Chapter 4

The storm inside my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Two weeks later, I was home, watching a movie with Dongmin.

Sanha, MJ and Jinwoo were busy, while Minhyuk was out with other friends.

Every now of then, I wondered if by friends, Minhyuk means Jiyong. But I can't let myself think like that. My friend can date whomever he wants. He's not mine. I am not in love with him, even tho I like him a lot.

I'm in love with Dongmin. And he's next to me.

I was smiling for all the movie, while my heart was racing. It's the small things, like right now, that make life worth it.

"So... Have you talked to Minhyuk?" Asked Dongmin near end of the movie.

I closed my eyes.

"No, and I won't."

I heard Dongmin sighed.

"You know you will lose him, right? He'll think you aren't interested."

I was becoming bored of that discussion.

"I never said I was interested in him." I mumbled between my teeth.

Dongmin looked at me, surprised.

"What? Yes you did."
"No, I didn't. Yes I am in love with someone, but it's not Minhyuk."

He blinked.

"But it doesn't make sense. You really act and look likes you liked him."
"I like him, but I don't love him." I corrected my friend.

Dongmin took a moment, then spoke again, probably curious.

"Then who is it?"
"Hm?"
"Who's your crush?"

I opened my mouth, but no word got out. Instead, my face decided it was a good idea to become red.

I decided it was better to not answer that question. If I say the truth, I'll get problems. If I say a lie, he'll probably see through me.

Dongmin sighed next to me as I became silent.

"You make me crazy when you act like that. I wish you would be more mature. Also, you shouldn't act like this with Minhyuk if you aren't interested. You'll end up hurting him."

I looked at the floor, ashamed.

I'm sorry, but I can't say the truth.

 


... ...

 

 

One month later, Minhyuk officially let us know Jiyong was his boyfriend. I smiled widely when he did, because I was happy my friend found love.

I smiled, but I felt like dying inside.

Again, who am I to say something. I'm not supposed to love him. My heart beat for Dongmin.

Sanha hugged Minhyuk upon hearing the news. Dongmin did the same few seconds later.

I tried to, but my feet didn't want to move. Instead I did a thumb up and I felt like the stupidest person on earth.

Who does that? A ing thumb up. I'm pathetic. I blushed lightly.

Minhyuk smiled at me. Why do I feel like his eyes were sad? Is it my mind that hope for something? My friend is in love. I shouldn't have those thoughts.

Jinwoo and MJ were acting like proud parents, as usual. Asking Minhyuk when they could meet him and if he treated him well.

The younger nodded with red cheeks.

"Yonggie is a nice man. You'll like him." He assured us.

Then why did I felt only hate when I thought about Jiyong?

 

... ...

 

One evening, Dongmin found me in my room. I was sitting on my bed and I couldn't stop tears f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter