Ch1

Cinderella's Step Sister and the knight

"Kang Bada!! Kang Bitna!!" Madam Kang yelled when she saw the carriage of the marquess where seen entering their property. "Yah!!! Both of you! Come down right now before I ripped your apart!!" She yelled while clenching her hands tight, looking at her two daughter that came down from the stairs lazily. 

"Smile and greet the Marquess when he get here." She pulled both of her daughters to stand straight in front of the door while she straightened her dress. Being a single mother raising two naughty daughters on her own was a tough job and keeping her physical look in check was tougher but she excelled in the best way. Madam Kang as elegant and delicate woman who looks expensive like a rare diamond, she received multiple proposals for her hands but she had her own standard. Only people as up high as a Marquess was good enough for her. 

"Nice to meet you girls." Marquess Lee bowed his head smiling at the cute 13 years old twins, his head keep reminding him of his little daughter that he left at home alone with her nanny after her mother died. Marquess Lee made up his mind, he will propose to Madam Kang and marry her. She'll be a good mother for Aera and Aera will be happy to have two beautiful sisters. 

"You are not going to marry my mother!!" Bada yelled as soon as the Marquess lifted his head from his bow. Her loud voice causes the Marquess to flinch a little while Madam Kang tried her best to suppress her anger with putting a smile on her face. 

"I'm sorry my lord. My daughter loved her dad so much that she cannot accept anyone to be her new father." Madam Kang step to the front, pushing her daughter to the back a little. She needed this marriage, she was running out of money to support the household. 

Bada rollled her eyes, she smirked. Her father left them to marry another woman in another country while he was traveling because work. She was 6 years old when her mother received a letter from her father stating that he'll never come home as he got a new family while doing business at the Northern country. He was rarely home and when he was home, he'll go out with his friend to hunt. They never spend time together as a family. Bada only had Bitna and vice versa as Madam Kang was busy to make ends meet. 

Bada glared at her mother while all of them and the Marquess were enjoying lunch altogether. "Bada, mind you manners at the table please." Madam Kang hissed looking at her daughter that was throwing silence tantrum. "My mother is not going to marry you!" Bada stood up from her seat, glaring at both her mother and her future father. 

"Kang Bada! Watch your word!." Madam Kang closed her eyes shut while inhaling deeply. Trying her best not to cut loose her temper. "We can live on our own mother! We don't need anyone to lead the household." Bada stated before walking out from the dining hall. She walked out from the manor and sat on a bench near the wheat field at the side of the manor's property. 

She had enough of man trying to pull her mother's leg. Trying to make a fool out of her as she was a widow with a fruitful land of wheat and a huge manor. The wheat harvest declined every year and maybe mother already ran out of way to support the household. "Your mother already agreed to marry me." A man's voicr disrupted her silence, but Bada remain stoic on the bench and not reacting to his words. 

"You'll just leave my mother after you get what you want." Bada said monotonously while fidgeting her fingers. The middle aged man laughed and sat beside her. "You're worried that I'm going to treat you mother badly?" Marquess Lee stooped down leveling his head to the child's height. 

"Bada, you need to trust your mother's move. She tried her best for you guys." The man added. Bada nodded her head while fighting back her tears from falling down. "Shush, this family will be complete. I'll be your perfect dad and you'll have a new little sister. We will be living happily ever after." He comforted the child and gently pat the child's head like how a father does to his daughter. 

4 years later... 

"Mother? Did the tailor came to deliver my dress?" Bada came down from her room to see her mother was knitting some scarf on her rocking chair. Madam Kang lifted her head a little, and pointed at the three boxes stacked on the coffee table at the family hall. The names of the recipients were carved on the board, Bada, Bitna and Aera. 

Bada smiled and opened the box with her name written on it. She asked for a simple flowy blue dress from the tailor and she cannot wait to see the final product of the dress. Her smile dropped when she saw her dress. An emerald green with extravagant bold design, huge bow here and there that she hated the most and puffy sleeves. She sighed and lifted her gown, showing it to her mother. "Mother! This is not what I originally asked!!" Bada was furious, she was going for a tea party to celebrate the crown prince graduation ceremony and she wanted to look her best. 

"The design that you wanted didn't suit you. This one is better." Madam Kang replied as she stood up and circled her daughter. "I'm not allowing you to go to that tea party with a dress that looks like a servant's attire." She hissed under her breath looking at her furious daughter. "But I like simpler dresses." She stomped her feet in annoyance. Madam Kang laughed and pulled her daughter towards a long mirror located at the foyer of the house. 

"Look at yourself. You're not pretty like that girl." Madam Kang stated and pointed at the family portrait that show her little stepsister on it. "If you don't dress extraordinarily, the prince won't bat a lash on you young lady." The mother coldly said and walked away from the her daughter to resume her knitting session. Bada look at her reflection in the mirror, she was not as pretty as the Cinderella or her real name was Lee Aera. As her breath tighten, Bada reached for the third box that had her step sister's name engraved on it. 

"Don't touch it!" Aera came down from the staircase running towards Bada who reached for the box with her name written on it.  "I'm sorry sister. I didn't mean to yell at you but I was too excited to see my dress." Aera apologized to her step sister who was glaring at her and scrutinizing her from top to toe. Aera pulled out her dress from the box, revealing a beautiful but yet simple dress in a soft pink. 

"It's ugly." Bada stated snatching the dress from Aera. Aera look at her sister with a bitter smile, didn't want to show her that she didn't like her sister's critique on the dress that was inspired by her late mother's dress. Bada smiled at the little sister before throwing the dress onto the floor and step on it. 

"Wash it before you use." Bada added before walking away from the space that was suffocating her with jealousy. 

The next day, the carriage was prepared to send the girls to the palace. Aera was the first person to be ready and get on the carriage while Bitna and Bada were hustling with their heavy and big dress. "Mind your manners at all time. Remember, you girls are now from a noble family." Madam Kang sternly looking at the twin who were descending down the stair slowly due to their skirts were too huge and hindered their sight. 

"Mother, do I look pretty?" Bitna asked, twirling her bright purple dress in front of her mother. Madam Kang sighed, looking at the twins. "Hmm." She replied shortly before she walked to the carriage. "Aera, be careful with whatever words that come out from your mouth or else I'll cut your tongue." Madam Kang raised her brows looking at her step daughter who nodded her head after listening to her command. 

"Help your sisters talk to the prince. Don't be a hindrance for my twins' future." Madam Kang added before she get back into the mansion. Bada and Bitna were safely seated in front of Aera. "That's a cute dress Aera." Bitna compliment brought a smile on Aera's beautiful face but turn Bada face into a cold frozen state. 

"Aera, you know that I liked the prince since the day I enrolled to the academy right?" Bada asked, and Aera nodded her head. "Then, do not speak to the prince ever. I'm warning you." Bada hissed before she lean back to her seat, straightening her back.

As expected of a royal party, the east garden of the palace were decorated with beautiful sculpture that greeted the guest and exotics rare lookimg flowers were blooming in the garden. Rose petals were scattered on the red carpet, causing the nice fragrant of roses to waft in the air at the tea party. Then, an ice sculpture were placed in the middle of the garden attracted the attention of the guests. 

Bada leaved both of her sister behind as she saw the figure that she had been looking for at the edge of the garden. The crown prince Kim Taehyung, the future emperor of their kingdom. He was talking to his friends who were from the nobles family and knights.   

"Congratulation on your graduation from the academy your highness." Bada bend her knees and bow her head. Prince Taehyung shifted his gaze from his friends to the girl that was congrulating him. "Thank you Young Miss Kang Bada." He nodded his head at her words and stared at the girl for a few second. His stare causes her cheeks to flush and her heartbeat increased. "You still got another semester at the academy right?" The prince smiled, seeing the girl was acting shy. "Yes, your highness. I still got another semester before graduating." Bada replied him with her brightest smile as her eyes landed on his eyes. 

"Sister! Sister!" Aera's voiced broke the staring battle between Bada and the crown prince.  "I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation but I need to talk to my sister right now." Aera greeted the prince with ettiquete before tip toeing to whisper at her sister's ears.  Taehyung smiled wider than before as his eyes landed on the small girl who was whispering at the her sister. 

"Bitna got into a fight with Marquess Song's daughter."As Aera finished her words, Bada bowed her head againi to the prince. "I'll talk to you later your highness." Bada stepped backwards before running towards the crowded place. Aera scratched her head as Bada left her alone in front of the crown prince. "Good evening Your Highness. I'm Lee Aera the daughter of Marquess Lee and the step sister of the Kang twin." She lifted her skirt as she properly bend her knees. Taehyung shifted his body and replied her bow, before he took her left hand and plant a kiss on the back of her hand. 

"Nice meeting you, Young Miss Lee Aera. I'm your crown prince, Kim Taehyung." He replied as his smiled getting wider and reached his ears. Aera nodded her head, to the sudden fluttering effect she felt in the tummy. "I-i shall go and check on my sisters." She stuttered before whe excused herself.

"I think I'm in love." Taehyung let out a whisper, as his eyes stay on the back of the girl who was waking away from him.  "Hah! Not a chance. Everybody from the academy knew that Bada likes you. That girl is Bada's sister and she'll definitelt would not pursue the man that her sister likes."Jimin smilled cheekily at his friend evilly trying to put out the sudden fire that spark in his eyes due to Lee Aera. 

"Why do you think that all the female guest in this party did not come close to congratulate you?" Jimin added raising his brow amusingly observing his bestfriend. Taehyung just smirked and crossed his arm. "Why??" He asked. "That Young Miss Kang Bada had threaten everyone that come close to you. That also the reason why you had a very peaceful academy life while being this goodlooking." Jimin explained, and Taehyung looked at his friend in doubt. 

"She did that?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah, the infamous Kang Bada, the daughter of Madam Kang that had a pretty bad reputation among the nobles." The latter added. "But she was really soft spoken. How could she threaten anyone?" Taehyung probed more, as he cannot believed his friend's word. The Kang Bada that he knew was very nice and caring person. She always brought handkerchief for him whenever he had a sword training at the academy. She also was a really delicate and full of manner.

"Is she pretending to be nice becauses she wanted to be my empress?" Taehyung raised his brows looking at the son of the chancellor, Park Jimin, his bestfriend since birth. "Well, we never know what is her intention." Jimin pulled a straight face before patting his friend's shoulder.