Prologue

Chasing Lights (EXO Fan Fiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I will treat you as Anna's real daughter. You are now our real family. And from now on, I will always have your back.", Raymond Lee was staring at her with tears threatening to flow from his olive green eyes. 

 

She stood frozen two meters away from him holding the jade urn that contained one of the most precious memories she has ever had — the beautiful soul that was Anna – her adoptive mom.

 

All her bottled and deeply kept emotions were welling up until she couldn't hold it in anymore. She walked - walked slowly towards him, gently tucked her head on his shoulders, and melted away in a mixture of sob, wailing and tears as she finally mourns, still holding the urn tightly between her arms.

 

Raymond patted her back gently. "Anna chose you well. She knew how precious you are. Don't ever let anything make you feel otherwise.", he whispered to her as he himself allowed the tears to fall from his eyes.

 

"I... I miss her...", she said almost inaudibly. Tears kept flowing like the ocean from her eyes. She was crying all the grief, pain, suffering and hurt that she has kept buried in the deepest part of her heart for the last eight years. Anna was her savior, and now, she too, was gone."I know. I know, child. We all do. But you have me now. You have us. I will not leave you easily.", he said as he gently her hair.

 

When she looked up to meet the eyes of Anna's eldest brother, she saw the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter