새겨진 (Engraved)

영원한 사랑 (Eternal Love) (DISCONTINUED)

FOURTH

 

It had been a couple of weeks since that tormentful spurt of mood swings and the whole scenario with her sister, Yuqi, Shuhua was feeling pretty okay in most days. She doesn’t feel that itching in the pit of her stomach which she found gross by the way, she learned to reserve those for herself and decided not to let them be known.

 

Especially when it’s all about their neighbor, Soojin. 

 

Speaking of Soojin, the redhead had completed her dance performance at the annual freshmen inauguration. Somehow, Yuqi and her friends ended up crashing the event with God knows what with Yuqi’s connections. They ended up going crazy when it was their friend’s performance. They recorded everything and Shuhua specifically zoomed in every center appearances Soojin had. The crowd lots their marbles at Soojin's body rolling so hard to 4Minute’s “Hot Issue”, gripping her tie and swirling it around after her bit. Yuqi even squealed.

 

“ That was so illegal of Soojin! “

 

The crowd just got hyped even more. Shuhua just looked on with her jaw dropped onto the ground.

 

Literally.

 

Needlessly to say, Shuhua went home happy re-watching the dance club’s performance. Thank God they gave Soojin a solo part or else Shuhua wouldn’t be able to continue the show. Now their cutie-y neighbor had her original jet-black hair, she added a twirl of forehead bangs unto it. She also had time going on their morning walks to school and their usual lunch breaks. Most importantly, their night routine was back on. It made every day special once more for Shuhua, knowing the last thing she would see is Soojin waiting for her.

 

Just being there, calmed.

 

 With that damn smile in her face.

 

The day was as bright as it could get, seemingly weekends tastes and feels a little more annoying than regular weekdays. The gracious sun had its proud rays a little brighter on Saturday mornings irritating Shuhua on such a laid-back day as it was supposedly. She rolls on her left side hiding her face from the sun, she breaths heavily as she tried to get her sleep back and hopefully pass out for the day. She stayed up really late yesterday.

 

Something along the lines of night talks with Elkie and the endless gossip the Hong Kong native had in store for her.

 

Usually, Shuhua would tap out in the of midnight however, it was a Friday night meaning no school tomorrow, the girl just let her friend ramble her heart out. Talking about how annoying Jang Yeeun is, or how Yeeun constantly is around her messing her chance to be flirty with her Sophomore crush, someone named Choi.

 

Shuhua couldn’t listen much longer as she spaced out completely.

 

“ Ugh, what is happening? “ Shuhua mutters as she hears a cellphone ringing. She shakes the sleep away and tries to look for the electronic device that interrupted her sleep once again. Nothing be letting Shuhua sleep lately. She reaches out for her phone near her stomach, must-have where it landed when she fell asleep during the talk with Elkie last night. She squints her eyes, rubbing it so see the screen clearly.

 

Missed calls: Jinjin Unnie (2) and she proceeds to see several text messages from the older.

 

“ Shuhua-yah? Are you still asleep? I hoped we can go out today. We haven’t got the chance to hang out recently. Call me when you wake up. “

 

“ Should I come by to wake you? Wake up, you baby! “

 

“ Come on, I want to spend the day with you. “

 

Having Soojin’s number on speed dial, the Taiwanese rushed to the bathroom to freshen up. Shuhua hopes the older girl still wanted to be with her today. It’s been a long time for just the two of them to hang-out. The itching began once more, coming back with a stronger grip on the pit of her stomach, Shuhua jumps up and down in the effort to shake it away.

 

여보세요 (Yeoboseyo)? “ Shuhua readies her voice, coughing up as she begins her aegyo for the older.

 

“ Unnieeee. Shall we go out today? “ Shuhua could feel the disgusted reaction from Soojin as she prolonged her aegyo some more fully knowing how it triggered Soojin’s senses when she acts cutesy. Shuhua giggles at the sound Soojin made, “ Yah, Yeh Shuhua-ssi! You made me wait thirty minutes and you just think that will make it alright? Huh? “ Soojin retaliated, in truth, she indeed wanted to spend some time with Shuhua.

 

She wanted to do something special and wanted the youngest Yeh to be there.

 

“ 你能跟我出去吗 (Will you go out with me?)”

 

Shuhua repeats her sentence in her native tongue. Fumbling on her closet, she scrammed to look for a decent outfit to wear.

 

Soojin exclaims, “ 뭐 (What?) “.

 

“ 나와 함께 나가. (Go out with me. ) “ Shuhua blushes at what she said, she rarely had such courage to say something like this, let alone say it to Soojin.

 

“ Do I have a choice? “

 

No, so go out with me.      

 

Shuhua smiles, scurrying to end the call to take the quickest shower ever.

 

x

 

It was humid outside. The sun played hide and seek with the Taiwanese as she waits a bit outside the Seo residence. She didn’t go on full get-up today. She can’t risk the questioning looks from Yuqi much more from her Papa who watched her carefully as she went out. She just did not want to give them an idea, everybody knows how they take it to heart.

 

She wore her denim skirt which ended just right in her knees, pairing it with a simple graphic tee that she tucked in to have a sense of style. She wore whites and just a little sling bag draped across her upper body. She straightens her top for what seems like the hundredth time that day, fixing unnecessary wrinkles in her shirt.

 

Shuhua was busy with her own world when Soojin slips out of their gate just then. She smiles at what Shuhua was wearing. That’s the skirt I gave her last year. It had cherry prints all over them, the older girl thought it looked amazing for Shuhua.

 

“ 예쁜 (Pretty). 매우 예쁘다 (So pretty). “ Soojin voices out her thoughts as the younger looks up to see Soojin smiling at her. Shuhua lights up shyly. It was rare for Soojin to compliment her especially with how she looks.

 

“ So unnie, what should we do today? “ Shuhua links her arms with Soojin, slightly noticing the all-black outfit the older wore. Black was Soojin’s color that looked great on her. She fills the empty color with the bright and hot colors she had. She makes the color black stand out, or so Shuhua thinks.

 

“ Hmm, the shop I had in mind will open in a few hours from now. Say shall we go around town to see anything in particular of your interest? “ Soojin suggests, Shuhua ponders. That sounds okay with her.

 

“ Sure, let’s go unnie. “ They started walking, linking their arms. Having the contented smiles in their faces.

 

“ Say, where are they going? “ Yuqi looks at her Papa, shrugging as if telling him indirectly she doesn’t know.

 

“ They look cute no? “ Yuqi looks at her father raising her eyebrows. Her father just looks at her confused.

 

“ What? “

 

Meanwhile, the two had a blast going around town. They took photos to literally every mural they saw. Shuhua insisted on taking a lot so they could have it as each other’s wallpaper or background photo.

 

“ Why should I put your face on my phone? “ Soojin doesn’t like the idea. Shuhua huffs.

 

“ Unnie, it is for memories. Great and good memories of me to you. So keep taking many! “ Shuhua continues her unofficial photoshoot in front of the murals as Soojin unwillingly takes them for her.

 

They walked and walked, their hands interlocked. Shuhua almost got familiar with the feeling that she passes it by when it started to cling hard on the depths of her stomach. They kept dancing around, desiring to break free and dwell in her upper region. Shuhua shivers slightly. She had this urge to straighten her top again, wanting to pull the edges of her shirt.

 

Just then, Soojin holds her hand tightly as they crossed a street. Shuhua bores her eyes in the side of her head. Like this, walking side by side with hands interlocked Shuhua couldn’t ask for more.

 

Except for those stupid sensations to stop.

 

They were having a blast just taking a stroll and going on a ramble of random topics. Until Shuhua’s stomach grumbles. Soojin laughs at her and tugs her to a place she knows. They ate. More like playing with their food which made Soojin quickly fed Shuhua to get her to stop. Shuhua liked this Soojin, the Soojin who would always look after her yet join in her antics. Soojin who would be embarrassed because of her, however, supports in what she’s doing anyway.

 

Shuhua smiles widely. Soojin thinks she’s too pretty.

 

x

 

After their intense shopping and the stubborn playing from Shuhua, the duo finally arrived at a small shop. “ Tattoo 가게? (Tattoo Shop) “ Shuhua tried to pronounce correctly. This must be the shop Soojin was referring to earlier.

 

“ Oppa, I finally came today. “ Soojin pulls Shuhua to enter the establishment. Soojin embraces a man probably the owner of this tattoo shop. Shuhua looks around. It was a little bit like in the movies. There were drawings everywhere, and lots of paintings and pictures of people’s tattoos. Shuhua felt uncomfortable. This was just not her scene, she straightens her shirt once more today feeling it wrinkle due to the force she applied unto it instead of it being fixed.

 

She felt rigid but Soojin grabs her hand.

 

“ Come, I want you to see me get my tattoo. “ Soojin led her to another small room inside the shop, where the actual tattoo process happens. Shuhua sits at the available chair next to the seat Soojin sat on. Shuhua was still anxious mainly for Soojin, she knows and is aware that tattoos are painful and they hurt a lot.

 

“ Unnie, are you going to be okay? “ Soojin glances at the other girl as she spoke up. Flashing her a reassuring smile, Soojin nods as she makes herself comfortable in the black leather seat. The man proceeded to hand out a paper, Shuhua looks and it had different kinds of drawings.

 

“ Yah Soojin-ah, don’t tell me you haven’t picked one yet. “ The man jokes. Soojin makes a face.

Shuhua stood up and examines the drawings as well.

 

“ Yah Oppa, getting your first tattoo is special. I need to get a perfect one okay? “ The black-haired girl ponders much more, Shuhua stands to continue her gaze at a certain drawing.

 

“ Unnie, do this! “ Shuhua points at a heart drawing. Soojin looks at her bewilderingly.

 

“ Why? “

 

“ It reminds me of you. “

 

“ Then if it’s me, a heart it is. “

 

But, Soojin decided to get three.

 

And Shuhua sits throughout the process, worries over the painful expressions Soojin would make when the machine got too deep in her skin. But the owner calmly looks on. Shuhua bares through it almost feeling the exact pain Soojin was experiencing. She looks at how the girl’s eyes glimmers as she sees her tattoo coming to life. The shine in her eyes as Soojin felt satisfied and laughed when the owner made a joke about something of getting a tattoo after all these years. Or how she gripped on the seat she was in when the machine first makes contact with her skin.

 

Shuhua studies more on the girl’s features. How her black hair accents the girl’s eyes. How plump her lips were. The roundness of her cheeks, that makes Shuhua want to squish it forever. The rhythm starts again. Shuhua feels her cheeks heating up but she looks on. She never broke eye contact with Soojin’s figure, gripping her chest to calm her heart.

 

 

Shuhua didn’t realize how Soojin was now on the next tattoo placement, this time the target was her nape. Soojin had the tattoo in mind for a while, she extends her hand towards Shuhua. In a faze, Shuhua didn’t grab unto it. Soojin calls her.

 

“ Shuhua-yah, hold my hand for this one. I feel it going to be the most painful one. “ Soojin smiles to her, as hurriedly Shuhua grips unto her hand for like a hundredth today. Soojin winces at the contact of their hands, she felt a lot more of a sting in their handholding than the actual tattoo being placed. Shuhua proceeds to look at her with those round chocolates of hers and rubs the back of Soojin’s hand.

 

“ Fighting Jinjin! 선생님 (Sir), please do it gently. “ Shuhua purred a little, smiling at the man who was practically drilling his machine on Soojin’s nape. He laughs, nodding in agreement. Soojin chuckles, truthful she wanted to feel the warmness of the Taiwanese.

 

“ Okay, there you go. I just hope I didn’t misspell it. “ Soojin glares at him.

“ Thank you so much, Oppa! I’ll come back to do some more. “ The duo bowed in gratitude to the shop owner. He waves admiringly. He sees them in their earnest looks towards one another. He looks at Soojin, the smile he wasn’t seen in a long time.

 

What young love.

 

x

 

Shuhua wishes for more days like this. She felt alive all this time, feeling her adrenaline pumping and her heart just frantically crazy. She feels the most at this moment. The two had bickered all the way home, the sun had decided to rest and play with Shuhua tomorrow.

 

“ Next time you get a tattoo unnie, it will be my drawing okay? “ They stopped just perfectly at the Yeh residence. The scenario was all nostalgic for them. Soojin looks at Shuhua.

 

“ Then make sure to come up with a pretty one! It's going to be on my skin permanently Yeh Shuhua-ssi! “ They laughed and Shuhua nodded.

 

So, this is where it ends.

 

She expected the usual back and forth of who gets home first. She expected just soft smiles and lingering eyes on her. She expects the normal.

 

But, its Soojin and nothing about is ordinary.

 

A fluttering butterfly just landed on her face and made it its nest. Shuhua feels the light touch of the softest thing in the world. Widening her eyes, her face had turned red and hot pretty fast. She felt it made its way from her neck and stopping exactly at where the butterfly laid down. Shuhua blinks away two hundred per second. Soojin covers her face with her hands, embarrassed herself as if she wasn’t the one who initiated the gesture.

 

“ T-thank you for today Shushu. For getting out of bed for me as always and accompanying me to get these baby boys. “ Soojin flexes her new cultural art in her shoulders and nape. Shuhua just stood there, blinking this precious moment away.

 

“ W-wah, i-it was no-nothing Jinjin-ah. “ Shuhua reasons out currently exhaling big amounts of carbon dioxide. Soojin laughs at her statement. Shuhua was always been this ridiculously cute, and it’s starting to bother Soojin’s breathing more and more.

 

“ I think we should conclude the night here, go on little Shushu. Have a great night. “ Soojin says with that same smile on her face like this morning. Shuhua looks her way then at their cursed metal door, sighing she musters up the final moment to say goodbye.

 

“ Good night Jinjin unnie. I hope you do too. “ With little steps, Shuhua heads home. Soojin as ever stilled outside. That smile.

 

Shuhua finally closes the gate, carefully leans against it. She touches her cheek and pulls away quickly. How hot. She cups them forcefully. Remembers just one thing.

 

She kissed me.

 

x

 

Unfortunately, school happens pretty fast. On a Monday afternoon, Shuhua awkwardly stood by the school’s entrance. She ridiculously wondered if the Junior department would call it a day earlier than their said time of dismissal. There was this big junior only event at their school, happening right now. And Shuhua tried to sneak together with Soojin and Yuqi but it was deemed a failure as she resulted in staying at the tall gates of the institution. Gates are cursed for me.  Shuhua huffed and puffed seemingly annoyed each passing second.

 

“ Yeah! Cho Miyeon! “ Apparent footsteps head to Shuhua’s way as she turns her body around to see what was going on, and then boom.

 

“ Ah! “ Two girls ended knocked down on the ground from their clash. Shuhua rubs her shoulder due to the impact of the collision while the other victim of this incident had gotten off the ground easily.

 

“ Yah! This is why you don’t run around Miyeon-ah. Look, you even managed to hurt someone else. Aish. “ Minnie had helped her fellow senior off the ground. The two were just about to head home when Miyeon of a running competition for which the losing individual would buy ice cream. Who knew ice cream would result in this?

Miyeon makes an awful sound. Aegyo it seems.

 

“ Wait, its little Yeh Shuhua! “ Miyeon cheers as she hands her hand for Shuhua to grip on to. Shuhua looks up, sees the beauty with eyes transfixed on her, grabbing the hand that pulled her off the ground. Minnie sees Shuhua and smiles at her way. She helped dust off the dirt that accumulated in Shuhua’s uniform, patting it gently.

 

“ I am sorry Shuhua. I wasn’t looking at where I was heading. “ Miyeon apologizes to the youngest Yeh. Frankly, if it were some other stranger, Shuhua would shoot daggers their throat already but since there were seniors who were also Yuqi’s friends that were frequently on their lunch sessions, Shuhua restrains herself and smiled slightly.

 

“ Its nothing sunbae, I, too, wasn’t mindful of my surroundings. I am deeply sorry. “ Bowing exactly 90 degrees to Miyeon and Minnie, the freshmen had them astounded.

 

“ Yah, it was her fault Shuhua! No need to apologize. “ Minnie spoke resulting in a threat of a punch from Miyeon. Shuhua nods, seeing how funny her two seniors interact with one another.

 

“ Anyways, little Yeh, what are you doing here? “ The two had finally snapped out of their bickering, Miyeon asked her wondering why she was standing by the gate.

 

“ Ah, Yuqi and Soojin unnie are having this event. Juniors only. And I wasn’t allowed near them so, I figured to just stay here. I got nowhere to go inside. “ Shuhua says in a timid voice as she never really engaged in a full conversation with these particular seniors, they usually were just yes or no questions. And she was also embarrassed to say that other than Soojin and Yuqi, she got nowhere to go to.

 

“ Aww, well Shuhua we are just about to go home. And based on the event schedule that we happened to see a while ago, the event would end at least an hour from now. So, why don’t we go home together? “ Minnie offers. Miyeon agrees, smiling from ear to ear at the idea.

 

“ But, Yuqi might be wondering where I will be. “

 

“ Don’t worry, we’ll tell her that we brought you home. “

 

Thus, the walk home commenced with the pull from Miyeon.

 

The three stopped at the near convenient store and got Miyeon’s promised ice cream. Shuhua politely declined but Minnie insisted on treating the girl. Minnie bought all their treats, waiting in line. When she was finally done, they proceeded on their walk home.

 

Shuhua found the two seniors she was with strange. Strange in the sense that all they do was bicker non-stop no matter what the topic was. They were currently arguing about who was better at games since Shuhua shared her profound love for playing games all the time.

 

“ Yah! Stop acting like you know how to play Miyeon! You can’t even set up your Facebook account without my help. “

 

“ Kim Minnie-ssi, that has no relevance to what we are talking about. I just told you I play professionally at Candy Crush! “

 

And they bickered on and on and on.

 

They stopped at some point though, when Miyeon suddenly gave Minnie a side hug and that ended the war immediately.

 

They were now at the group sharing stage. They each told one another a brief background story. Shuhua learns that Minnie was an exchange student long ago, her family was kind of wealthy in Thailand but the girl didn’t disclose any more details. While Miyeon as an only child. She grew up completely loved by her parents yet she often felt lonesome and girls at school just messed with her because her visuals were said to be questionable. She started finding joy in school when Minnie came around. Ever since they were glued to one another. Miyeon would always tail around wherever Minnie was, and seldomly, Minnie would stick closely with the older.

 

Shuhua was amazed at how similar they were to her own relationship with her neighbor. Soojin.

 

“ This is home now, sunbaenim. “ Shuhua calls their attention as the two were at it again, bickering into whatever they had in mind.

 

“ Well, we had fun Shushu. If you ever need two beans with you, just tell us okay? “ Minnie adoringly pats Shuhua’s head, Shuhua shyly smiles at her offer. Miyeon soon swatted Minnie’s hands away and took her turn in saying her farewell.

 

“ Yes, and if you ever need someone, only call Miyeon unnie okay? Don’t call her. “ Miyeon whispers the last part with her finger pointed at the Thai who looked confused at the sudden finger-pointing. Shuhua laughs. They were indeed strange.

 

Miyeon hugged her, she was so close to Shuhua that the Taiwanese could smell her shampoo and conditioner from their position. Shuhua reddens at their position. She only got hugs from family, rarely from Soojin. A warm feeling had birthed in her chest, brewing hotter and hotter by the second, attempting to burn her alive. In fear that Miyeon might feel it too, Shuhua immediately releases and bows to her seniors.

 

The two were taken aback but continued on their nags about Shuhua never doing that again and went on their way.

 

Shuhua looks at them, she sees their hands together as they walked down. Minnie stays a little behind Miyeon to make sure the older doesn’t lose her footing, and Miyeon just grips on to the Thai native.

 

Shuhua still finds them strange, but the warmth from the skinship earlier never left.

 

If anything, it only intensified.

 

Shuhua stands there dazed, seeing the two figures looking smaller and smaller in her sight.

 

She looks at Miyeon once more, only to find her staring at her.

 

The fire ablaze in her chest even more, and Shuhua couldn’t be more confused.

 

Why is this happening?

 

x

A few days passed, and safe to say, the strange duo and Shuhua got closer and closer together. They would be sitting first in their usual lunch sessions, having Shuhua in the middle so that the two seniors would not fight nor complain of their missed chances with the youngest Yeh. The rest of the group were indifferent to their behavior later on adapting to the trio’s antics as they got a little bit louder and louder each time.

 

Shuhua wouldn’t deny that it felt nice having two more close friends aside from Yuqi and Soojin but she does admit the building gap between her and Soojin. The junior wasn’t around them as much as she got herself into another table during lunch.

 

Yuqi explains briefly that Soojin just found her kind of people during that event they had days ago. Soojin would at first, dropped by their table, interacting with Shuhua a bit. But then, she would be gone the next second Shuhua’s eyes look for her. She was hanging around her own peers at another table. Shuhua wouldn’t deny that it hurt her a little but she could not possibly be more selfish to think that Soojin should stay by her all the time. Of course, she had a life outside Shuhua too, and she could have friends that weren’t Shuhua nor Yuqi’s friends too. However, all these thoughts just pushed her insecurities to emerge back on the surface. She doesn’t mind if Soojin’s got other friends, all she needed as the older to be there when she had a great day or when there were frustrating lessons she couldn’t deal with. Or when Yuqi was being annoying.

 

It felt like she was slipping away from her.

 

Was it forbidden to want her attention all the time? Was it selfish to be around her every passing second?

 

Shuhua thinks it isn't, yet it certainly feels like it.

 

Shuhua sighs. Yuqi counts that to be the 40th sigh of the today. She couldn’t count the sighs Shuhua produces in her room. Yuqi motions Minnie to talk to her sister as she is well aware that Shuhua listens more to Minnie and shows great respect for the Thai.

 

“ Shushu, eat your meal. If not, I’m giving it to Yuqi. “ Minnie says it to her ear as Shuhua sits up, not missing a glare directed at her sister and ate in a flash. Yuqi was astonished.

 

“ What did you tell her to make her obey you? I NEED TO KNOW! “

 

“ Yah! Just eat your food! “

 

Just then, Shuhua looks up from her meal. Sensing someone looking at her. She was shocked to find Soojin with her phone, taking pictures of her.

 

Shuhua shoots a confused look as Soojin just giggled and concluded her photoshoot, turning around to talk to her friends again.

 

Okay, that was weird.

 

Miyeon wipes the side of Shuhua’s mouth, chuckling at the sight.

“ Eat slowly Shu. “ With a pat placed on her head, Shuhua looks at her side finding Miyeon beaming at her. A tingle from her insides ignites the new profound blazing fire that Shuhua discovered nights ago. She couldn’t bear it any longer, she tore her eyes off the senior and focused back on her eating. Miyeon laughs and goes back into chatting with Minnie.

 

Shuhua sneaks a glance at Miyeon, eyeing her side profile. Observing more, she looked slightly different from Soojin’s facial features. But she looked overall, great.

 

Shuhua blanks out. The fire required some water to go out. Yet, she didn’t bother to do so.

 

Yuqi sees her sister and the look on her face, that’s weird.

 

Well, Monday was finally over. Shuhua slugged towards the exit of their room as she sees Minnie and Miyeon smiling away from her freshmen classmates by the door. They were quite fangirling and fanboying at the fact that the well-known seniors were outside their room. Shuhua sighs, making her way with definite struggle towards her unnies.

 

“ You two buy me ice cream! “ Her unnies just smiled and followed the youngest Yeh, getting away from all these adoring freshmen.

 

Their walk home consisted now of Minnie, Miyeon, and Yuqi. Soojin was still missing as something from the dance club held her back. Shuhua was starting to not mind these absences from her favorite neighbor. She started getting used to the feeling of not having to see a glimpse of her, as the older became like a ghost to her. She was there, she feels her but she cannot for the love of her see Soojin in flesh and hot blood.

 

The other three may be fun and games, sure she had deep emotions and thoughts about them, something just sets the hot dancer apart.

 

Shuhua has yet to figure what though.

 

Speaking of figuring out, Shuhua’s been piqued by Miyeon’s courteous actions. The senior had never left her side, literally. Whenever they would go, Miyeon will be on her left side and Minnie on the opposite. The slight gestures the older makes around her makes her uneasy. It boggles her how she’s feeling the same tense and heart-clenching atmosphere with the senior that used to rack Shuhua when she was with a certain junior-neighbor. It was all confusing and the freshman didn’t want to address any of it. She is willing to tire out this horrendous storm even if it means to the grave.

 

Shuhua suddenly feels a tug on her right hand, looking at now intertwined hands of hers and Miyeon’s, she looks up dazed. When did this happen?

 

“ We’re here Shushu. “ Miyeon smiles at her. Not again.  

 

“ Yah Cho Miyeon! Free my sister this instant! God, don’t be so obsessed with her. That’s gross! “ Yuqi pries off their warming hands and pulls Shuhua to her side. Miyeon immediately pouts.

 

“ I wasn’t! We were just talking! “ Miyeon defends herself to the point of screaming to the maddening ears of the Chinese. Minnie interferes, tugging away Miyeon for their safety.

 

“ Let’s call it a day Miyeon. Good night Yeh fam. “ Minnie hurriedly walks with arms full of Miyeon. While the other frantically waves her arm to Shuhua to say good night.

 

“ Jeez, one of these days Miyeon’s going to be real annoying. Warn her next time not to get too close to you. “ Yuqi tells her sister as she makes way home. Shuhua was still in a daze though, looking to her hand that was bonded with the senior’s.

 

It was still warm.

 

Shuhua’s ears went red.

 

 

x

 

Later on the night, Shuhua was tasked for a very dangerous and serious mission. It was no body’s duty but hers.

 

She had to take the trash out.

 

Apparently, Yuqi’s so busy that she couldn’t take out the garbage even when it was her turn to do so.

 

“ Stupid Yuqi, stupid trash. “ Shuhua whines all the way out of their gate. She was about to head to the garbage disposal area when she hears some loud noises in the Seo residence.

 

She looks over her shoulder and sees Soojin.

 

Soojin with someone else.

 

They were laughing very loudly as if no care in the world.

 

Wow, she looks happy.

 

Shuhua clears trying to steer her attention to complete her deed, and walks on route when she hears a  “ Shuhua! “

 

Why out of all the times you had to call me, why now?!

 

“ A-ah, yes Soojin unnie? “ Shuhua turns around to their direction, she sees better.

 

Soojin was with a man, a man she didn’t know but was certainly knowledgeable enough to have his arm around her waist.

 

“ Good night. “ Soojin responds hastily as the guy pulls her closer to him, whispering something in her ear that made the junior giggle. Shuhua internally screams.

 

Sure, good night.

 

Shuhua smiles politely adding a slight courtesy as she moves along. She knew that whatever that was, she wasn’t part of it. Soojin didn’t want her to be included in that. And she should learn to accept that right?

 

After all, not everything needs to be about Shuhua. The Taiwanese had no right to be treated that way especially when they were just nothing but good friends.

 

Great friends to be precise.

 

But it didn’t matter. Because as she walks away and away from that scene, she knew there was no going back from this.