Chapter VI : Ending with him

I don't date my co-worker

He hasn't chasing after you for a while since he got warned from your parents, but he never missed to make you a phone call or leave you sweet message.

.....

Today during lunch break, you accidentally heard Minyun was talking on phone with Jonghyun. That moment you found out that Minhyun is Jonghyun’s good friend and he kept telling about you to Jonghyun that’s why Jonghyun can know almost everything of your activities. You were so angry to hear. You phoned Jonghyun asking him to meet after work. You thought you would talk with him for the last time. Jonghyun was so excited to receive your call and appointment. He left work early just to go to wait for you to leave work. When he saw you finished work and were walking to him. He waved and smiled to you. You didn’t smile nor response to his greeting. You just entered his car and remained silent until reached the restaurant you both booked for dinner tonight.

[ At an Italian Restaurant ]

Jonghyun ordered many good food and you were just sitting with your firm facial expression. He kept talking to you a lot but you remained silent for a long moment then you decided to talk to him.

“Jonghyun-shi, let me come straight to the point! You know I really can’t stand with you anymore. I’m so sick of your sudden care and love. You even make Minhyun-shi report everything about me. Don’t you think you’re too much? We’re not lovers. You’ve no right to do like this to me. I really want you to stop all of these stupid acts. You’re a director. Can’t you understand this simple thing? You should be ashamed when a girl keeps chasing you like this. Are you already losing your fame?” you kept speaking out bad words even you didn’t really mean it. You just wanted to make him hurt and stopped disturbing you. You saw how he lost his smile on his face but you didn’t bend down.

“Why are you not replying? You were talking a lot earlier. Say something, Director-nim!” you volume up your voice to him. He lifted his face and closed his eyes for a while, looked like he tried to hold the tears from coming out. After he seemed to be able to control himself, he talked to you. “I got it. You really have no way to forgive and accept me. I’ll stop coming and stalking you. Let’s just finish dinner and let me send you home for the last time! From tomorrow I won’t disturb you anymore.” he tried to fake a smile. You were shocked at first when he agreed with you this fast but you wanted it to end so you accepted his last offer. You ate the nice dinner with him then let him send you back home.

When you arrived at your home, you quickly got out from his car without even saying thank you. You wanted to enter the house right away but he suddenly called you from behind. You turned around to look at him. You tried your best to keep showing your firm facial expression to him while your inside was crying already.

“Can I just kiss you for the last time? Just this last time and I won’t disturb you anymore.” he requested with his tearful eyes and slowly approached you. This made your heart soften a bit and you almost ruined everything but you tried to keep being firm. “Fine! Just a kiss for someone I used to love. It’s no meaning for me. Just kiss and leave!” you roughly said.

He held your waist, making your body close to him without having any space between you both. Then he landed his lips on yours and softly kissed you. You got lost by his kiss as you always love it so much. You were feeling so good that your arms were automatically wrapped over his neck and your lips soon welcomed his lips. You both were kissing sweetly in front of your house without caring you were still outside. After a while, he released the kiss and hugged from you. “Thank you! I’m leaving now. I’ll do like I promised you. Take care!” he dropped a few tears before turning to leave from you. You stepped a few steps without realizing you did. You almost lost your commitment to chase him away. You wanted to stop him but you tried to fight with your heart desire. He entered the car. He turned to smile to you then drove away. You fell down on the ground crying after he left. You felt regret somehow but you didn’t want to take back your decision. You went in your room and kept crying for the whole night.

-----

From that night, he never appeared to disturb you anymore. He didn’t call you either. You were hurt though this is what you wanted. You thought he finally gave up on you. Every day you’re not happy. You always look sad and silent but you refused to share it with your family and friends.

It has been like half month already that you both didn’t contact nor see each other. You still didn’t move on yet but you felt a bit better than the recent period you both agreed to stop seeing each other.

-----