04.

Apartment

 


 

Somin had managed to stop the bleeding but there was so little to what she could do with her first aid kit. She was worried that Changwook's health would only deteriorate. It had been 8 years since she quit medicine, she was lot rusty than she had expected. 

'This isn't looking good, we need to get to the hospital right now,' she said as she grabbed Changwook's hand but he only stopped her.

'No, I can't tell you the reason .. but we can't go to the hospital. Please .. I know you can help me,' Changwook begged but Somin wasn't convinced. 'I believe in you.' And with just a simple sentence Somin was able to gain back her lost confidence.

'Okay. I'll try my best,' she responded. Though she had limited supplies, her background in medicine allowed her to have advanced equipment than a normal person. She was able to successfully stitch up Changwook's wound and provide the needed medicine. She then dressed his back with a bandage. Changwook had fallen asleep during the process. This made it easier for Somin to do her work. She covered him up with a blanket and cleaned up the mess around him. 

She took his shirt and scarf, and placed them in her washing machine. She made her way back to him and she pulled a chair next to her bed. She looked at Changwook who seemed to be in a peaceful sleep and wondered what exactly happened to him. Was she even in the position to ask him that? Yes she was, she just helped him stitch up a stab wound. Suddenly, his peaceful face turned into a painful scowl and he had started to drench in his own sweat.

Somin went to get a bowl of lukewarm water and a cloth. She put the cloth in the bowl and squeezed out the water from the cloth. She gently wiped his sweat away. 

'Don't leave me, I'm scared mummy,' he called out while grabbing Somin's hand. 

She held his hand and with her other hand she lightly caressed his head. He looked so sad curled up beside her and it almost made Somin want to protect him.

'Shh, I'm not going anywhere.' And that's exactly what she did.   

 

The next morning Changwook woke up feeling extremely tired, he tried to move but the pain was just too much. He sighed as he looked at the ceiling. Where was he? Ah, that's right. He asked his neighbour for a favour yesterday. He must be in her room right now. He turned his head to see Somin sitting beside him, her head rested next to his. Wait, was she holding his hand? He noticed Somin's eyes fluttering, she was waking up.  

'Oh you're awake? How are you feeling?' she asked.

'Uh there's still some pain but much better. Thank you for your help.' 

'Can I ask you something?' Here we go, of course she would be curious about her neighbour showing up at her door at 2am with a stab wound. It would be weird if she wasn't.

'I know what you're going to ask, what happened was ..,' but he was interrupted by Somin.

'No, that's not what I was going to ask. I just wanted to know if you were alergic to abalone.' 

'Abalone? No I'm not. Why?' Changwook was confused. Why wasn't she asking him about the most obvious thing, his wound. 

'Perfect. I'll make you abalone porridge, you keep resting.' Somin got up and left to cook.

'She's one strange woman.' Changwook can't recall the last time he met someone like Somin. Is she just purehearted or clueless? It was the little things like these that made Changwook want to get to know her more. But it was more the reason why he should stay away from her. The more he was involved in her life the more danger she would be put under. He couldn't do that to her, not after what she has done for him. 

After a while Somin returned with a bowl of abalone porridge. She helped Changwook get up and even fed him despite Changwook's continuous complaints. She was doing it again, his heart ached but in a good way. He needed to push her away, right now. 

'Why aren't you asking me about what happened?' he mumbbled. 

'Because it's not my place to, it's clear you don't want to talk about it and I'm not the type to pry on things I shouldn't,' she chuckled.

'Don't treat me so nice, I don't deserve it,' he looked away, he couldn't look at her eyes anymore.

'Nonsense. Everybody deserves to be treated nicely.' 

'Even criminals?' he questioned. 

'No one is born evil, certain situations in life caused them to change.' 

'How are you, a detective, saying this? Don't you meet evil people everyday?' he scoffed.

'I do, but I also meet nice people everyday, like you,' she smiled. 

'I'm not nice, trust me.' 

'You are nice, trust me. I'm a good judge of character.' And Changwook could hear the sincerity in her voice. 

 


 

Changwook had been healing well, it's a good thing his body is rock hard. Somin had been stopping by everyday to change his stitches and making sure he was eating well. She nagged to him about his unhealthy eating choices and reminded him that homemade meals were a much better option than readymade meals. When Changwook told her that he's bad at cooking Somin offered to cook for him everyday. Now, no matter how hard he tried to keep her away from his life it was almost impossible to. It's safe to say he was now emotionally attached to her.  

'Why do you not seperate your trash?' Somin complained once again. 

'Why do I have to? They're all trash at the end of the day,' he nonchalantly responded.

'Are you kidding me? It's very important that you seperate them. Make sure you start doing that from today.' She sternly told him. 

'Okay, okay. Stop nagging and just sit down.' 

She rolled her eyes at Changwook who was sitting on his sofa playing a video game. 

'You really act like a kid sometimes you know?'

'No I don't.' He responded by sticking his tongue out at her.

'Point proven,' she laughed. 'Let me see your stitches, do I need to change them?' 

'Not right now. I'm this close to beating the final boss.' 

'Changwook, this is more important than your stupid game. Let me see it,' she said as she tried to take his top off. 

'No Somin, just wait 5 more minutes.' 

'Stop moving, you're going to hurt yourself,' she climbed on top of him and tried to take his console away while Changwook tried to avoid her. 

'Somin it's you that's hurting me.' He cried.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry,' she panicked and got off. 'Does it hurt bad?' she asked as she examined his wound. 

'Yeah, it hurts .. uh it hurts really bad.' 

She looked up to see Changwook looking at his tv while he continued playing his game. He was faking it. 'You annoying piece of . I thought I actually hurt you.' Changwook froze when he saw her tear up. 

'Are you .. are you crying?' he paused his game and grabbed a tissue. 'I'm sorry I was just joking around.' He placed his hand on her back.

'Got you,' she yelled and slammed him down on his sofa, body facing down. She threw his game console on the other side of her room and pulled his shirt up.

'Well played Jung Somin, well played.' 

'I know,' she smirked. 'Well, your stitches look fine. I don't think I need to change them today.' 

'Are you done?' he asked.

'Yeah, why?' she replied with a hint of fear. 

'Because it's payback time,' he turned around and flipped her body and got on top of her. He started tickling her, knowing she was very ticklish. Somin's eyes teared up with laughter as she begged him to stop. She admitted her defeat and Changwook stood up to get off her but he stepped on something that made him lose his balance. He fell right on top of Somin, his face just an inch away from hers. They stayed still just staring at each other, no one moved, it was as if time stopped for both of them.

Changwook regained himself and tried to get off when Somin grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her. Their lips met and a simple peck soon turned into a fiesty kiss. Somin placed her hands on Changwook's neck while he ran his hands down to her waist. He then proceeded to run his hand down to her thighs. He pulled her up and she wrapped her legs around his hips. Making sure the kiss didn't break Changwook walked towards his room and shut the door behind him. 

 


 

*Image not mine* Credit to original owner.