Chapter 3

35,040 hours
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Can I come? Are you okay with travelling alone?” Joy worriedly furrowed her eyebrows at her best friend while she packed the clothes and things for her.

 

“I’m sure I’ll be fine. There’s nothing to worry about.” Wendy said as she checked her luggage and clothes that she’s going to wear later, “Don’t worry, I’ll buy you some souvenirs.”

 

“I don’t need some souvenir. I’m your secretary! I should come with you.”

 

“You're my father's secretary, and it’s really okay, Joy.” Wendy gave her friend a small smile before continuing to check the things she’s bringing to the trip.

 

“Unnie, don’t work too much and get some sleep.”

 

Wendy heard the softness on Joy’s and she suddenly stopped what she’s doing. She chuckled and looked at her best friend who looked like on the verge of tears. She approached Joy and patted her head affectionately. “I’m not gonna be gone forever. It’s just three weeks.”

 

“But we’ll miss you!”

 

“Just take care of Seulgi. Buy her some pringles or something.”

 

“You’re the one who always buy her pringles.”

 

“Joy, you should-“

 

“It’s…Europe, unnie. You’re going there again. I'm just worried.”

 

Ah, yes. Europe. The place where she got hurt. The place where she has been left behind by the woman that she loves. The place was beautiful, but her memories there weren’t as nice as she remember. Going to that place is the last things she ever wanted, but since her father is sick, she needs to do it for him.

 

No matter how Wendy hid her pain from the grins and smiles that she shows, Joy can’t fail to notice the different gestures of her friend. To say that her friend was in pain was an understatement. Wendy is broken and it may be impossible to repair her again.

 

“If you need help, call Seulgi, or call me, or your sister, or- ”

 

Wendy chuckled and ruffled Joy’s hair “Aigoo, you’re younger than me but you act like my mom.”

 

"I'll hate you if you get hurt." Joy held her best friend in a tight embrace, which Wendy returned with a smile.

 

 

 

*****

“Unnie! You’re here!”

 

Wendy just arrived from a long hour flight and she didn’t get some sleep on the way to Europe. She’s tired and her head felt like shutting down, but when she saw Yeri running towards her, her body felt more alive. She’s like looking at a kid who’s excited to see her. She was going to greet the latter but the younger girl hugged her so tight that she almost fell onto the floor of the airport.

 

“Unnie, we were waiting for you. I thought your flight was the same as ours.”

 

"Babe, can you let Wendy unnie go? I think she can't breathe."

 

"Oh. Sorry." Yeri immediately pulled away from their hug and smiled shyly at Wendy. "She easily gets excited, especially when she's travelling." Saeron approached Wendy and gave the latter a gentle pat on her shoulder.

 

"Sorry about my lack of response. I'm just really tired."

 

"Well, now that you've mentioned it, your father wanted us to stay at the same hotel of the other CEOs. Let's go!"

 

The three had been talking non-stop while going to their hotel. It's amazing how this trip is for business but they're just plainly hanging out just like some old friends. Wendy learned so many things about the couple, like, Yeri is very clingy and Saeron is more quiet. Yeri likes to kiss her girlfriend's cheeks every time she blush and Saeron likes to hold her girlfriend's hand if she feels shy. They were too cute and Wendy felt like a third wheel from all the cheesiness that was happening inside the car.

 

"You're so cute."

 

"No unnie, you're the cuter one."

 

"If I'm the cuter one, then

Please log in to read the full chapter