High Risk & No Reward - What Seo Yuna thinks about every Slytherin mentioned here

You're So Difficult
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re finally here! Feels like ages since we were back, ” Jimin cried out. 

 

Yuna watched as the 7th year ran in front of her, laughing maniacally. With a wide grin plastered on her face, Jimin continued to run ahead. All Yuna could do was catch up to her, knowing that if she let her eyes off her for a second, Jimin would disappear without another care. 

 

Having just recently changed her hair from black to blonde, it wasn’t too hard for Yuna to follow her through the crowds. Jimin had initially been worried about taking Yuna’s ‘trademark’, as she called it, but Yuna reassured her and stated she wanted to change it up. It had been over a year since she first got it dyed and she was feeling possibly going back to a darker colour but she had no concrete plans yet. 

 

Yuna felt like she was chasing a first year with the way Jimin was travelling. She did her best to focus on the specks of green and yellow as Jimin made turn after turn. Yuna certainly did not get enough sleep for this, in fact, she had woken up earlier than usual because a certain cat had tripped over her sleeping body. 

 

Earlier in the morning, when she just gained consciousness, Yuna had felt a couple of kicks to her stomachs before an entire cat body pressed against her all of a sudden, and she couldn’t handle it anymore. 

 

She flung the covers over, successfully trapping the cat between her sheets. She waited as Chanmi attempted to paw her way out before giving up, lying still in her position and waiting for Yuna to lift the covers. After Yuna let the cat see again, she stared at Chanmi long and hard. No way was she trying to escape, and why did she have to wake Yuna up so early. Weren’t cats meant to love sleeping? 

 

Chanmi pointed to the robes that were still beside Yuna’s head. Yuna sat herself upright and handed over the robes with a hand, throwing it on top of the cat’s head, still slightly annoyed. She watched as Chanmi transformed back into a witch, clad messily in her robes which she smoothened out with her hands.  Yuna didn’t want to imagine what would have happened if she didn’t return her robes.

 

“I swear I was going to come back but I promised my friend that I would go with her to Hogsmede,” Chanmi explained, her voice raspy from the early morning hours. 

 

Her eyes closed as she waited for Yuna’s reaction, seemingly nervous in front of her. Yuna made a conscious decision to try to ignore how her voice laced with sleep sounded admittedly quite nice. She cleared her own throat

 

“But we don’t leave for 2 hours.”

 

Chanmi looked at her confused before her expression changed to one of smugness. 

 

“Right, I forgot. Slytherins like to go a different way. Gets us there earlier.”

 

Yuna was about to question her when she concluded she didn’t want to know. She had no doubts that the route Chanmi had just mentioned was the reason Jimin always seemed to arrive at Hogsmeade much faster than any other prefect. Who made her head girl anyway? 

 

“You didn’t have to wake me this early you know,” Yuna groaned instead, falling back down. 

 

It was silent for a while before Chanmi spoke up, after much internal conflict Yuna suspects. 

 

“I did, if I had to tell you and leave on time.” 

 

With those words, Yuna sat back up, flinging her legs over her bed. She looked at Chanmi, waiting for her to elaborate. 

 

“I didn’t want you to see them because,” there was a pause. “My friend was Seolhyun.” 

 

Yuna stared blankly in response. 

 

“Seolhyun, as in Kim Seolhyun? The 5th year Slytherin Prefect?” 

 

Chanmi nodded. It suddenly made sense as to why she hadn’t wanted her to know. Seolhyun, a prefect, breaking the strict dormitory rules would have likely equalled to her having those responsibilities revoked. Of course it also clarified the times Yuna had spotted Seolhyun during the night patrols when she had thought another prefect was meant to be on duty. It was definitely a very smart tactic, taking advantage of your prefect responsibilities to mask breaking rules. The Kims really had it in them, Slytherins through and through.

 

 Yuna fixed her glance at Chanmi, who wasn’t looking her in the eyes, rather towards the side. She had to give her hand up for Chanmi’s loyalty to Seolhyun. The girl had been pretty adamant on Yuna not reporting her back and as a true Hufflepuff, that was what she respected. 

 

“Alright. Thanks for telling me.” 

 

Her response must have shocked Chanmi as she stared at her as Yuna had transformed into Professor Dumbledore. 

 

“And I won’t report you for apparating, let alone into my bed at night,” she continued, mumbling the last part.

 

Chanmi didn’t move for a few seconds, before she whispered to herself. 

 

“I must be hallucinating.” 

 

The comment made Yuna giggle, amused by her antics. 

 

“No, I’m real.” she stood up, walking towards Chanmi. 

 

“Trust me I’m the one who can’t believe anything is real. How can you apparate at 4th year?” 

 

The calm and boisterous Chanmi she had known at this point disappeared and instead, she was looking rather bashful. 

 

“Actually, it was my first time apparating by myself,” she said, rubbing the fabric of her robe between her fingers. 

 

At the news, her emotions completely switched and Yuna whacked Chanmi’s arm upon instinct, who rubbed the area as if she was seriously injured. 

 

“Chanmi! Do you know how stupid that is? You could have gotten yourself injured. Don’t you know how terribly that could have gone? You could have landed on the other side of the world, or you could have splinched half your arm off! Gosh, you Slytherins and your stupid determination. You would have gotten expelled if anyone found out.” 

 

Yuna finished her rant, puffing as Chanmi looked like a child who just got scolded. However, her expression quickly changed. 

 

“Scared I’d be expelled?  You’ve only known me for a few hours and you’re concerned? And even with all that, you’re still not reporting me? You’re sweet, Ms Seo,” she leaned in closer, and Yuna felt herself step back at the unexpected proximity, faces inches apart. “Thanks for your hospitality, I had the best sleep in ages.” 

 

She pulled away and turned around with the sway of her robes, letting Yuna catch her scent briefly once more who tried to grasp what just happened. 

 

“You’re the best, unnie,” Chanmi cried out, turning around to flash her a smile before disappearing. 

 

Yuna was dumbfounded. Chanmi was obnoxious, obviously very skilled, smart yet inexplicably daft and clouded by ambition, the picture of a Slytherin. Breaking rules, invading her space, taking advantage of Yuna’s kindness and calling her unnie? Her audacity shook Yuna yet she still couldn’t for whatever reason bring herself to march to the headmaster and report the girl for what she had done. She was right, Yuna didn’t want to see her expelled, and she was scared and she was concerned indeed. her soft spots, for the brown cats and that one cocky Slytherin alike. 

 

She shook her head and laid back in bed, staring at the ceiling, basking in the odd silence and for whatever reason, loneliness and lack of being that now filled the room.

 

Was being incredibly charming a Slytherin trait as well? Because if so, Yuna swore she had never met someone who embodied the house more than Kim Chanmi.

 

As she shook away her recollections of the morning, Yuna was brought back to the reality of locating Jimin. She swore the girl had run into this shop, but seeing as she couldn’t spot a single speck of the Jimin’s blonde hair, Yuna was about to leave and try her luck again when she caught sight of a streak of blonde in peripherals. Shortly after, she heard the girl’s unmistakable manic laugh and immediately ran towards the back where the sound had come from. However when she arrived, instead of seeing Jimin like she had logically thought she would, she was greeted by none other than a splitting image of herself. 

 

Almost splitting, she should say, because that Yuna had long brown hair slicked up in a neat ponytail. The other Yuna tucked her thin wisps of bangs behind her ear as she politely smiled at her. Real Yuna was starting to wonder if she was going insane when the corner of brunette Yuna’s lips curled upwards, transforming into no doubt a Slytherin trademark smirk, one that she knew their head girl possessed. It looked weird on her face she must confess, it brought her shivers looking at it, but she had no doubt who was actually in front of her. 

 

“Shin Jimin?” 

 

Suddenly, the image in front of her started to spiral, revealing none other than Jimin who was driving her crazy. 

 

“Isn’t this so cool? I found a tiny brooch that allows you to transform into any you know well, with a slight change to their appearance. This will be so fun. I wonder what Kim Kin Twins will think about this. Hey, you should think about going brown, I think it looked pretty good on you.”

 

“Kim Kin Twins? Why are they called that?'' Yuna repeated, following Jimin as she made her way to the checkout, making a mental note of Jimin's comment on her hair as she agreed.

 

“Seolie and Channie,” she said without batting an eyelid. “You know Seolhyun, she's that Slytherin fifth year with long black straight hair. Looks like she will kill you but also would be on the front of Witches Weekly.” 

 

Jimin handed over a few galleons. 

 

“And Channie?” 

 

“Kim Chanmi. Loud, clingy, chaser on the Slytherin team. 4th year with bright red hair. The two are inseparable. They come in a package, plus they’re both Kims. Don't the Kim Kin Twins have a ring to it?

 

“The cat girl?” Yuna asked as she blatantly ignored her question, even though she was pretty sure there weren’t two 4th year Slytherins named Kim Chanmi,

 

“Cat what? You must be thinking of Mina. I heard she got another cat last weekend.” 

 

Yuna chose to not say anything. Did Jimin not know about Chanmi being an animagus? It made sense, being careful about something like that but Yuna had thought that Jimin and her relationship was rather close. Why would Chanmi reveal herself to Yuna and not Jimin? 

 

“What are you thinking so hard about?” 

 

Yuna was about to answer her but when she looked at Jimin, she instead saw Gryffindor head girl Yongsun with shocking blue hair.

 

“Jimin!” 

 

Her laughter filled the shops one last time as the two exited the store. They wandered around the shops a bit longer before taking a break, choosing to sit down on a wooden bench a bit further away from the crowds. Jimin offered Yuna one of the chocolate frogs she brought which the girl had declined.

 

“Hey, you’re acting weird today. What’s up with that?” 

 

Yuna smiled, appreciating Jimin’s concern for her.
 

“It’s nothing, I’m just tired. I had a patrol last night.” 

 

Jimin said nothing, but she scrutinised her carefully. Jimin knew what it was like to take patrols and feel exhausted the next day. Heck, she knows it more than nearly everyone being head girl.

 

“Whatever you say. If you have anything, you can tell Jimin unnie. My lips are sealed.” 

 

“Why should I believe you on that, huh? Your bloodline has been in Slytherin for years,” Yuna said, her tone teasing. 

 

“Yeah and yours has been in Hufflepuff for generations too and you guys value loyalty. You wouldn’t make friends with someone who isn’t loyal then wouldya?” 

 

Yuna laughed. Jimin had a point to make. She knew the girl was trustworthy, she had proved it from the start, so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to talk to her. 

 

“Jimin,” she started, her voice soft and hesitant. 

 

“Mhmm?”

 

“Say you’re in 6th yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter