고백 (Confessions)

영원한 사랑 (Eternal Love) (DISCONTINUED)

NO TO UNDERAGE DRINKING!

FIFTH v.2

 

So then, Saturday came. Shuhua contemplated on how she would go about her day. Sport events are happening in the morning. She had two games to watch much to her dismay, she needed to watch table tennis and volleyball championships. Shuhua packs her tote bag, decided to bring some extra clothes knowing how she could perspire a lot. Packing some and her essentials, Shuhua then prepares her outfit of the day. Battling on looking casual and cool from being a little feminine on her second choice, she went with the former. She’ll bring this girly top in case for the party later.

 

She went out of her room, closing with a soft thud. Walking down to get some water for today when she saw Yuqi.

 

“ Hey Shu! Good morning. You’re early today. “ Yuqi comments as she washes her dish from the amazing breakfast she just had. Shuhua bypassed the Chinese, going for the water in their fridge. Yuqi looks on closely at her sister.

 

“ So how did it go? “ Yuqi asks with caution, Shuhua knew what she was referring to. Shuhua flashes a quick smile. “ It went great, thank you again for your help Yuqi. “ Her sister shifts uncomfortably letting out an uneasy smile of her own. Focusing on her dishes, Yuqi sighs.

When will I tell her? 

The guilt was catching up on her fast.

“ Anyways, I’ll be heading out first. “ Shuhua remarks putting the cold bottle on her bag. Yuqi alarms herself, “ I’ll go with you. “ Then dashes to get her stuff as Shuhua was by the door putting on shoes.

 

“ Did you shower already? “ Shuhua depicts a questionable gaze at Yuqi.

 

“ Yes you little brat! “ Yuqi answers, she figured if it was best to keep it hidden from Shuhua. Then, it will be.

 

But Yuqi had been cursed. She wasn’t aware that their usual morning walks were back on, how could she miss that? Now, the three childhood friends were walking to school together. Shuhua was placed in the middle, the same age friends stood at each side of the youngest. Both were looking away unsubtly, fidgeting. Shuhua notices unusualness, halting at her will.

 

“ Okay, you need to talk cause you both are weird. Like werid-weird. “ Shuhua turns around, now facing her two older sisters, who were shaken from what the youngest said.

 

“ What do you mean? We’re fine! See? “ Yuqi reaches out first, side hugging the other junior to prove their suspected harmony. The blonde just produced a shy smile nodding in agreement.

 

“ If Jinjin says so. “ Shuhua turns away walking ahead from the two. Yuqi immediately released Soojin from that horrendous display of affection. They were both stilled. Unmoving. Not knowing what to do. Yuqi coughs in the tense atmosphere.

 

“ As long as you two are good, we are not talking about it to Shuhua okay? “ Yuqi says with eyes piercing the blonde’s chocolates. Soojin again nodded. They agreed that the youngest Yeh should not find out, they didn’t have the heart to break it to her especially Yuqi.

 

Yuqi smiled slightly, “ Come on, before she suspects anything more. “

 

The pair started walking, wanting to put the past behind. Hoping the youngest forgot it by now.

 

The games were over and Shuhua couldn’t be more happier, well she could be. Especially now that Soojin was heading her way, Shuhua props up from her seat and greeted the junior with a hug. The latter returned the affection, trying her best to ignore the stares Shuhua’s friends have been giving.

 

“ Jinjin! Meet Elkie, and Yeeun and Tzuyu. My friends. Everyone, this is Jinjin. Seo Soojin. “ Although the blonde junior needed no introduction, the aforementioned girls bowed their heads in respect anyways. They knew who Soojin is alright.

 

“ Shu, I need to talk to you for a short while. Alone. “ Soojin pleads not directing the request to Shuhua but to her overwhelming friends who had literally stood behind the youngest Yeh in protection recalling the last events of the two’s time alone.

 

Shuhua feeling that Soojin was intimidated, she decides to side with the girl this time.

 

“ Yeobbun, we are okay now. No need to worry, we will just be over there. Okay? I’ll be quick. “ Without hearing any more protests from her friends, Shuhua flees with Soojin in hand. They were in the sides of the volleyball court when they halted.

 

Soojin looks back on the trio, they were glaring hard. Especially the girl Tzuyu, sending shivers to the junior’s spine. Shuhua clears the air out with her cough.

 

“ So, Jinjin what was it? “ Shuhua asks expectantly, Soojin fell out of her trance and faced the girl in front of her.

 

“ I was wondering if we could talk after the party. I have a lot to say to you. “ Soojin says with a voice unclear, uncertain. Shuhua fails to notice though as she eagerly nods her head in response. Soojin giggles, ruffling the younger’s hair. She makes her exit.

 

“ I’m going to go now, before they eat me alive. Or blast me off from my spot. I’ll see you later Shu. “ Soojin waves at her before running away, catching to her own group who were leaving the court. Shuhua looks on, without a word said but a big smile on her face. She wonders what Soojin would need to disclose to her later.

 

“ Yah Yeh Shuhua what did she say? “ Elkie asks, putting her arm around her friend who was motionless however had a wide grin on the face.

 

“ Cut it out Shuhua, you look like an idiot. “ Tzuyu said while walking away from them. Shuhua hears the insult and gasps in her dismay. Running towards the taller girl to catch up, Shuhua jumps to smack her head. “ You look more like an idiot! “

 

“ Yah! You both are idiots. “ Elkie says as she started to walk to get to her two dumb friends.

 

“ Why am I with these weirdos? “ Yeeun could only sigh.

 

The party started strong. Like real strong, or is it just the drink that Shuhua’s been drinking? Oh well, she likes it anyway. Elkie had been keeping an eye out for her as Shuhua took two cups in one go. Once the third one was being held, Elkie switches it with her water instead.

 

“ This punch tastes tasteless! Give me something else Elkie! “ Shuhua had been dancing to the beat for some time, as sweat had peered through her top that had become slightly translucent at the back. Tzuyu stood there unbothered whilst still had eye out for her drunk friend. Yeeun, Yeeun was somewhere in the party probably picking up girls for the night.

 

Shuhua kept bouncing up and down, most of the crowd knew her and didn’t expect that Yuqi’s sister was this wild. She ushered the people around her to put their hands in the air like they don’t care.

 

“ Put them up yeobbun! “

 

Shuhua was having the time of her life.

 

“ Shuhua. “ Shuhua seemed to recognize the voice from somewhere she turned around and saw her beloved senior. Miyeon. Who looked, heavenly to say the least.

 

“ WOW UNNIE! YOU LOOK GREAT TONIGHT! “ Miyeon laughs at the high volume Shuhua was showcasing, the younger laughed along.

 

“ Thank you, you look pretty as always. “ Miyeon tries to compliment back but the freshman gestured she can’t her a thing of what she said. She decides to drag her to a more quiet place. Miyeon led them to the school garden which was relatively near the venue of the party.

 

“ Oh? Unnie? Where are we? “ The school garden looked nothing like this days before. There were hanging lights, and flowers were blooming than ever. The place looked serene and elegant. Miyeon stayed mum while she continues to drag the younger to a more secluded area of the garden. Shuhua lets the girl do the walking, currently dazed by the alcohol she consumed. And they finally stopped.

 

But Shuhua wasn’t ready.

 

In the heart of the garden, there was this beautiful tree that was said to be a hundred years old. The tree was fully lit with the brightest lights and there were pictures dangling. Shuhua moved closer to them. Then she realizes they were her. And they were not pictures, they were sketches of herself. One when she was laughing, one with a huge smile. One with a poker face yet still looked beautiful. They were so many.

 

Shuhua’s breath hitches. She saw this only at the dramas she fantasizes and dreamt about. She couldn’t believe that it was happening to her right now. When she reeked cheap alcohol, fruity punch and sweat.

 

Is she?

 

“ Sometimes I wonder how could someone up there give us such a beauty. And no, I’m not referring to the tree. I am talking about you Yeh Shuhua. Ever since that first lunch we had, I couldn’t stop drawing you. Your face had been engraved in my mind that I can even draw you portrait with eyes closed. Haha. “

 

 

“  With my eyes closed, I see you better. I can feel you almost. And you feel warm. I want to keep your warmth. With my eyes closed, I can only see you. “

 


너를 좋아해 ( I like you ). “

 

 

Miyeon pauses her mini speech, Shuhua stayed shock visibly painted in her face.

 

Sure, Miyeon is a beauty, she is a catch. Everyone’s dying to be with her, to be her.

 

She was Cho Miyeon, the ethereal goddess whom she had strong strong feelings about.

 

She remembers those times where a fire ablaze across her chest, the intense heat that the senior brought upon her.

 

But where were they now?

 

Why couldn’t she feel a single thing?

 

Wasn’t this a picture perfect scene in a drama where the handsome guy confesses her love to this pitiful girl and they fall in love?

 

Wasn’t it this moment?

 

Shuhua thinks it must be the alcohol driving her crazy. Miyeon senses the girl’s dilemma and gulps. She might not feel the same.

 

“ I know that it may be sudden or it may be unbelievable to you but I really like you Shuhua. I feel really happy when I’m with you, I feel the lightest and not having a single care when we laugh together. Those things are precious to me, you are precious to me. I’m not asking to court you immediately. All I want for now is your acknowledgement of these feelings. These oddly amazing feelings I have for you. Please know my feelings Yeh Shuhua, “ Miyeon sees eye to eye, she had her head held high before, she will have her head high if the girl refused. And she’ll be okay.

 

“ I..I don’t know what to say Unnie. Uhm, I also feel those things when I’m around you too. Does that mean I like you too? “ Miyeon’s hopes soared, this was it! Her chance to love this pure and beautiful girl she had running in her mind all the time. Miyeon was about to say yes when she got cut off by Shuhua.

 

“ But I also feel the same for….do I? No, wait. I don’t know! “ Shuhua argued with herself, she couldn’t think straight in this time. The alcohol pumping in her system and the haywire of being confessed to had her reeling for a timeout. Shuhua was at brink of tears, she does not know what to do. Crazily straightening her top, Shuhua almost broke down if it were not the sudden touch.

 

Miyeon ruffles her hair, her greasy and slightly wet hair from all the partying. Miyeon pulls her chin up to see her, with a smile on her face. Shuhua darts her eyes with the older’s dark chocolates, it held such comfort and familiarity unlike a hazel color she once was used to.

 

“ I’ll wait for you. No matter what your response will be. Just like this old tree, I will wait. I will wait here Shuhua. “ Miyeon sets a loving gaze, still patting the younger’s head to calm her down. The younger sniffles in quietness. Where their eyes locked, under this starry night and beautiful lit up garden. Shuhua was the princess. She now understands the feeling of being professed unto, it feels exhilarating.

 

Shuhua feels the need to hold onto something and Miyeon’s just there.

 

They find themselves holding one another, consoling their own defeats and encouraging for hope. One holds a wary heart and one holds the heart of the other.

 

Love does come with responsibilities.

 

x

 

The two had put an end to their evening, Miyeon decides to wait for someone she called to clean the garden. She urges Shuhua to go back to the party.

 

“ Don’t have a heavy heart all night. Not because of me. Go on. Have fun. “ Miyeon waves her goodbye, for now. Shuhua blinks twice before nodding. The senior might want to be left alone, so she proceeds to the party again. With a plan to wreck her system with three more drinks, Shuhua stops for a while. She looks back on her unnie. Miyeon had her back towards the younger, shoulders heaving up and down.

 

She is crying.

 

Shuhua turns around, feet heavier than ever and a heart much burdened.

 

If only, the night had been a little kinder, or one freshman didn’t have desires, maybe.

 

Maybe if love pulled Shuhua closer, she might have said it back.

The party is still young and fresh. The wild seniors had turned the event up a notch with the additional speakers and dance floor they placed. Shuhua goes in without caution, with a drink in one go she crashes the chaos that was going down. She needed to do something, something to forget her about everything temporarily.

 

The beat had gone intensely up, the disc jockey up there sure knew the pulse of the people sensing how the songs were gradually soaring. With no rest, Shuhua kept dancing. Sweat came flooding, whether it was hers or to the elated people she was on the floor with, it didn’t matter. Right now, this moment.

 

This brings her peace.

 

Shuhua kept screaming her lungs out, demanding drinks every minute. Finishing them in a gulp, she felt unloaded. She felt empty. And free.

 

Is this why people love drinking?

 

This is amazing.

 

Shuhua doesn’t remember getting another drink but whatever, she was ready to thrash it down . That sweet juice had collaborated with a strong drug. She likes this collab.

 

Shuhua expects the fluid to not fit in well in her digestive system later, and probably in the toilet once she was out of this mess. She expects it to hit her hard. The refreshing slap you get everytime you chug down something forbidden. Yeah, she expects that.

 

“ Oh? “ Shuhua opens her eyes not realizing she closed them, seeing her hand alone without the bright red cup she held earlier, a frown comes creeping in.

 

“ Where’s my red friend? Is he gone? Where is- “ Shuhua glances around and sees her red cup friend, in possession of slender fingers that grazed unto them tightly. Shuhua’s frown deepen as she knew her friend needed saving.

 

“ Hey! Give me him! Give me my red friend! “ The freshman started attacking the awful person who stole her red friend, who was crying from his red eyes because its being emptied out fast.

 

“ You?! You killed him! “ Shuhua almost cries at the death of her friend, they met not too long ago and she was starting to open up to him (literally) as he was accepting her kindness. Shuhua fumes up, mad for the injustice, she was about to explode on this thief when she sees a pair of hazel chocolates.

 

“ OH! You have chocolates! I love chocolates, can I just-“ Before the line was finished, Shuhua fell forward, face first if not by the strong slim arms that caught her. Shuhua giggles, thinking this was very fun.

 

“ Hmm! This is great, even if you killed my friend I’ll forgive you! You have chocolates. My favorite ones too! “ Shuhua babbles until her voice continues to fade out. The arms proceeded to settle the girl on the back.

 

“ Aish, this girl seriously. “

 

Mercilessly, the infamous constant annoyance in Yeh Shuhua’s life had begun its torment. Shuhua’s room became hotter and brighter much to her dismay. Shuhua groans in misery. She didn’t want to get up due to the massive headache that greeted her a great morning and the hungover mess she’ll deal with later on.

 

But Mr. Sun wasn’t giving a damn about it.

 

It shone more intentionally or unintentionally (?) on the human’s forehead, testing how much the petty creature could take on the heat that was brewing in her face. Shuhua so wanted to beat the annoyance but the next second that will pass, her forehead is going to crisp up.

 

“ Ahh, hot! “ Shuhua regrets everything. The moment she opened her eyes had it hit the girl of her careless drinking last night. Shuhua holds on to her head as she sits right up eyes closed back ultimately. If she couldn’t win the heat, she won’t give in the satisfactory of opening her eyes to see the sun smirking at her, no way.

 

Shuhua huffs, slowly gaining her senses. Her eyes involuntarily exposes her to the blinding wrath of her morning playmate which added to the terrible condition the girl was experiencing. She tries to deepen her breaths, something to calm her guts from pouring themselves out. Shuhua decides to get some water and medicine for her huge problem, struggling to find balance she kept bumping into things and tripping. Hopefully no one was awake. Shuhua made it past their dining area on route to the holy source of water; the fridge. Shuhua gulps huge amounts of the clear liquid.

 

“ Hey, you’re awake. “ Shuhua jumps at the sudden intrusion, turning around to see her sister, thank God, she can’t deal with the parent talk right now. Yuqi passes her some pills, and proceeded to get some instant noodles.

 

“ Go shower. I’ll be making some hangover food for you. Get cleaned up before Unnie comes. “ Yuqi advises her without looking busily gathering her things to make her sister the best and last hangover food she will ever consume.

 

“ Unnie? Susan Unnie?! She’s back?! Omo, omo… “ Shuhua despite the millions of headache she’s facing rushed upstairs to prepare herself for the arrival of their eldest. Yuqi laughs to no one, sighing here and there.

 

“ Susan Unnie is back and yet Shuhua’s not okay. I’m ruined. “

 

Shuhua had always adored her older sister Susan. For one, she was the ideal gal. Everyone favored her and sympathized when at fault. In the eyes of the elders, she embodied a strong woman who will bring great success to the Yeh household. All the while the praises and compliments were nice, Shuhua knew Susan didn’t look much to it. Susan saw only herself, she wasn’t strong nor a great person at all times.

 

And Shuhua knew she wanted to be just like her.

 

“ So, I hear that you had a handful of friends now Shu. “ Susan had opened the conversation amidst stacking her clothes, university had two weeks off Susan’s calendar and Shuhua and Yuqi’s sports competition favored them two as well. Shuhua mindlessly nodded, still dazed and fascinated by the small hole in the wall.

 

“ You know, talking eye to eye helps in conversations. Makes the receiver of information quite pleased with the exchange. Don’t you think so? “ Susan pushed further knowing how out of it was Shuhua. The latter continued her up and down motion. Susan had enough. She’s seen this too many times.

 

“ I’m pregnant. “ Susan faces her little sister, eyes locked on the head. She knew she’ll meet the other’s in time.

 

3..2..1..

 

“ WHAT?! UNNIE?! “ Susan laughs, eye to eye with her sister’s bulging ones. Susan shakes her head. She sat down on her bed, and tapped the space beside her to make the younger follow suit.

 

“ I am not pregnant. I just figured you didn’t paid attention to what I was saying. You proved me wrong Yeh Shuhua. “ Susan ends with a giggle, Shuhua pouts in response.

 

“ Now, are you ready to tell me what is stuck in there? “ The eldest Yeh points at the center of Shuhua’s forehead, that began to form creases on the smooth plane.

 

“ Is this about Soojin? “ Shuhua’s ears perked like a puppy’s causing the older to ruffle the silky crown of the younger. Susan puts away the remaining clothes on her hands and faced her sister.

 

“ She’s all you think about Shuhua-yah. Honestly, it’s getting alarming. Should I bring you to a therapist? “ Susan cracks a joke earning a well-deserved punch on her side, Shuhua frowns. That’s not true! She has so many things to think about like how Yuqi’s so stupid, so stupid not to notice how bright and happy her little sister is whenever her friend breathes the same air as her. Or to think about being a great student and daughter to her parents to boost her character appeal to a certain neighbor of fifteen years the youngest Yeh’s existence.

 

Aish.

 

“ Based on those sad sad forehead creases of yours, I was right. Come on, tell me what Soojin did this time. “ Shuhua relaxes her facial muscles for a second. Well, there’s nothing she’s done. That’s the thing. Shuhua doesn’t know the junior’s actual feelings, Soojin isn’t that kind of girl. In Soojin’s view, emotions and feelings should be hidden and stored away from everyone. It’s easier this way.

 

“ Unnie, Jinjin... Me and Soojin’s relationship… “

 

“ Hmm? “

 

“ It’s different. “

 

Susan slams the wall closet to her and pointed her fingers at her little sister. In a mix of heavy loud sighs and incoherent murmurs, Susan is done.

 

“ So you are telling me, some girl named Miyeon said she likes you. And you like her, kinda. But there’s Soojin, Soojin who you have been drooling on for what? Practically the entirety of your petty gay life and now you ask me what to do? God, you didn’t even asked when you told me you liked Soojin when you were barely thirteen years old. “ Shuhua heaves, face deep in her palms. She knew her unnie would throw a fit. Back then, Shuhua was always sure about how she felt. She liked Soojin. She likes Soojin, and everything about her cutie-y neighbor ever since. Every year it would intensify waiting to one day explode the hot internal gay mess of Yeh Shuhua.

 

But, she can’t do it.

 

She tried planning on it, acting on it. Making her feelings be known.

 

Yet, it proved to her time and time again that she was a better companion than a partner.

 

A better friend than a lover.

 

A better shoulder to lean on than to be the other half to love. And be loved.

 

Shuhua knew early on that this was better. For her, for Soojin, for everyone.

 

Susan was the only one she told right after she first met Soojin.

 

“ Shuhua! Yuqi! Come home now! Pa’s on his way, dinner’s in a few. “ Seventeen year old Susan yelled standing by their gate, gaining the attention of the kids outside the residences. The two girls came in speed after hearing their names, with Yuqi waving to her newfound friends.

 

“ Unnie, don’t do that infront of my friends. It’s so embarrassing. “ Yuqi heads to their home first, dashing in a blink. Leaving thirteen year old Shuhua with their eldest, by the gate stilled.

 

大姐姐, 我喜欢她 ( Big sister, I like her ). “ Shuhua suddenly blurted together with a finger on tow directed at someone.

 

?  ( Who? ) “

 

. ( Her. ) “

 

There stood little Seo Soojin, mighty in her cherry printed dress that covered her nicely. She made eye contact with the Yeh sisters briefly before being tugged away by the other playmates.

 

Susan’s eyes never leaving her sister, she gets her home fast.

 

Susan loves Shuhua, and nothing, no one will change that.

 

Not even Soojin.

 

“ Shu, I love you so much. But sometimes, you really deserve a beating. “ Susan pushes the younger to side with her weight, to sit on her spot earlier. Shuhua pouts even more, her enticing chocolates now flushed down to soft and mush. Susan lets out a breath.

 

“ I’ve never experienced anything like what you’re going through Shu. “ Upon that statement, Shuhua sits right up and looks at her unnie. Concerned.

 

“ I mean, love is a great wonderful thing. It’s the only mysterious force that no one can explain in this world. Love blinds us but also lets us see in every person. It’s crazy how people are driven by such powerful emotion that they aren’t even sure if it is true love. Genuine love. I told you before about different kinds of love right? “ Susan asks, suddenly remembering all the time she spent on educating herself about an abstract concept so that she can tell little Shuhua. Little Shuhua who always relied on her for everything, little Shuhua who would slide in her fingers with hers when walking. The little Shuhua that she swore to love and protect.

 

Shuhua may be a handful, even a disaster at some point. But she had been firm about one thing.

 

Her love.

 

The youngest wasn’t greedy nor shallow. If she could give love to everyone, she would have. However, Susan was there. Susan is here, to protect still little Shuhua from the unwanted hurt and despair. Susan is here to hold the girl back from overdosing. Shuhua loves too much.

 

“ I say, choose the love that chooses you. “ Shuhua looks at her with such eyes, indicating she didn’t quite get the message.

“ Be selfish, be greedy Yeh Shuhua. “

 

Susan ends the conversation with a small smile, hoping that when her sister leaves her room and think about it, she would choose herself.

 

Choose the most selfish love out there.

 

x

 

It was night time when Shuhua had the chance to open her cellphone. They spent all day catching up with Susan, Yuqi was awfully annoying this time. Their parents let them be, they have their own issues to deal with. Shuhua squints her eyes on the influx of messages, she reaches for her glasses on her table without looking and placing them on.

 

From: Miyeonnie Unnie (she named it)

 

When school comes, let’s meet first thing in the morning.

 

From: Jinjin Unnie (2)

 

How are you feeling? Did you take some meds?

Drink lots of water please.

 

Is Monday a good day? I want to talk you.

 

From: YuqiYuqiYuqiPabo

 

Yah! Don’t tell Unnie you drank at the party.

I’ll kill you.

 

Psh, I’ll kill you first you monkey.

 

Monday? That’s the day after tomorrow.

 

 

To: Jinjin Unnie

 

I’m okay now Unnie. Wait, did you know I wasn’t feeling okay?

 

From: Jinjin Unnie

 

I sent you home that night.

 

That night? Wait-

From: Jinjin Unnie (2)

 

The night at the party. I carried you home.

 

Omo, omo.

 

To: Jinjin Unnie

 

I’m sorry for the trouble Unnie. Thank you for taking care of me.

Susan Unnie came back today, I just opened my phone.

Mianheeeee SoooSoooJinjinjiniee J

 

Hehe, Soojin Unnie is cute. Tsundere, but cute.

 

From: Jinjin Unnie

 

Don’t drink ever again. At least, I have to be there.

 

Omoo, SEO SOOJIN!

 

To: Jinjin Unnie

 

Ne Umma! By the way, Monday’s nice Unnie.

Let’s talk by then.

 

From: Jinjin Unnie

 

Okay, good night Shuhua.

 

 

To: Jinjin Unnie

 

Good night Unnie. Have a good one!

 

From: Jinjin Unnie

 

Oh?

 

To: Jinjin Unnie

 

Why Unnie? Is something wrong?

 

From: Jinjin Unnie

 

Ani. Its nothing. Good night, see you on Monday.

 

Hmm, I wonder what this is about.

 

x

 

They were situated by the swing set on the playground near their neighborhood. Shuhua held her choco ice cream in her left and held the swing’s chains in her right while pushing herself back and forth. She her ice cream profusely as Mr. Sun had picked on her dessert for the day.

 

“ Can you slow down? It’s not going anywhere. “ Soojin wipes the side of Shuhua’s lips, choco ice cream smeared all over. The Taiwanese blushes upon the delicate gesture, letting the older clean her face. Soojin smiles in content after finishing the deed. Shuhua returns the grin and continues her obsessive . Soojin clears .

 

“ Shu, I wanted to say sorry. I didn’t get to say my apologies to you before you know after what happened. I’m really sorry. “ The junior looks straight ahead, avoiding the intense gaze Shuhua sets on. She releases a distressed sigh after. There was something she wanted to tell her. Something that needed to be said.

 

Should I tell her?

 

“ It’s okay Unnie. We just had a misunderstanding right? Don’t all friendships go through this? I feel like we’re growing this way. “ Shuhua says as she paused on her spree. Soojin whips her gaze on the younger who has a bright smile on her face, Soojin nods her head in agreement.

 

“ Yeah, we just had a fight. But still, I’m so sorry. Knowing your fears, I should have been cautious. “ Shuhua stands up. Soojin looking bewildered.

 

“ No matter what happens, I will be okay. Whatever you do Jinjin, I will be okay so don’t worry. “ The youngest Yeh grins cheekily spewing some nonsense to Soojin.

 

How could you be okay with me hurting you?

 

“ Why? “

 

“ What do you mean ‘why’ Jinjin? “

 

“ Why are you like that? Why do you forgive me that easily? “

 

“ Because I like you Soojin. I like you too much. “

 

Mr. Sun liked them too, with the melting choco running down Shuhua’s arm they remained in each other’s eyes.

 

Shuhua became hopeful that day.

 

In a speck, mayhaps she was more than just a companion.

 

The last week of their break had been full of the old days. The three started hanging out once more, mostly it was just Soojin and Shuhua. Yuqi’s been busy lately, and the youngest isn’t sure why but she gets it.

 

More time with Soojin then.

 

The girls went on playdates like before. They spent all their time in each other’s company. They were just like before. Pure bliss, mutual understanding, and love.

 

In their hearts.

 

“ So, what is your decision then Miss Shuhua-ssi? “ Susan turns around to ask her sister, cold airconditioning leaving the taxi cab called in for her departure. Shuhua smiles,

“ I chose Soojin. Soojin Unnie. “ Susan drops her expectant smile, lowering her bag on the ground then grappling unto the youngest’s shoulders.

 

“ What about all the talk we had about the selfish love huh? Were they just words going in and out of your ears Yeh Shuhua? How could you disobey your elder like that?! “

 

Shuhua keeps her grin steady.

 

“ I did chose the selfish love Unnie. 我要自私. ( I am going to be selfish. ) Don’t worry. “

 

Susan did not feel any reassurance by any means but the look on Shuhua’s face tells her otherwise.

 

“ Better hide Seo Soojin the next time around. Tell Yuqi to call me often. “ Susan closes the talk with a hug, patting Shuhua softly in the back.

 

“ Don’t get hurt Shushu. “

 

x

 

Shuhua thinks it’s the most beautiful thing. Mornings. It’s the greatest thing ever. Although she’s a little disoriented after a long night of talking about Soojin’s new tattoo, Shuhua couldn’t wait for school today. The two weeks were over but it wasn’t the end of the world. Getting up early, barely slept but was kicking with energy, weird looks came to her way.

 

亲爱的,你认为她丢了吗?( Honey, do you think she has lost it? ) “ Mr. Yeh glances uneasily to his wife who was making his coffee.

 

老盖泽. ( Old geezer. ) How should I know? She takes it after you. “ Mrs. Yeh bluntly croaked, putting the hot mug down their table and began to eat.

 

“ If only I wasn’t married to you. “

 

“ Then what? “

 

“ I’ll find you and marry you again. “

 

“ Crazy old man! “

 

The Yeh family had gotten quite pumped up in the mornings.

 

Shuhua walks down the hallways, wanting to visit Soojin because of their early dance practices again that she couldn’t see the older first thing in the morning.

 

She even brought her favorite cookies to give to Soojin.

 

Share with Soojin perhaps.

 

She happily skips, didn’t even mind the grumpy annoying students beside her saying their two weeks was very very short. Oh well, they didn’t have Soojin to have fun with.

 

Shuhua was nearing the practice room when she saw Miyeon.

 

Cho Miyeon who had confessed her feelings to Shuhua.

 

To Shuhua who until now, does not have a proper response to the sudden confession.

 

“ Shuhua! “ As the freshman was making a run to the practice room, the radio broadcast interrupted their encounter.

 

“ Ah, ah! Is it working? Oh, it is! Good morning everyone! I am Hui, your charming third-year sunbae or hoobae for the seniors around. Today is a special day for me. For us actually. The thing is, I have met the most amazing woman in my life a few months back. I was this pathetic kid who only knew depressing songs to make, I lived each day of my life as if it were just passing by. But this woman. This woman who made my day to day alive. Because of her, I became this love sap, and I could only write about her. “

 

Shuhua didn’t know most of what the guy was saying, but she knows that name.

 

Hui.

 

Hui.

 

Hui.

 

Hui, with broad shoulders, black hair and average height.

 

Third year Hui.

 

Wait.

“ I’ll stop here. I know you guys must be curious who I may be referring to. So today, I decided to tell the world. Of this beautiful woman, who loves me when I am unlovable. This woman who made me feel things that I thought were impossible. “

 

Hui, Hui with broad shoulders, black hair, and average height. Third year, same year as Soojin Unnie. Third year, same year as Soojin Unnie.

 

What is he talking about?

 

“ Seo Soojin. I love you, and thank you for allowing me to love you. To forever Jin. Alright, for our third monthsary I have written something and I know you don’t like cheesy things but I just want to tell everyone. “

 

“ You are mine Jin, and I am yours. “

 

You Are – Pentagon (made by Hui)

 

My hopeful heart
Is like a flower blossomed in darkness
I hope I can protect your smile
I hope you won't let go of my hand

I pray, I sing
You held me with the most beautiful smile
You are

I'm following that path, chasing after hope with a fluttering heart
With you, always with you
Even if time passes, I hope we'll be together

 


Squeals everywhere could be heard, as the sweet melody serenades in the halls. Everyone talked like they saw it coming, they knew that the two were together they just had to come out like this.

 

All but Shuhua seemed to get the point.

Losing grip on her cookies, tears starts to swell in her eyes.

 

“ Shuhua. “ She hears Miyeon coming towards her. As if telling her how could you be crying, everybody knew.

Everybody but you.

 

She feels arms wrapping around her like a warm blanket, the senior rubs her back in up and down. Soothing her, telling her to calm down.

 

Tears came gushing, and a door opens.

 

“ Shu. “

 

 

How do you keep hurting me Jin?

 


Hello yeobbun! I came back. So, I am very sorry. For taking so long and making Hui the enemy once more but bear with me. I will try my best to end this story sooner, we only have 5 more to go. Updates may be rushed and not great starting now because I have this major scholarship exam coming up so I have to focus on that. 

I am so sorry. 

But, we will view Soojin's side of things in the next chap. As well as Minnie, Miyeon and Soyeon, Yuqi. 

Please do leave comments, I really love reading them. 

SUPPORT DUMBi DUMBi and kick the butts of those evil antis on the girls' vlives!

x;_kingwoolf