Why is it always my room where something happens in, am I the only one with a room?

You're So Difficult
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AN at the end of the chapter please read regarding everything that has been going on with AOA

---------------------------

Chanmi bumped her head for the second time that day, having reached the end of the tunnel without noticing. Her wand fell onto the floor as she walked face flat into a brick wall and the light from its tip diminished drastically. 

 

She had lost track of distance since they entered the underground tunnel. Chanmi had been recounting tales of the pathway ever since it had been introduced to her by Jimin. Yuna had listened intently, awed by the stories the young Slytherin had to offer. Chanmi had been leading the way, a few steps in front of Yuna with a lit wand as guidance. The girl must have been too invested in her telling to realise they had reached the end and smacked right into the cold hard wall. 

 

Chanmi rubbed her head, feeling foolish for having done that in front of Yuna. 

 

"Lumos" 

 

Yuna suddenly leaned towards her and in a panic, Chanmi, stepped backwards, her back pressing against the cold wall. 

 

"What are you do-" 

 

"That sounded rough, did you hurt yourself?" 

 

Chanmi interrupted once more, could do nothing as Yuna meticulously inspected her forehead. She ran a finger softly through the area, applying nearly no pressure in order not to harm the girl. 

 

"It doesn't seem like it's going to swell, but it is a bit red," she said, her eyes completely fixated on Chanmi's head. "You should be more careful, Chanmi. I thought cats were meant to be very coordinated." 

 

Chanmi watched as Yuna was about to pull back until the Hufflepuff prefect leaned back in and placed a tender kiss on her hair. They pressed softly onto her skin, the action so brief that Chanmi couldn't help but wish it were longer, to wonder how they would feel on other parts of her face. 

 

Her own thoughts brought a surge of warmth to her cheeks. She threw her glance towards the side, avoiding eye contact with Yuna. If she hadn't, she would have noticed a mirror image of her cheeks reflected on Yuna's.

 

'Is this where we're meant to be?" Yuna asked. 

 

Her question brought Chanmi back from her trance-like state, a place she had visited many times today. 

 

"Give me a second," she responded under her breath and touched the bottom left brick. 

 

She proceeded to push multiple bricks more in a sequence she had so ingrained in her mind that she could probably recreate it half-asleep. Perfect, because Chanmi could barely think at the very moment. 

 

With one final push, the wall shifted backwards before splitting into two and opening like a door. Bright lights greeted the girls, and the two quietly called a 'nox' as the light from their wands faded away. Chanmi stepped through the opening, making sure Yuna remained close behind. 

 

However, she was immediately pulled back into the tunnel. Her grip tightly bound on Chanmi's wrists, Yuna whispered so that Chanmi could barely hear her. 

 

"Chanmi! I can't go in there!" 

 

The realisation dawned on Chanmi; the path led them right into the Slytherin common room where there were no doubts, students relaxing in. Imagine their reactions if they spotted a Hufflepuff prefect walking through their dorms. No doubt half of them would instantly seize the opportunity to slander the house and report her. It didn't really help that Yuna was clad in the Hufflepuff robes, as well as her easily identifiable bright blonde hair.

 

'Stupid Chanmi,' she thought to herself. Thank Merlin that Yuna was observant enough to realise where they were headed. She supposes the dungeons are quite a recognisable area of the castle. 

 

She rattled her brain for solutions, anything that could work. Chanmi scanned her surroundings, and after it landed on the worried eyes of the girl in front of her, an idea formed in her mind. 

 

Now if Chanmi were to ever describe a lightbulb moment, this would be it. She started taking off her robes, not realising the implications of her actions. 

 

"Ch-chanmi, what are you doing?" came a rather sharp whisper from Yuna. 

 

Chanmi did her best to not react and instead threw her robes over Yuna, inviting her to fix it up. 

 

"Just head left and walk straight. If someone speaks to you, act like Key. Don't respond if anyone calls you and just run." 

 

Leaving Yuna with just those words of advice, Chanmi once again transformed herself into a brown fluffy cat. She leapt up towards Yuna, who luckily had been aware enough to catch Chanmi in her arms. The cat reached upward and placed the hood of the robe on top of Yuna's hair. 

 

"Now?" 

 

Chanmi nodded, and she felt Yuna take a breath in before stepping inside 

 

_______________________________

 

It had been the first time Yuna had even seen the Slytherin dorms from the inside, and she couldn't believe the conditions. It wasn't uninhabitable or anything but it certainly did not feel like a place you could live in; it didn't feel like a home. Nonetheless, she held her head up high and clutched onto the cat tightly in her arms. As per her instructions, Yuna headed towards the left and continued straight, not without examining the whole area first. She shivered, not believing how cold the dungeons felt. 

 

Yuna could make out the faint outlines of a door of which she assumed was the exit. Briskly, she walked over to the door, trying to draw as little attention as she could from the few Slytherins around. In her peripherals, she could see just a pair who looked younger than she was, throwing glances in her direction. As Yuna got closer, she could make out some words tossed around in their conversation.

 

"Is that the head girl?" one asked, his voice snide and nasally. 

 

"Probably running off to the astronomy tower. What a waste of time." 

 

"Half the prefects could do a better job than her." 

 

"I cannot wait until she leaves." 

 

At the last comment, Yuna couldn't tolerate it anymore. Diverging from her path, she marched towards the pair, much to Chanmi's dismay who clawed lightly at her arms. The two Slytherins noticed when she was a few metres away from them, looking up from their seated positions only to be met with a glare.

 

"Don't talk about any prefect like that. I'm not your head girl, but I know exactly how much work she does for the prefect body. If you want to truly find out what she does, you can use the opportunity to ask tonight when you have detention, supervised by her." 

 

One of the students looked visibly shaken by Yuna's words but the other held his ground. "Who gave you the right to do that. You don't even have our names, what can you do?" 

 

Unfazed, Yuna responded, "I don't need your names, I've already gotten your IDs." 

 

Chanmi jumped away as the Yuna opened a palm, revealing two leather books. She watched amused as the two scrambled their hands into their pockets, fumbling around only to realise that it was truly theirs in her hands.

 

One of them stood up, challenging her. 

 

"I don't know how you got them, but you better give them back or I'll report you to the prefects, who can actually give detentions." 

 

"Simple," she started, her voice low to emphasise every word that left . "I'm extremely good at finding things."

 

Yuna smirked, and in an act of impulsivity, she took off her Slytherin robes to reveal the yellow Hufflepuff ones she had been wearing underneath, adorned with a shiny prefect badge whose glimmer the Slytherin definitely caught sight of. 

 

"You're a prefect?" he spluttered, face run with confusion. "You're not allowed to be here!" 

 

"And who's gonna believe you? Who's word would they take? A prefect since 5th year or you, just a Slytherin student with no other witnesses than your friend who has also warranted detention." 

 

He remained silent, not knowing how to respond. Yuna took it as having won, and turned around with the Slytherin robes held neatly in her hands. 

 

"Hope you two have a good evening with your head girl as you can explain everything to her, Sehun, Baekhyun." 

 

With that she left the two stunned, holding her head high as she pushed the door open, feeling Chanmi rush past her legs through the door before her. Keeping a watchful eye on the cat, Yuna closed the doors to the dungeons behind her before proceeding to the corner as calmly as she could. 

 

As soon as she was in earshot, Chanmi started meowing at her non-stop. Yuna fondly watched the brown cat wave her paws around before bending down and scooping her up into her arms again. Even with that, Chanmi still kept going and Yuna was starting to wonder if she ever shut up. 

 

When Chanmi finally ran out of breath, Yuna brought her hand under the cat's chin, gently scratching the area. 

 

"Now, I'm sure you need these to transform back so let's go somewhere a bit more private," she said holding up Chanmi's green robes. 

 

Seeing no signs of objection, the exact opposite in fact as Chanmi had her eyes shut peacefully during her scratches, Yuna headed towards the stairs. 

 

After a few minutes of walking, Yuna placed Chanmi on one of the barrels outside the Hufflepuff dorms and tapped the barrels in a series that she wouldn't mind if Chanmi memorised. The lid flew open shortly, and Yuna stepped inside. She waited to feel Chanmi run past her legs but to her surprise, she looked back to see the cat in the same spot on the barrel, looking unsure of herself. 

 

"You can come in, Chanmi," she whispered and at those words, the cat's ears perked up and she hobbled over beside Yuna. 

 

Yuna giggled and was about to pick the cat up when Chanmi ran past her to the door that led to the rooms. She seemed to have gained quite a bit of attention from Yuna's fellow housemates as she heard a few chatters as she chased after the cat. 

 

"A brown cat? I've never seen one before." 

 

"It must be Mina's, only she would have a brown cat." 

 

"Oh but Yuna's chasing after it. Do you think she'll let us pet it?" 

 

"Maybe another time, the cat looks like it wants to leave." 

 

Chanmi was pawing at the door, unable to reach the doorknob to even attempt to open it. 

 

"Aren't you fast," Yuna said, turning the knob to reveal the staircase that Chanmi was now familiar with. 

 

Without waiting for Yuna, Chanmi dashed up the stairs. Climbing at a much faster pace than Yuna could, the cat waited impatiently for her to reach the top where her room was located. Not too long after came Yuna panting as she opened the door. She threw the robes inside, taking a few seconds to recollect herself after the unexpected cardio session. 

 

When she did step inside, she was met by Chanmi in human form this time who was fixing up her hair. A cheeky grin plastered on her face, she raised an eyebrow as Yuna entered with her face still red from all the stair climbing 

 

_________________________

 

"You are such a rascal." 

 

When Yuna had men

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter