The Meeting

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun woke up at 7 in the morning, much to her disgruntlement. She planned to wake up a little bit late since she only managed to fell asleep at dawn but she couldn't. She blamed the adrenaline for waking her up before her alarm, knowing full well what this day meant for her.

She tried to close her eyes and catch a few more winks, but her body was uncooperative. Knowing it was futile, Jieun hauled herself from the bed and started to get ready for the day. 

She decided to make a glass of warm milk for her breakfast, then spent her extra time by watching TV. 

When it was finally time to go, Jieun took a quick shower before went to her closet. Since the temperature was still cold outside, Jieun donned a white shirt and threw a warm oversize cardigan as an outer. She also wore a light blue boyfriend jeans and paired it with white shocks and white sneakers. She wears her long black hair down and only applied a minimum amount of make up. 

It was a very casual look, but since it was supposed to be an informal formal meeting, it doesn't really matter what she's wearing. Yoongi and her probably would go straight to work and brainstorm an idea for their collaboration anyway, so it was safe to choose something comfortable to wear. 

It was 12.30 p.m when her manager came to pick her up to drive her to Bighit. Jieun grabbed her backpack that contained her notebook, stationary, ipad, and some of her personal stuff like wallet, phone and lipbalm then slinging it to her shoulder before making her way out.  

She was still 15 minutes early when she arrived at the building. It was her first time ever visiting Bighit, and she was quite excited. She knew that it wasn't that long ago that Bighit moved their company to this massive building. Bighit has seen a historical growth ever since BTS became one of the most successful boy groups in the world. It was a big accomplishment and she was pretty amazed. 

When they arrived at the receptionist desk, the young receptionist whose name is Jo Minah from what Jieun read on her nametag seemed quite excited when she saw her. It looked like that she had been told of her arrival and knew why she was there without her having to say it. Jieun convinced her manager that she could go by herself from that point and that she would contact him to pick her up later.

After her manager left, Minah led her to the elevator and pressed the button to the 7th floor. She didn't waste the chance to engage Jieun in a small conversation. The talkative girl admitted to be a big fan of her and that she really loves her songs. The kind and humble Jieun of course responded warmly to the bubbly girl, she always love engaging with her fans anyway.

When the elevator arrived, Minah walked Jieun to a room at the end of the corridor. She stopped in front of the door and knocked it twice before opening it and invited Jieun to enter. Jieun didn't forget to thank the nice girl before she excused herself and left. 

The room that she was in turned out to be some kind of meeting room with big tables on the center of the room and a chairs surroundings it. There's already two occupants in the room, Yoongi and Bang PD. 

Bang PD sat at the head of the table and Yoongi sat to his right, they seemed to have wait for her arrival. Jieun's eyes landed on Yoongi first, and he gave her a faint smile of acknowledgement, so she smiled back in return. 

She then turned her attention to Bang PD, and was fascinated to finally see Bang PD in person. The man behind BTS's success and the legend himself.

"Good afternoon, Jieun-ssi. Please, have a seat," Bang PD smiled warmly at Jieun. 

Jieun nodded and smiled politely then took a seat next to Yoongi. 

"It's very nice to meet you, Mr Bang."

"Aigoo.. No need to be so polite. You can just call me Bang PD." 

She nodded and called again with genuine smile. "Yes, Bang PD." 

Bang PD told her that he was very happy and excited when her company contacted them for this collaboration. He also told her that he loves her work and that he couldn't wait for the outcome of her collaboration with Yoongi. Jieun felt honor of course, that he acknowledge her as an artist. Just like what Jieun expected, Bang PD is a very kind and warm person. 

After a little chit chat, Bang PD excused himself and left the two alone so they can get closer and start brainstorming. They waited until they was sure that Bang PD had already left before gave a look at each other then burst out laughing. 

"Yah, why your expression is like that?" Yoongi said, in between laughter.

"I can ask you the same thing." Jieun slapped his arm playfully. 

"Aigoo.. I teared up from too much laughing." He dabbed his tear up eyes with his fingers.

"I never thought that pretending not to know each other is harder than acting in a drama. Do you know how many times I almost burst into laughter?" Jieun mirrored his action, dabbing her own eyes.

"Harder than I expected," he managed to say after composing himself. "I didn't even know why we do that. Should have just told Bang PD that we're friends."

"Well, at least since we're working together now it's only natural for us to be friends."

"Yeah.." Yoongi nodded.

"Okay then, should we start working now?" Jieun clapped her hands.

"Sure," Yoongi answered. "Actually I already started working on the track."

"Jinjja?" Jieun took out her notebook and stationery from her bag. "Let's continue from there, then."

They started working right away, brainstorming and exchanging idea. It was fun to work together. There's not many back and forth because they both shared the same ideas, which allowed them to be a great team and merged their creativity.

For Jieun, the procces was probably the most comfortable and casual than any other collaboration that she'd worked on before. Most likely because her partner was Yoongi this time. 

Yoongi suggested that they moved their work to his studio so he can show her the beat that he'd work on. She immediately agreed. She was actually rather curious about his infamous Genius Lab. 

Yoongi waited for her to pack her things back to her backpack. To her surprise, Yoongi grabbed her bag and slinged it over his shoulder. She wanted to protest that she could carry her own bag, but Yoongi just shrugged casually, like it wasn't a big deal. So she let him in the end. 

They were on the way to his studio when Yoongi spotted two familiar face leaning their backs against the wall. Jieun recognized them immediately as Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. 

As soon as they saw Yoongi and Jieun, they both approached them. Taehyung had a grin plastered on his face, on the other hand while Jungkook seemed a little bit shy he also had a smile on his face. 

"Hyung.." Taehyung greeted Yoongi, he raised his eyebrow slightly when he saw Yoongi carried Jieun's backpack but decided to brushed it off for the moment and turned to Jieun then bow slightly. "IU sunbaenim."

"IU sunbaenim," Jungkook too, followed Taehyung's gesture. 

"Aigoo.. What's with the formal greeting? You made me feel old," Jieun waved her hands and answered in a friendly manner. 

Yoongi took an initiative to introduce them. "You probably already knew them, but he's Taehyung or V or whatever you want to call him, and he's our maknae, Jungkook or JK." 

"Of course I know them. Who doesn't?" She smiled at the two, and noticed a slight pink on Jungkook's cheeks.

"It's very nice to meet you," Taehyung smiled charmingly. 

"It's nice to meet you too, V-ssi."

Jungkook looked like he wanted to say something, but his voice failed him. Jieun thought his expression was very cute though, he really reminded her of his younger brother. 

"Are you going to the studio, hyung?" Taehyung turned to Yoongi and asked. 

"Yes."

Jieun didn't fail to notice when Taehyung tried to give Yoongi some kind of signal that she didn't quite understand, but Yoongi seemed to get it immediately. He glanced at Jieun then at Jungkook and back at Taehyung. 

"On second thought, I think I'll need some coffee first," Yoongi suddenly said. 

"What a coincidence, I also need a drink. Can I come with you, hyung?" Taehyung joined in.

"Yes," Yoongi then turned to Jieun who was giving him a questioning look. "You can wait in the studio, I'll buy you a drink," he then turned to Jungkook. "Jungkook, can you show her the way to my studio? You know the pass."

"Yes hyung, of course," Jungkook answered. 

It could be only her imagination, but she was sure that Jungkook's eyes seemed to lit up at that mome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter