Wonyoung as the number one rule states that I should not get attached to my girlfriends. And so, that is the only way to not get attached to her, choose a new girlfriend.
 
I checked the time and was surprised that it's only eight in the morning. Woah, is this for real? Miyawaki Sakura waking up this early? I shook my head and tamed my hair in an attempt to fix it and that's when I noticed that something is odd.
 
The shower is running, a pretty voice is singing inside. But I am all alone. I furrowed my brows in confusion before standing up, carefully walking towards my bathroom. I was about to open it when it suddenly opened, making me jump back and scream.
 
The girl, who opened the door of the bathroom, also screamed back at me and almost slipped so I instantly held her arm and supported her body by holding her waist. But of course, it's not like I am a strong woman myself and so, accidents happen.
 
My girlfriend of the day fell ontop of me, clad in a towel. My lawd. Why do I have to suffer– to be tortured like this?
 
My entire face is now hot because of embarrassment. My current girlfriend then hurriedly stood up and helped me up as well (let's just say we both almost slipped again but thankfully, we got some balance).
 
"Y-you should uhm.. you.. uhm should. You.. should.."
 
"I'll go get changed.." I only nodded my head and covered my face once she is out of my sight. I also left my room just to give her privacy before sighing heavily.
 
Well.. that's a way to meet my girlfriend huh?
 
 
"Are you going to keep staring at me?" I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed my glass of water to drink. I cooked us both breakfast so that she can have her energy refilled. "You're not thinking of something dirty.. are you?"
 
"O-of course not!" Absolutely not. Nuh-uh. No way. My girlfriend only stared at me as if she doesn't believe me before nodding her head and looking away, focusing on her food. 
 
"You are.. Yuri, right?" She nodded her head again in response, mouth full when she looked up to meet my gaze again. I then noticed a stain of sauce on the corner of her lips making me chuckle lightly and reach out to wipe it using my thumb. I didn't even notice that I it off my thumb until Yuri stared at me as if I have grown two heads. "W-why..?"
 
"Oh.. nothing. You the sauce off my lips.. Indirectly."
 
We stayed silent for a couple more minutes and simply focused on our food. Wonyoung and Yuri have this slight difference. Wonyoung's vibes were bubbly and fun while Yuri gives off the chic feeling– and I know deep down sweet too. I noticed how she takes care of me by doing little things like handing me some water, the utensils and such.
 
"Yuri-ah.." I started as soon as we were done eating. I am now washing our dishes while Yuri sat onto the kitchen counter, watching me wash. "Let's go to a record store?"
 
Her face brightened up and she jumped off the counter to wrap her arms around me tightly. I smiled slowly. Ahh.. Sakura, you're getting the hang of being a good girlfriend huh?
 
Hell yes, I am.
 
Since Yuri's expertise is related to singing, I figured she'd like to go to places like that. 
 
I am worried about one thing though, I know no about music.
 
 
I watched Yuri listen to music right now, headphones over her head. She is actually really pretty like this. I think that Yuri has a really soft spot for music (considering how happy she got when we reached this huge record store).
 
She browsed for a couple more cds and played it onto the cd player, the music can only be heard through Yuri's headphones.
 
"Kkura, come here." I heard Yuri call out for me. I instantly walked towards her and stood beside her. Yuri placed the headphones over my head now making me listen to the music she is currently listening to.
 
"My heart grows like a balloon, i'm afraid it'll burst. My heart keeps doing that whenever I see you."
 
My eyes fixates at the movement of Yuri's lips, I cannot hear her but I can read her lips. I swallowed thickly as the song syncs with Yuri's lips.
 
"I'm inlove with you, please hurry, there's so much we have to do."
 
Yuri has her eyes closed as she sang. I cannot hear her but I know she is singing the same song I am listening to right now. Her voice is probably just like a whisper but I felt it, the emotions of the song as she states the lyrics.
 
"Always by my side, will you stay? Who cares if you're slow? I will wait for you." 
 
That's it! I clenched my jaw and held Yuri's face making her look towards me in surprise and in the middle of the not so busy record shop, I kissed Yuri.
 
Her hands fell onto her side as I felt her submit into the kiss. It was not rushed. My lips is only pressed against hers and yet..
 
Why does it feel so magical?
 
I used my thumb to Yuri's cheeks before moving my hands lower to her neck and even lower to rest upon her waist. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her longer and after a moment or two, finally pulling away to let ourselves breath.
 
My eyes fluttered open and I saw Yuri's already staring back into mine, a shy smile etched against her lips.
 
She took off the headphones and placed it on the side before taking my hand and loosely holding my fingers.
 
"Let's listen to more songs.. shall we?"
 
 
"Yuri, what is your dream?" We are now inside my car and without even noticing it, it's already dark. Sometimes I wish I don't enjoy too much since time flies by faster than usual. I only have six hours left now.
 
Already down to six hours!
 
"To sing.. infront of many people. To let them hear my voice and feel the emotion I am trying to convey." She answered me. I hummed in response, a small smile forming on my lips at the thought I have in mind. Oh, Yuri, you will surely reach your dream.
 
"Oh. These are for you by the way.." Yuri shyly handed me a paper bag. I gladly took it from her and peeked inside and was surprised at the amount of albums. If I remember correctly, these are her favorites!
 
"I want you to listen to the songs and I-i hope by then, you can remember me." 
 
I pressed my lips together as I kept my eyes inside the paper bag before looking at Yuri with glossy eyes. I sniffled and pulled my girlfriend into a hug. 
 
"I didn't know you have this side of yours! Dammit, now I'm such a crying mess.." I was touched, really. I feel like Yuri is not the type to express her feelings through words and so she tries to convey it through something else and in her case, through music.
 
Yuri kissed the tip of my nose before giggling as she helped me wipe my tears away. She then held my hand back and fiddled with my fingers.
 
"So.. what are we going to do now?" I finally composed myself again and placed the paper bag onto the backseat of my car before buckling her seatbelt and then mine.
 
"Yuri-ah.. do you trust me?"
 
"Err.. yes?"
 
"Hey! I need you to be much more confident than that!" I unconciously pouted and then I received a poke from my girlfriend because of that. 
 
"Yes. I do trust you, Kkura-ya.."
 
"Great! Because we are going to reach your dream, Yuri."
 
 
The place is not as crowded and wild as a club would be but you can say that there are alot of people. I guess having a mom that has loads of friends pays off. Although I had to chit chat with her friend awhile back, being able to bring Yuri here is worth it.
 
"Anything you want? Alcohol? Water? What do you want?" I placed my hand ontop of Yuri's after noticing that it was shaking. She's nervous but I know she can nail it.
 
That performance she did in my bathroom was so damn good and it would be a shame that she won't be able to sing infront of people.
 
"Relax, okay? The people here are nice and I will be right here to cheer for you.." Yuri looked at me as if trying to see if I was saying the truth before sighing as she dropped a kiss on my cheek.
 
"Alright.. You think I will do great?"
 
"You will do more than just great, Yuri. I bet you will sound amazing that the people around here will start questioning whether what they heard was true or from the heaven." Yuri rolled her eyes and playfully punched my arm which made me laugh (but lowkey felt the pain there, damn my girlfriend).
 
"Now, let's give it up for.. Yuri!" The emcee stated and so I ushered Yuri to come up to the stage. She still seemed reluctant at first but she finally went up the stage and took the microphone.
 
At that moment, I know all her nervousness is gone. All that matters is the microphone in her hand.. and.. me?
 
"I hope everyone will enjoy this song.." I sat back down my chair as soon as the music started. Yuri started to sing and I would be lying if I said I was not swayed because I am hella swayed.
 
My lawd, her voice is so magical.. and amazing and.. wow.
 
"Because of you.. my life has changed. Thank you for the love and the joy you bring" 
 
My heart pounded inside my chest like it's desperate to leave my body. I placed a hand against my chest and rubbed it while Yuri continued to sing soulfully. 
 
Woah.. you like that don't you, heart? You like hearing her voice huh? I do too. A whole lot. Her voice is something I'd want to keep listening over and over again. If Yuri were to release a song, I'd have it on repeat.
 
"I'll tell the world.. it's because of you~"
 
The song then came to an end and everyone (if not all then most of the people) stood up and began to clap. Of course I was the one to start this.
 
"That's my girlfriend right there!" Yuri's cheeks turned bright red as she walked back to me. She giggled infront of me before throwing herself in my arms. I held her closer while her back slowly.
 
I soon felt my shirt began to be wet. She's crying. I don't know if it's because I am touched or what but I began tearing up too.
 
"I'm so proud of you.. everyone liked it. You reached your dream, Yuri-ah." I whispered against her ear. Yuri pulled back from me and so it became easier for me to wipe her tears away.
 
"You did.. Kkura-ya, thank you.. thank you so much."
 
"Anything for you."
 
 
The ride back home was silent. A comfortable silence though. We went inside my room instantly and I told her to take a shower so that she will have a good sleep.
 
She did went inside while I sat on my chair infront of my study desk. A small smile plastered on my lips as I stare at the polaroid pictures from yesterday when suddenly, it clicked to me.
 
"She will be gone soon.. I have no pictures of her!" My eyes widened in horror as I looked at the time. Ten minutes before she leaves.
 
"Y-yuri-ah? Are you almost done?" I heard a soft 'yes' and it made me release a sigh of relief.
 
I sat down again but this time, on the edge of my bed. I lied down and looked up at my ceiling before whining to myself frustratedly.
 
"Idiot, idiot, idiot! Of all things you will forget, it has to be the camera!" I hit my head softly (I still love my body okay, no to pain) until a pair of soft hands stopped me. I looked at Yuri who is now looking at me weirdly.
 
"What are you doing?" I remained silent while I study her body, finding my clothes perfectly fitting on her.
 
"You are beautiful." I answered while gazing at her softly. Her cheeks then has a slight tint of red and then, I reached for my camera and quickly snapped a picture of her, chuckling.
 
"Ahh my girlfriend is blushing? Does it make you shy whenever I compliment you?" I kissed the tip of her nose and pulled her down to the bed with me. The polaroid then became clearer and it clearly captures Yuri's cute blush on her face.
 
"Hey, Kkura.. Of all the people that I became lovers with.." Yuri paused and I simply listened. "You are the best one."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
She took the camera from me and positioned herself beside me, angling the camera and then snapping a picture of the both of us.
 
She let out a soft sigh after as she sat up, handing me the camera while the picture slowly gets clearer. 
 
She stared directly in my eyes and I could feel myself mirroring the glossiness of it. Is she..
 
"Thank you for granting me my dream." She forced out a smile and I only stared at her with my lips parted. 
 
"Ariana Grande.. Right there 1:07."
 
And with a blink of an eye, she vanished. There are no signs of Yuri infront of me anymore. I couldn't hold my tears back anymore as I touched the space where Yuri was previously situated.
 
I took my phone and listened to the song that Yuri told me to listen to, I choked out a sob after realizing what she meant.
 
"I won't forget about you.." I muttered to the air before trying to compose myself to open my computer. I wiped my tears away as I once got the choice whether to extend my time with Yuri or not.
 
I didn't. I chose a new girlfriend.