Jeogiyo

Chasing Lights (EXO Fan Fiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed by and everything was all set for the We Are Genesis Concert. She just went out of her private office that was behind the main Genesis building. Everyone thought it was a vacant space stretching from the 1st to the 11th floor but it was actually her own space complete with all the amenities that she needs. Only a hidden door connected it to the main building. She would usually go down to her basement but since she'll be walking to the hospital today, she decided to take the exit on the ground floor.

 

She always made sure she was unnoticeable, hidden under caps and oversized sweatshirts or hoodies. Only her ID which she wore when she has to go to the main building could identify her to be of Genesis.

 

Today she was donned in a pink hoodie, only her eyes showing above the mask. There were fans in the lobby so she had to find her way to the other side to avoid getting trapped.

 

She dodged to the side when she almost hit some employees walking past her. She's a very small lady compared to average Koreans so she's always quick to protect herself when walking in public.

 

She was about to go on her way when she felt a sudden tug at her sleeve. 

 

"Jeogiyo.", she heard a deep voice. The man walking behind the employees turned to face her. 

 

Her eyes slightly widened when she saw who it was. 

 

The man's forehead wrinkled while trying to look closely at her. After some squinting, recognition flashed in his eyes.

 

"Found you.", he said in a heavy and serious tone. 

 

 

 

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to him while squeezing through the employees ahead of them.

 

"Hold on. Park Chanyeol-ssi.", she tried to break free from his grip but he was strong. 

 

She was thinking of ways to stop him from dragging her without being rude but twas too late, they were already inside the practice room. 

 

Chanyeol announced to s, "Ya. I found her. ", his voice now less heavier.

 

He successfully got their attention. 

 

"Kapjagi?", Suho said. He was startled for a bit then his eyes became inquisitive. 

 

They were obviously on a break, scattered around the room doing their thing, but now all eyes are on her.

 

She was not one to get easily affected by looks but having them stare at her closely somehow altered her reactions. It felt like her heart went from beating normally to staying still. Cold and still.

 

She swept a look at them. They weren't made up or wearing anything special but it didn't undermine their presence — and it didn't help how she felt. Their strong presence and the stillness of her heart was slowly becoming overwhelming.

 

She stood expressionless on Chanyeol's side while all the other members shot her a long, curious stare.

 

"That really her?", Baekhyun asked. He is known to be all-bubbly around the members but observing them through the monitors since they arrived at Genesis, he was one to shut off strangers easily especially when the person isn't related to them in any way. Right now, he looked a bit intimidating. The corners of his lips were slightly curved up but his eyes looked bored.

 

She was only able to get out of the sticky situation last time because Senchuan ordered one of her secret bodyguards to make a distraction by "accidentally" falling over Kai. The bodyguard made sure Kai was not hurt but it was enough to get Chanyeol's and Minseok's attention. Looks like there's no escape for her today. 

 

"Ne. It's her.", he sounded calmer from a moment ago.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo.", Kyungsoo who was closest to them was the first to greet her. His voice was thicker and lower in person. He smiled politely and bowed his head. His presence makes one feel warm and secured. There was this feeling of distance yet assurance, it draws you in. That's how his side of the room always felt even when she was observing them.

 

"Kwaenchanayo?, Chen asked. "You look like you've been dragged here involuntarily.", he laughed a little but concern can be seen in his eyes.

 

She figured she can't just stand there and stare at them. "Kwaenchanayo. Annyeonghaseyo.", she also bowed to Chen and Kyungsoo.

 

"Ah. Majayo! You weren't able to tell us yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter