Chapter 4

35,040 hours
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So you're not going back to Seoul after this? What about your business? You're just staying here?"

 

"Woah, Jennie, one question at a time." Irene poured a liquor in her glass

 

"So you're really staying here? Irene, you have a business!"

 

"I know." Irene stared at her glass before downing the shot in one go. She signalled at the bartender to pour more liquor in her glass. "I can take care of my business even if I live here."

 

Irene, you're going crazy. Jennie stared at Irene who's drinking her liquor in just one go.

 

"Why would you stay here?"

 

"Slovenia is memorable for me, so don't ask me again."

 

"Woah, don't snap at me. You're getting tipsy."

 

The two girls sat at the hotel's bar as they waited for Yeri, Saeron, and their new 'buddy' as they said. Irene had just arrived one hour ago with a huge pain in her body, but as soon as Jennie had seen her go out from her car, her friend had dragged her immediately towards the bar.

 

And now that they have been drinking for a few minutes now, the slight kick of the alcohol had managed to calm her mind and her tired body.

 

"I want to go to Canada."

 

"You're tipsy."

 

"It's your fault."

 

"So, Korea or Slovenia?"

 

"Wannie. I choose Wan."

 

"What the hell? Why the hell are you even mentioning-"

 

"Hey, you."

 

The two girls turned their heads towards the newcomer and instantly smiled.

 

"Yeri!" Irene and Jennie hugged her briefly before sitting beside Irene. "Wait, where is Saeron?"

 

"She's asleep. I let her sleep because I care for her and I love her so-"

 

"Stop! Oh my God, you're so cheesy." Jennie faked a gag at the younger girl and earned herself some glare, while Irene on the other hand, smiled at her friend's sweetness and felt a sting in her eyes and a lump in .

 

This is torture. She had a relationship just like that, but she was an idiot to let it go.

 

She had just stepped in Slovenia again, for their so-called business trip. It's been a long time since she visited this place again and she's been avoiding the time to come, since this is the place where she committed the biggest mistake in her life. Irene silently mourned over her stupidity and selfishness, but it was too late.

 

It was four years.

 

Four years too late.

 

"Yeri, where's your new friend?"

 

“Can you wait unnie? You’re so impatient. I know that-”

 

"Hi, sorry I took so long."

 

“Oh you're here!”

 

Irene had snapped back to reality when she heard a familiar gentle voice. The four, almost five years to be exact, of not seeing and hearing each other cannot beat her memory of the sweetest voice in the world. Her body froze and her heartbeat became fast when she saw the person who she was longing to see for so many years. She felt her lungs being out as she tried to keep herself calm and composed, but with Wendy standing there, Irene begged herself to be seated and not to hug the girl that was standing in front of her.

Please log in to read the full chapter