06.

Apartment

 


 

'Somin can you just tell me what happened? This is third time in a row you've called me out for drinks,' Seonho whined. Somin had been drinking till she out while Seonho was left to settle the bill and then proceed to carry her home. This not only affected her health but also her work ethic. She would either call in sick or ask to stay at her desk and complete paper works. She doesn't greet anyone nor she is aware of her surrounding which has led to her name being on their seniors' blacklist. But most important of them all she has stopped smiling. 

'Nothing happened. I just want to drink with my longtime friend, Kim Seonho,' she replied. 

'You can sell that bull somewhere else because I'm not buying it,' he glared at her. 'Seriously, I'm here to listen to you so just tell me.'

'I don't want to talk about it and if you're going to keep pestering me you might as well just leave.' She chugged on her fifth beer of the night. 

Seonho sighed in defeat, he wanted to know what caused her to behave this way but he also wanted to respect her privacy. If she didn't want to tell him right now then he won't ask her. For now it seemed like she needed a drinking friend more than her logical friend. 'Fine you win, let's dink up,' he grabbed his jug of beer and drank. 

 

'Can you just stop moving around, it's hard for me to carry you,' Seonho yelled for the millionth time. 

'I want to drink more, where are you taking me?' Somin cried as she fidgets on Seonho's back. 

'No more drinking for tonight, I'm taking you home.' 

'But I need more soju and beer!'

'What you need is sleep and water,' Seonho said.

'No, what I need is Changwook,' she muttered.

'Changwook? Who's that?' he asked.

'A bad person.'

'Why would you need a bad person?' he laughed.

'Sometimes we need someone like that.'  

Luckily for Seonho she soon fell asleep on his back which made things a lot more easier for him. He walked inside her apartment and to her bedroom. He slowly laid her on the bed and took off her shoes and socks. He tucked her inside her duvet and carefully closed her bedroom door to make sure he doesn't wake her up. As he left her apartment he comes face to face with a guy across him. He's staring at Seonho with what seems like jealousy? 

'Can I help you?' Seonho asks.

'No,' he mumbled and slammed the door on Seonho's face.

'Ahh it must be that rude neighbour Somin had told me about. He really is a jerk,' Seonho stared at Changwook's door for a minute and walked away.

 


 

After hurting Somin so badly Changwook didn't feel like staying at home anymore. The more he stayed there the more it reminded him of that hurt look on her face and that crushed his heart everyday. He would take walks, go to the PC room, drink by himself, anything to help him forget about Somin for just one second. But there was nothing that helped, nothing at all. Today he was resorting back to drinking, he walked over to the nearest convenience store and grabbed a few bottle of soju. As he made his way back to his apartment he heard Somin's door opening.

'Oh ,' he thought and the rush of wanting to open his door made him drop his key behind him. He turned around and quickly picked it, he was now facing a man he remembers seeing before. But what was he doing leaving Somin's apartment at this time? He glared at him and though he wanted to question him he knew that he was in no position to. 

'Can I help you?' he called out.

'Ha. Help me? Answer me this, why the hell are you coming out of that apartment right now.' But all that came out of his mouth was a quite, 'No,' and he slammed the door on his face.

He walked over to his monitor and turned it on. To his surprise this mystery man was staring right back at him. As if he knew he was being looked at right now but soon enough he left. So Somin seems to be handling herself much better than he thought, she's already moved on. No matter how many times he tried saying to himself that it's fine he couldn't help but feel bitter. He glanced over to the vase rested on top of his kitchen counter and smiled. He had put the bouquet he received from Somin on display and she was right, it indeed made his apartment look lively. He leaned back on his sofa and turned his tv on. No more thinking about Somin. 

Changwook had finished two bottles of soju and was onto his third bottle when he heard a knock on his front door. He looked over at his clock which showed 1:45am. He walked over to his monitor to find Somin standing outside his door. 'What was she doing here?' he walked over to this front door to open it when he stopped. He can't let her in, otherwise all his lies will go to waste. He turned around and was about to walk away when Somin called out his name.

'Ji Changwook,' softly at first, 'Yah! Ji Changwook!' her voice got louder and louder.

'Open the damn door.' She banged on his door. 

By the noise she was making right now he knew there will be complaints but he still resisted. 

'Please open the door. I need to talk to you right now,' she cried. 

Why is she crying? Did something happen? Maybe with that guy he saw? No, he couldn't be weak right now. 'Get a hold of yourself Changwook.' And he started walking towards his bedroom. 

 


 

Somin groaned in pain as she rubbed the temples of her forehead. She needed to stop drinking so much, these hangovers were the worst way to start of a day but luckily for her today was her day off which meant she had all day to rest. But why was she wearing only a large top and nothing else. But most importantly, why was she in Changwook's bedroom? 'Oh no, oh no, oh no, what did you do Jung Somin you idiot?' She buried her face in his pillow and yelled. 

His door opened and she covered herself with his duvet. 'Oh, you're up,' Changwook's soft voice called out. 'Get up and take this hangover medicine.'

She slowly removed the duvet from her face to meet his eyes. 'Why am I here?' she asked.

'You don't remember?'

'No ..,' her voice trailed. 'Did I do something stupid?' 

'No you didn't,' he assured her. 'I made you soup and rice. Please eat it before you leave. I won't be here till late night so you can leave whenever you feel better.'

'Changwook.' 

'Yeah?'

'I'm sorry.' 

'For what?'

'For doing this to you. I know I'm hurting but by doing this I'm probably hurting you more. I'll make sure this never happens again.'

'How could she be thinking of my feelings even after all I did to her?' Changwook shook his head and responded, 'You have nothing to apologise for. This is nothing compared to what I did so don't ever feel sorry towards me.' He grabbed his jacket and left.

'Ugh Jung Somin, no more alcohol for you from this day onwards,' she whispered to herself. 

She glanced at the medicine and glass of water he brought her. She reluctantly took the medicine and weirdly enough it kind of helped with her headache. She then stood up and walked outside his room after making sure he did indeed leave. Changwook had left her a note near the food he had made for her. You know I'm not a good cook but I hope this soup is somewhat edible. I apologise in advance for its taste. She can't even curse him out if he does things like this. 

She took a sip of the soup and he wasn't lying when he said he wasn't a good cook. But for her this was one of the best soup she had ever tasted. After breakfast she looked around his apartment in search of her missing clothes. She started her search in his living room, there were bottles of soju and snacks lying around. She grabbed a plastic bag and started cleaning the mess when suddenly a storm of memory hit her. 

 

'Please open the door. I need to talk to you right now.' Somin was now sitting in front of his door waiting for him to open the door but he never did. 

'Hey, new neighbour.' Someone called out. 

Somin looked towards her right side to see the creep from apartment 10H waving her over. 

'Come here,' he said. 

'No thank you sir,' Somin shook her head. 

He started walking towards her and kept telling her to come near him. Somin tried to get up and was unable to balance herself. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her waist near him.

'Get off of me,' she yelled as she tried to push him away.

'Don't be like this, I'm just helping you,' he breathed in her ear. 'Let's go to my place, whoever you're waiting for isn't opening the door anyways.' He dragged her but Somin kept fighting back.

'Who said I wasn't going to open the door?' They both turned around to see a raging Changwook. 'Get your hands off my woman!'

'Your woman?' 

'That's right, my woman. Plus she said she wasn't interested in going with you.' 

'Just leave us alone man,' the creep started dragging Somin once again when Changwook grabbed him by his hair and pulled him back. 

'WTF MAN. Let go off me!' he cried out in pain.

'Let go off her first.' 

'Fine fine.' He released his grip on Somin's wrist and she ran behind Changwook for protection. 'Now let go off me.'

'Don't ever grab another woman without their permission you creep,' and with that Changwook swung a punch on his face. 

The creep fell back and covered his bloody nose. He slowly got up and ran back into his apartment. 

'Are you okay?' Changwook turned towards Somin and held her shoulders.

'I'm fine,' she responded but she didn't look okay.

'Come, let's go inside my apartment,' his hands rested on her shoulders as he helped her walk inside his apartment. 

Changwook placed Somin on his sofa and ran to get her a cup of water. He wiped the sweat off her forehead with his sleeves as she sipped the water. 

'Thank you,' she said as she handed him the empty cup back. 

'You're welcome. What did you want to talk about?' he fiddled with the cup as he waited for her answer. 

'I .. I ..,' her eyes fell on the bottle of sojus. 'I need a drink first.' She opened the bottle and chugged on it but a flustered Changwook snatched the bottle from her. 

'Stop. You already seemed to have a lot of to drink,' he said judging by the strong smell of beer coming from her clothes.

'You!' she glared at him.

'Wh .. what?' he asked worriedly.

'Am I really that unlikeable as a woman?' 

'No, you're not. I just see you as a friend.'

'Then why do you have my bouquet on display?' she pouted while pointing at the visible vase. 'You would've thrown it away if you didn't like me.' 

He sighed and replied, 'I'm only telling you this because you seem to be a little too drunk to remember this tomorrow. Fine, I see you as more than a friend but that's exactly the reason why I rejected you.' 

'So you rejected me cause you liked me?' He nodded in response and Somin yelled, 'What kind of bull is that?' 

'Shh. You're going to wake the neighbours,' he covered with one hand and with the remaining hand he placed a finger on his lips to tell her to quiet down.

She pushed his hand away and said, 'Okay I'll be quiet but just tell me this, why are you pushing me away?' 

'I can't keep you happy Somin, I don't want to be a nuisance to you plus you're an amazing person you should be with someone on the same level as you.'

'What a coward thing to say. If you aren't brave enough to take the first step I will.' She leaned in towards his face and held his face in between her hands. But before she could kiss him, she felt something coming towards and she puked on his lap. Now both of them were covered in Somin's puke. 

'I'm sorry,' she covered but she wasn't done yet. She got up and ran towards his bathroom. After a few minutes of puking she walked back out to his living room. Her face was red in embarassment and her head hung low. She couldn't look at him at all. She stood near a corner as if she was a kid who was told to go repent on her behaviour by her mother.

Changwook walked over to her and started wiping the puke on her shirt. 'Take off you shirt,' he simply said.

'Wha .. why?' she panicked.

'So I can wash it,' he chuckled at her cute response.

'Oh right,' She started ing her shirt by the time she was done undressing Changwook was back her a top. 

'Here. Wear this and take take off your skirt too,' he handed her his top which seemed to quite large for her small frame. He walked away to give her privacy. 

'Thank you,' she said as she handed him her dirty clothes.

Now this would be a good time to remind everyone that one of Changwook's weakness is seeing a cute petite woman wearing just an oversized top, preferrably his. So when Somin walked towards him wearing just his top he knew he ed up. He basically handed her his weakness and told her to use it to her advantage. 

'Uh I'll put this in the wash,' he stammered, not knowing where to look. 

'Okay,' she responded not knowing what was going in Changwook's head. 

After he returned he found Somin passed out on his sofa. She looked so peaceful. He bent down next to her and looked at her in awe. He tucked her hair that was blocking her beautiful face and he smiled, he made her feel so happy. He couldn't stop looking at her, she was just so breathtaking. Snapping out of his thoughts he picked her up and placed her on his bed. And then he went to sleep on his sofa. 

 

'Oh my god, how embarassing,' she squealed. 'You really need to stop drinking Somin.' 

She noticed that her clothes were placed on his drying rack on the balcony. 'So he likes me but he thinks he's not worthy of me.' How sad that someone can think that way. To Somin he was perfect, if only he looked at himself the way she looked at him then he would know how precious he really is. 'I can't give up on him. No, I won't give up on him. No matter what he says or does.' She decided she was going to wait in his apartment until he returns.

'Ji Changwook, you think I'm going to give up on you that easy?' she smirked.

 


 

*Image not mine* Credit to original owner.