Suspicion

Persona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun hadn’t slept this well in a while. She didn’t wake up from a nightmare even once, and she didn't even took a sleeping pill or her antidepressants medication the night before. It was an improvement and she was glad about that.

Amidst the sleep induced haze, she wondered what woke her up from her restful sleep. She pried her eyes open, noticing that the sun was filtering through the sheer drapes that covered the french window that led to her balcony. It is then that the soft sounds of snores gained her attention, along with the feeling of someone lying beneath her.

Jieun startled, her eyes widened when she realized that Yoongi was lying beneath her, sound asleep. She wondered how they had ended up in this position and remembered how she had fallen asleep on his shoulder last night. She watched his relaxed face, noticing how his hair was mussed up from sleep. His cheek was squished adorably against one of the cushions resting against the couch. His presence brought comfort to Jieun, a sense of peace that enveloped her whole being and dripped down her fingertips.

The moment was shattered when a rhythmic vibration came from the table. She sneaked out of his hold, stifling a giggle when Yoongi’s face scrunched up, but he turned, arms coming to clutch another cushion to his chest. It was her phone that was buzzing, she peeked at the screen only to see her manager’s name light it up. The phone icon was tilting from left to right in the center, as if waiting for her to pick up the phone.

Jieun glanced at BTS’s rapper, who was still soundly asleep. She reached out to pick up the phone, but the buzzing stopped and then started again. She held the phone in her hand and tiptoed to her bedroom to answer it.

“Hello?"' she mumbled into the receiver.

“IU,” her manager sounded relieved, as if he was worried about her not picking up the phone. “Is everything okay?”

“Yes oppa,” she said, peeking from the open door of her bedroom into the living room, leaning a bit so she could catch a glimpse of Yoongi who hadn’t moved an inch. “Why, is anything wrong?”

“No, I was just worried that you didn’t pick up my calls. I had been calling all morning and even left a few texts,” his reply was rushed, almost breathless.

She pulled away the phone from her ear, tapping the screen and sure enough, there were ten missed calls and fifteen messages from him. She got a good idea of why he sounded so worried.

“I’m sorry, I was sleeping and my phone was on silent. Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?” She sighed and leaned against the wall, looking out of a window, down at the street, watching the people briskly walk by, probably on the way to their jobs. She wondered for a moment what it would be like to be a normal person with a normal job, but then realized that she liked being who she was, even if it got tough at times.

“Well, there is something that the company has been planning to do for a while now, and I think it’s the best time to do it,” he said quietly.

“What is it about? I thought we'd go on hiatus for a while.” Jieun’s heart was beating, nervous about what it was that they had been planning for a while. A drama? An album? A movie? Something else?

"I know, and I'm sorry for disturbing your rest time. But the CEO has been pestering me for a while now and I think you'll also like this project." Jieun could hear his excitement from the other side of the phone. "It would be better if you could come to the company so we can talk face to face about it.”

“It's alright, I will be there in an hour or so. It's not like I have something better to do anyway.” After finishing the call, she headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After that she went into the kitchen, heading straight to the coffee pot, filled the decanter with water, poured it in, spooned in the grounds, got out a cup and clicked the ‘start’ button. She doesn't drink coffee, but Yoongi does. In fact, he was the reason why she bought a brand new coffee maker for her kitchen. Jieun made a cup of coffee for him and a tea for herself.

Having heard the noise, Yoongi stirred, squinting one eye open to see that Jieun was bustling around in the kitchen, ready to go somewhere.

“Are you going somewhere?” He questioned, his voice still husky and low from sleep.

Jieun hummed, “My manager wants to see me for something. I wonder what it is, he seemed quite excited about the prospect.”

“Oh,” he mumbled, nodding his head in acknowledgement.

Jieun smiled at his sleepy demeanor, whipping up a quick breakfast for the both of them before they had to leave to their respective schedules.

"I'm sorry, this is the only thing that I can manage to make in just a short amount of time." Jieun said in between munching her blueberry jam toast.

"It's okay, I don't usually eat breakfast anyway, and we both know that you're not the best cook. Remember the last time you tried to make curry? You almost set your kitchen on fire." He said in a teasing manner.

Jieun rolled her eyes and kicked his foot lightly from under the table which resulted in a groan from him.

"Yah, it was just that one time and it was because I forgot to turn off the stove. I'm usually not that bad, you know."

"Sure.." Yoongi answered, obviously unconvinced. 

"Yah, are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter