Chapter 5

The storm inside my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I wasn't able to move. I came to the studio to work out, dance all night long and pass out.

But as soon as I opened the door, I saw him. Minhyuk was already there, dancing with closed eyes. Music was loud.

He wasn't dancing to Astro's song, but american pop music. I also noticed the mood of the songs were quite sad.

I was near the entrance, looking at my crush since what feels forever. All the other lights of the studio were closed as it was around 11 PM. Nobody else was here for sure.

Why was he here? Didn't he told us he had a date tonight? I'm pretty sure I heard him telling me so.

The song ended, the room became quiet. I stopped breathing, wondering if he knew I was there and looking at him.

Minhyuk stood up, wiping his face. I saw him walking to the corner of the room and sat down. I could hear him breathing heavily.

He put a hand on his eyes. A second later I heard him sniffing. My heart stopped. What was wrong?

Minhyuk sighed, let his hand fall down. He opened his eyes slowly. They were red and wet. And most of all, they finally noticed my presence.

Minhyuk didn't hide his tears. Instead, more felt down. My heart was hurting for him. I didn't know what to do.

I decided I would sat down next to him and  listen to what he wanted to share. If he wanted to open up

He finally did, after a moment.

"It hurts so much, hyung."

I nodded. I didn't know why he was hurt, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"What happened?" I finally asked with a small voice.
"We are always fighting. I thought we would be a great match, as we had a lot in common. But I guess I was wrong."

So it was because of Jiyong. I frowned.

"Did you guys fought tonight? I thought you had a date?"

He nodded.

"It was stupid. We shouldn't have react like this. I'm not like this. I'm not someone that has a short temper usually. But when I'm with him - everything bothers me. And sometimes the words he uses... it triggers me."

I tried to take his hand gently, I wanted to reassure him. But he quickly take it off. Right. Maybe it wasn't a good time to initiate a skinship.

"Are you still happy with him?" I asked.

"Yes. I think so. But I don't want to feel like this forever. It's not healthy."

I bited my lips, unsure what I could say. I was in a weird position where I knew I would prefer him to drop his boyfriend and be with me, but also I want him to be happy. If he's able to be happy with Jiyong, it's better this way. I wouldn't want him to be hurt because of a heartbreak.

"Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll make the right choice. You're intelligent. I trust you."
"Thanks hyung."

He gained control over his emotions a moment later and finally smiled gently at me.

"I would like to go see a B-Boy practice. I think it's not too late. Would you like to come with me?" he asked me.

I nodded, feeling lucky he wanted to do spend time with me.

"I'll just take a shower first and then we can leave." He stood up, smiling even more.

He was acting cute. He would be my death. I couldn't stop heart.

Few minutes later, he appeared with a set of new clothes and wet hair. I chuckled.

Without thinking, I walked next to him, put my hand on his hair and brushed it, trying to get the water off.

"You should use an hair-dryer. You're still wet."

As soon as I look into his eyes, I realized how closed we were. How Minhyuk's eyes were full of stars. How I didn't want to move anymore. I could feel my cheeks blushing.

Minhyuk smirked shyly, then walked back.

"I-I didn't want to take too much time. It's fine, they'll dry off quickly."

We walked away silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter