I'm Chanmi and I don't exist this chapter

You're So Difficult
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Graduation is so soon, Yuna." 

 

Jimin bounced with each step she took, buzzing with nervous excitement. As much as Yuna didn't want to acknowledge it, she knew Jimin was right. The date was approaching faster than ever, now with just under a month left. Every single moment she spent with Jimin, from responsibilities such as prefect meetings and patrol to their more personal and intimate times like heading to the prefect bathrooms and their study sessions by the lake, Yuna cherished the time dearly so she could remember what it was like when the girl left. 

 

"It is, isn't it?" 

 

"I'm a bit scared if I'm going to be honest." 

 

Sunlight poured in from the vast windows of the corridors that led to the courtyards, rays dancing on the sides of Jimin's profile. Along with Jimin's words, it painted her in a different light, quite literally.

 

"Scared of what?"

 

Yuna, surprised by the news, looked at Jimin who clutched her satchel beneath her arms. 

 

"I don't know, going into the real world, I guess. Who wouldn't be scared?" 

 

Yuna hummed in agreement. It took a while to get used to the fact that Jimin was going to be out there, finding a job and making a living while she was still at school, possibly completing her most important year. 

 

"You'll be fine without me right, Yuna?" 

 

As ridiculous as the girl's question had seemed at first, Yuna played along, letting the words sink in as she did so. While it felt like it was the other way around at times, Yuna could easily say she wouldn't have made it so far without Jimin. But with that, with all the bits and pieces of knowledge that the girl has left with her, whether it be the ingredients to the living draught or how to let loose and enjoy the moment, Yuna knew she was going to be fine. 

 

"And you'll be fine without me?" 

 

"Of course I'll be fine. Top madam doesn't need anyone," she loudly responded, as if Yuna's words had hurt her. "Though, we'll still be together and all that. I'll meet you during your Hogsmeade visits and the holidays." 

 

Right. Because even without Jimin being at the school, she was sure she'd get quite the handful of her anyway. Not that Yuna was complaining. Not at all. 

 

"Speaking of Hogsmeade, have you seen Channie these days? I've been meaning to have a chat with her, but it seems like she's never around." 

 

At the girl's names, Yuna's ears perked up. It had been almost a week since they returned from Hogsmeade. The last time Yuna had seen the girl was when she was in the arms of Seolhyun, but since then, nothing. It wasn't like she was expecting to run into the girl much, no. The castle was large enough on its own, but trying to cross paths with a Slytherin in another year? That was quite a lot to hope for, though to be fair, they didn't exactly meet in the most conventional way either. 

 

Even knowing all the odds that were against her, Yuna still found herself looking up and around when she was heading to and from classes or after a meal, hoping to catch sight of red hair paired with green robes. Time and time again, her efforts were fruitless. Yet, she wasn't even sure as to what she would do if she did see the girl again. Most likely nothing, knowing how panicky she felt when she'd mistake someone else in the crowd for Chanmi. It confused Yuna, how she simultaneously both wanted to talk to her and absolutely avoid her. 

 

"Yuna?" 

 

"Sorry?" 

 

"Chanmi, you know, Channie. Have you seen her?" 

 

"No, I haven't. Why, did something happen between you two?" 

 

"No, not me and Channie. Rather I think something happened between the Kim Kin Twins. They've been acting weird, and I've never seen them separate for so long. I suspect a fight, but I didn't think it could last for this long." 

 

"I think they might have. Chanmi and Seolhyun left when I went to meet you about those detentions a few days back." 

 

"Channie was there with you two? That's probably when it happened then. Seolhyun was acting a bit stiff that time." 

 

Their conversation subsided as the two walked through the long corridor in comfortable silence. Yuna glanced at Jimin who, despite her carefree gait and relaxed expression, wore eyes painted with concern. She must have been staring for too long as Jimin nudged her in the arm, a silent gesture to knock it off. Instead, Yuna's mind wandered back to a question that had resided in the back of her mind, tossing the topic around in her head to find a way to voice it. 

 

"Seolhyun," she began, finding the sound of the girl's name on her tongue unusual. "Does she have any pets?" 

 

"No? Not that I know of anyway. Why?" 

 

"Just thinking. I've seen her with a cat occasionally." 

 

Yuna waited anxiously for a reply, wondering if she had gone too far with a lie she had no basis for making. 

 

"Now that you mention it, I've seen her a little brown one a couple of times, but she says it's just one of the bunch that wander the school." 

 

Yuna hummed, "I see. It's quite cute." 

 

Judging from the way Jimin had responded, Yuna had doubts that the girl was hiding something from her. It seemed that Jimin really had no idea about Chanmi's alter ego. So if Jimin didn't know, even after all those years, how did she come to know about it in a matter of a few minutes of meeting her?

 

"I agree. Very round eyes for some cat and it's pretty friendly with Seolhyun. Though I've never really seen it with anyone else so maybe it's just like that. Maybe next time I'll ask Seolhyun to bring it around and I can properly introduce you too, seeing you'll be somewhat working together next year." 

 

That had completely slipped from her mind. While she housed no malicious judgement for the girl, Yuna must say that she definitely felt a cold air when Seolhyun had spoken to her. Her gaze had struck fear into Yuna's eye that day, and even before that in the Hufflepuff dorms, Seolhyun had her eyes fixated on her in a way that was not typical for a 5th year violating rules in another prefect's house. Of course, she hadn't mentioned what happened to Jimin, as she had almost forgotten about the entire event but after her comment, Yuna wasn't sure she wanted to face Seolhyun again. 

 

"Maybe another time, Seolhyun probably doesn't want to meet new people now." 

 

"I guess you're right. Well, if you see Chanmi, make sure you tell her I'm looking for her. Feels like I'm playing a game of cat and mouse and I'm on the losing end."

 

"Yeah, you too," Yuna replied, not letting her brain catch up to her words. 

 

It was too late however, seeing how an inquisitive glint had appeared in Jimin's eyes.

 

"You're looking for Chanmi as well?" 

 

Yuna started to panic, not even sure if she did want to see her. It must have been clear on her expression as Jimin continued to press onto the matter. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"I guess, something we," Yuna paused her ramblings for a second. "We just need to talk." 

 

Jimin looked at her suspiciously before shifting her gaze back to the corridor in front of her, whether it was for her own or Yuna's sake, Yuna did not know. 

 

"Take this with a grain of salt, but it feels like more like something has happened between you too. Seolhyun mentioned you once but refused to talk more into it, but it was obviously important as it had been her few words on the matter." 

 

Yuna continued walking, pretending as if each new word wasn't bringing her turmoil. She should have known, someone who had Jimin's intuition would have caught on as quickly as she did. It probably didn't help Yuna that Jimin was close to all three of them.

 

"And I don't think I'm wrong, am I?" 

 

Yuna didn't respond, still hesitant on revealing her thoughts. Heck, she didn't even know what her thoughts were, how could she tell them to Jimin if it was just a jumbled mess? 

 

"It's break anyway, and we can grab lunch if you're hungry," Jimin said, seeing Yuna was still unsure. "We have the time. What's with you and Chanmi?"

 

"Me and Chanmi," she began. "I don't know."

 

___________________ 

 

"Oh, Yuna! I was just looking for you." 

 

Yuna looked up from the book she had been reading to be met with large bright eyes. 

 

"I almost missed you there, without that striking blonde hair of yours, but brown does suit you. It'll be quite the look when it grows out a bit more, wouldn't it?" 

 

Shy, Yuna touched the ends of her hair. She had recently changed it up after a night with Jimin. The girl had insisted on staying in Yuna's room, playing the 'I won't be here for much longer and wouldn't it be sad if we never had a sleepover in our school years,' card on her. When Yuna had made an offhand remark of wanting to go brunette, Jimin had already dragged her to the bathroom and took out the dye as if she had it planned. 

 

"Thank you. You said you were looking for me?" 

 

"That's right, we need to discuss roles for the next year. I was going to just have a house prefect wide meeting, but I think it'll be best if I talk to you separately. Come to the meeting room." 

 

With those words, Solji disappeared as quickly as she had arrived, leaving Yuna in nervous wonder as she slotted her book back into the shelf. Walking out of a new empty library, she made her way back into the main castle and into the Hufflepuff dorms. If Solji was going to speak to her about what she thought, Yuna hoped it was nothing negative. 

 

She climbed up the stairs up until around the halfways point before stepping off to the side into a wall that revealed a secret entryway. She walked inside, seeing that the lights were already on and pulled out a chair from the wooden table. Yuna waited patiently, staring at the white walls and decorative plants around the room which she hoped she would get to know even better next year.  The room was lightly lit enough, and it brought a cozier atmosphere to the area. Yuna's eyes laid sight onto a pile of paper adorned with messy scrawls lying at the head of the table where the head girl and head boy would sit. 

 

"Oh, you're already here. So quick. I've always liked that about you."

 

Yuna smiled as Solji appeared from the corner of the room, which Yuna knew very well to be the study of the head girl and boy. 

 

"I'll keep things quick, since I don't really see a point of beating around the bush for this, but I'm sure you've heard the rumours."

 

Solji tied up her long black hair and picked up the pile that Yuna had been staring at not too long ago. 

 

"The headmaster has told the current head's who their successors are going to be. Obviously, you were gunning for the spot and I must say I'm impressed. Congrats, Yuna, you'll be Hufflepuff's next head girl." 

 

Solji ended her short speech with a smile. 

 

Yuna couldn't believe the situation. She sat in shock, unmoving. Becoming the head girl was what she had dreamed about since she could remember, and the position was just months ahead. 

 

"I thought I'd let you know, seeing as it's always better to hear it first from a conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter