Chapter 3: Magnifying Glass

Spirit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tuff ninja

The rest of the BTS members were sitting on their respective chairs as they urged Jungkook to tell his ghost story.

“So last night, I stopped by old-man Young-jin's store to get some more banana milk and snacks. We were talking and then he mentioned that a number of his night customers mentioned some strange beeping noise that can be heard in the park some other nights. When they tried to find where it was coming from, the beeping sound disappeared. And you know I was like ‘Wow cool story Ahjussi, have a good night.’

The members were attentive with Jungkook’s story as they began to continue eating the rest of their breakfast. Jungkook took his first spoonful of seaweed soup mixed with some rice. After swallowing the food, he drank two gulps of banana milk to rinse his mouth. He continued his story.

“After I left the store, I was walking along the park and then I kid you not I started hearing the same beeping noise old-man Young-jin was talking about. It was going like ‘beep beep boop beep beep boop’ over and over again. It was coming from inside the park so I followed it.”

“You followed it!?”

Yoongi stopped his tracks from taking a bite.

“What if that was some new tactic to kidnap people? And the reason the sound disappears when the people get close to them is because those people were not the kind of people the kidnappers wanted to kidnap. And lo and behold, a new guy comes in, good looking and healthy. You know you’d fetch for a pretty good price in the black market.”

“Hahaha I’m safe now but I think that was not the case.”

Jungkook continued his story.

“So I went inside the park trying to find where the beeping noise was coming from and I ended up face to face with this tall tree. I was sure the beeping noise was behind it. So I slowly walked behind it and I saw this floating blue light and I felt like it’s telling me to touch it so I did.”

“You felt like it was telling you to touch it so you did?”

Hoseok interrupted Jungkook.

“Yeah I did.”

“Jungkook, that’s what ert molesters say in court when they get caught feeling up somebody.”

Everybody erupted in laughter as they continued to make the food disappear on the table like a magic show.

“Hahahaha… The thing is I didn’t feel anything when I made contact with it but when I reached the center, I heard this robotic sound that said ‘Activated’. And you know I was spooked and I was about ready to run away but then the light transformed into an image of a girl with glasses.”

Jungkook took a sip of his banana milk.

“Then it started talking. ‘Hello, Hello, anybody there?’ So I know for sure it couldn’t see me for some reason but I said hello back to her and she asked for my name. So I introduced myself. And then she said ‘My name is Lee Ji Eun. Nice to meet you.’"

“Hold on Jungkook, you’re saying this floating blue thing talks and her name is Lee Ji Eun? Does she look Korean?”

Namjoon asked Jungkook with a serious face.

“Yeah. She didn’t sound scary at all; she had a more playful tone with her. And I think she’s Korean.” 

“I think she’s playing a prank on you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter