Chapter 6

The storm inside my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minhyuk invited Jiyong home after a while. All my friends met him for the first time. He acted shy, and looked happy to see me. 

I tried to be friend with him. I really did. Minhyuk's right, he's a good man.

But do I despise him.

And since I can't show it, it hurts bad.

 

After few months, I became used to the situation. Used to being alone and feeling like hell everytime Minhyuk smiled at me.

Dongmin tried his best to make me smile but I'm a lost cause. There's so much a man can do.

Minhyuk's relationship seems steady, but my friend often came back crying and that hurt me a lot.

I try to stay with him as long as he need, listening to his problems and his thoughts.


One night, while he was crying, he told me something that honestly crushed me on the spot.

"Sometimes I wished I talked to you back then. Maybe I wouldn't suffer this much? I know you weren't interested in me, but maybe... Maybe I wouldn't have say yes to Jiyong back then to make you jealous."

I wasn't able to say anything. Minhyuk just honestly told me he liked me before and he got out with his boyfriend to make me jealous.

I was stupid. I should have done something back then.

 

Sanha found me few nights later in the living room, drunk as hell.

"Talk to him." He told me.
"I can't. He's already with someone. I don't want to break his couple."

Sanha sighed.

"Look, clearly something isn't right in his relationship. You're not the only one who listen to him. As much as I enjoy seeing hyung happy with Jiyong, as much as I dislike it when he's crying. It's even worse when I know you are here, waiting and doing nothing."

Few more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He told me he liked me before. He ing confessed to me and I couldn't say anything. The door was wide open. I'm stupid Sanha."

"You really should talk to him. It will be better for both of you."

I nodded. He went to his bedroom. I hide my face behind my hands. Everything was dizzy. My heart and my head were hurting. Maybe getting drunk wasn't a good idea.

 

Someone walked in my direction and sat next to me. I sighed.

"I told you I won't tell him, Ddana. I can't." I mumbled.

Strangely, Sanha didn't move. I tried to wipe my tears. My vision was blurry. I couldn't see anything.

"Why aren't you telling me how I should confess to Hyukkie again? Are you tired of it, uh?"

I was becoming mad at myself. I had trouble getting a hold of my emotions. I shouldn't have drink that much. It really was a bad idea.

"Y-you should do it." mumbled the person next to me.

I frowned. It wasn't Sanha's voice. I wipe few more tears, looking at the person.

My heart died as soon as I could make a sense of the figure in front of me.

"Oh ." My voice was almost silent.

I didn't talk out loud when he's right next to me, right?

.
.
.

"M-Maybe he's waiting for you to do the first steps?" added Minhyuk.

My breathing was gone. My cheeks were burning. I never felt this ashame in my life.

I frowned. He said he was waiting for me to do something? Do I understand correctly?

"But you have Jiyong. I can't. I would never."

Minhyuk looked away. I noticed he was playing with his fingers, as if he was stressed.

"Hm... About Jiyong. We broke up few days ago."

My eyes became bigger.

"What? Are you okay? Do you need to talk about it? Do I need to beat his ?"

Anger quickly appeared. Minhyuk chuckled next to me.

"I'm okay. It was mutual. I couldn't live like this hyung. I'm sorry I didn't told you before. I-I didn't know you felt this way."

Minhyuk blushed next to me. My heart finally started to beat again, at a crazy speed.

"I'm also sorry I listened to your discussion with Sanha. I swear I wasn't planning on it. I was in the kitchen when I heard you two. When I realized you were a mess I... My ears instinctively listened."

I closed my eyes, then sighed.

"I-I can't do it right now. I'm drunk. I can't confess like this. It would be the worse memory ever."

Minhyuk smiled next to me.

"I don't need a confession. I just want to be sure I understood correctly."

I smirked, shyly. My heart was going crazy again.

"You're not joking me, right?" I added.
"I should be the one asking this. I've had a crush on you since forever."

We chuckled. I knew my cheeks were red.

"Tomorrow night, let's go on a date." said Minhyuk with a wide smile.

I nodded.

When I finally went to sleep that night, it felt like everything was a dream. It can't be real. Did I really confessed to Minhyuk? Are we really going on a date tomorrow?

My head was spinning.

 

 

... ...

 

 

"Come on, please wake up. We need to leave soon."

I felt someone shaking my body. I grunt, half asleep.

"Wann' sleep. Don't wann' wake up." I mumbled, while hugging my pillow.

"Stop acting like a baby. You knew we had this when you got your drunk. I told you you would need to come. Now's the time to face the consequences."

I pouted.

"You're unfair, hyung."

I opened my eyes slowly, to see a pissed Dongmin.

"Wake up while I'm being nice. I'll go get Jinwoo otherwise and you won't smile as much."

I sighed, then sat on my bed.

"Now, don't be so mean. I'm waking up. See?"

Dongmin left the bedroom, while I massage my head. Hello headaches from hell. Why did I drink this much already? It was such a bad idea.

I stood up a moment later and went directly in the shower. I took a quick breakfast and run outdoor where the rest of Astro was waiting for me.

As soon as Minhyuk noticed me, he winked at me while smiling softly. My heart raced hard. 

Oh .
Right. That happened yesterday. And I'm going on a date later. 
I should prepare something. Where should we eat? Should I reserve a restaurant?

I let my friends sit in the car first. As usual, Sanha sat with Dongmin and MJ sat next to Jinwoo. I knew this would happened. We were car buddies since years - but I was still shy.

I sat down, looking at my feet. I could feel my face burning. I won't be able to survive the day. I'll just melt next to him.

How was I able to move and flirt with him before? I must have been crazy. That courage disappeared yesterday night. Now that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter