Chapter 5

35,040 hours
Please log in to read the full chapter

There's something about Slovenia that made Wendy calm. Well, Canada was her favorite but Slovenia is different too. It's not because of the air that was relaxing, or the scenery in front of her, but the peaceful atmosphere that was brought to her made the girl contented.

 

Even if she's really not.

 

She sat on a bench and inhaled deeply as she stared at the stars that was shining above her. It had been nearly an hour since she left the bar and her beating heart never recovered ever since their unexpected meeting.

 

She stared at the kids who were running around at the playground. The kids didn't even care that it's night already. They were playing underneath the stars and it was a lovely sight to see.

 

Kids.

 

"Hyunnie, are you okay?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Unnie, there's something wrong. What is it?"

 

"It's nothing."

 

"Please."

 

"Fine. Don't give me that pout."

 

"Why are you blushing?"

 

"Because you're forcing me to tell it to you!"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I'm just saying... that if-if we got married, I want to have a kid."

 

"So you're not mad at me?"

 

"No! I'm just embarrassed."

 

"For wanting to have a kid? We can always have a kid someday, babe."

 

"But how?"

 

"There are so many ways, Hyun. There's so many options. Whichever way it is, I want to build a family with you."

 

"Wow, you always make me fall for you. How can you do that?"

 

"It's a secret, love."

 

Wendy can't even remember how much time she spent sitting on a bench while she watched the stars. To be honest, she doesn't even know what she's doing with her life right now. Her eyes were filled with tears that was threatening to fall.

 

"Joohyun-ah, I still miss you."





 

*****

 

Irene massaged her throbbing head with her left hand while her right hand searched for her phone. Drinking while having a headache was never a good idea. She shook her head, remembering where she left her phone. She glanced at her wrist watch; it's already midnight and she's still walking around the hotel like she didn't have a head ache.

 

She needs some sleep. A lot of sleep.

 

She willed herself to stop thinking about Wendy just for a minute but her mind betrays her.

 

She's your roommate, you idiot.

 

Oh yes, how can she stop thinking about Wendy when she would be living in the same room with the girl for three weeks.

 

As Irene neared the door to her hotel room, she felt stiff and uncomfortable. She could feel her heartbeat; every single pound in her chest. The beating gets louder and louder, and surely if there is something there, it can hear the cacophonous thrumming rhythm.

 

She just stared in front of the fancy door that was the only thing separating her from the painful past. Irene searched her bag for her key card, not realising that it was on her pocket.

 

Be strong Irene. You did this to yourself.

 

With one final sigh, she grabbed the card from her pocket and tapping it on the sensor of the door.

 

As she walked towards her bedroom, she heard a familiar sound coming from the small table beside the huge windows.

 

I left my phone here?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter