Companion

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Jieun dressed up in an oversized white t-shirt that she had borrowed from Yoongi. The shirt was so big on her that it fell to her thighs and covered her almost invisible black shorts. Unsurprisingly, he was bigger than her even though he wasn’t that tall himself. It was just the fact that Jieun was very petite, she was much smaller in real life than how she appeared on TV.

For some strange reason that Yoongi could never understand, Jieun really liked wearing his clothes. At first, it was just a one-time thing when Yoongi lent her his jacket as she was shivering due to the chill in the air. But then it became a strange habit of hers. In the end, he gave up and just left some of his clothes at Jieun's place for her to wear.

She never told him, but it was because his clothes smelled like him, like calm and peace and a sense of recklessness. She liked that feeling, that's why she liked to wear his clothes.

Jieun recalled Yoongi's words. "If your managers find that you own a random guy's shirt, they're going to think weirdly of you."

But she just shrugged her shoulders, not caring one bit. He wasn't just a random guy for her anyways.

Ever since that night, he had became her safe haven. At first, it only started with them exchanging number, then they started contacting each other only to check on one another. After what happened, Yoongi seemed to couldn't help but being worry about her. It soon became habbit, especially in Jieun's part, that she would contact him whenever she was feeling down or sad. There's even one time when Jieun felt like crying her heart out, it was Hara's 49th day, so she called Yoongi. Yoongi whose worried about her decided to came over, and she gave him her address without thinking because she really thought that she needed someone to comfort her at that moment before she became insane from the overflowing emotion. Those one time became two, two became three, three became four, and so on. Soon, they started to meet up frequently, usually only for talking or just hanging out like normal friends.

Even though it only been two and half months since their first meeting, they got used to each other rather quickly. It was crazy how their friendship had grown since then. They went from just mere sunbae-hoobae to each other's close companions. They found shelter in each other; an ear to listen to, a shoulder to cry on, and a reason to laugh when they needed it.

It wasn't every day that Jieun could easily trust someone whom she had only known for a few months. But she just did, Yoongi just had that effect on her. She just knew that she could trust him. For Yoongi's case, she was actually surprised that they got along so well and how easy it was to talk with him, considering that he was famous for being an introvert and didn't socialize much in general. But in reality he wasn't like that at all. She could see that behind his cold facade, he's actually very warm and caring. She still didn't know why he'd hang out with her though. She assumed it could be because he was there at her breaking point so of course his bleeding heart just couldn't ignore her. Whatever the reason was, she still grateful nonetheless. 

Jieun knew even though Yoongi didn't like to admit it, but he also often wear the clothes that she borrowed just because he loved the subtle scent of her perfume that lingered on them. He complained about his members who did question about it a few times because the scent didn't smell like the colognes that he usually preferred and it was too feminine to be his and how he always tried to brush it off whenever they ask with his nonchalant attitude. Even so, he still lent her his clothes, so she knew that he didn't mind. In fact she was quite proud that her mere presence also brought him comfort as well, whether he want to admit it or not. 

Jieun was making herself a cup of tea while was listening to 'Shadow', Yoongi's new single for BTS's album. She really liked that song, Yoongi had a nice singing voice even though he didn't show it often. Besides, she could really relate with the lyrics. As Jieun hummed along, she shrieked in surprise when her door jolted open, but was relieved when she saw that it was just Yoongi. Yes, they knew each other passcodes by now. Or rather, Yoongi knew hers since he still lived with s despite them having more than enough money to buy their own place. So it wouldn't be a good idea for her to suddenly show up at their dorm.

She heard that he never told s about his friendship with her, not that he wanted to hide it. But he just didn't find the need to tell them, besides it would be complicated to explain his first meeting with her, which included their heart to heart conversation, and he felt like it wasn't only his story to tell and if she was being honest, she really appreciated how considerate he was. Yoongi is one thing, but she didn't think she could afford another people knowing about her meltdown moment. 

"Ahh, you're here," she smiled at him and made her way to the living room with a cup of tea in her hands.

Yoongi put the plastic bag that he was holding on the coffee table. "I brought you the liver and omasum that you asked."

Her face lit up. "Great.. Thanks Yoongi-ah."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter